Bot readme

Best answers
i downloaded the bots program but it didn't come with the readme for some reason can someone get me the readme or post it here? i really appreciate it, thanks

Best answers
or just tell me how to install it all i have is the file ESF-bot or somethign like that. that's all it came with sorry bout the previous message it was accident ignore it.

Best answers
Put the "ESF-Bot.dll" in your "esf\dlls" directory, then change the "liblist.gam" file (in notepad) in the "esf" directory so it says:
gamedll "dlls\ESF-Bot.dll"
instead of
gamedll "dlls\hl.dll"
Run the game with console (example: "C:\Games\Half-Life\hl.exe -console -game esf"), and in the game type "addbot" in the console (open console with '~'-key) to add a new bot to the game.
You can use "kick [Bot Name]" no brackets just the bot name case sensitive, to kick a bot.

NOTE: It is very important that the name of your ESF directory is "esf"! Otherwise the game will crash at startup!

Have fun!

that is the readme...

apparently the next version of the bot wil come with a self-installer, so u wont need it, but untill then...

Best answers
it's crashing at startup here's what is says: LoadLibrary failed on C:\SIERRA\HALF-LIFE\ESF\Dlls\ESF-Bot dll (1157)
Hosterror:Couldn't get dll API from C:\SIERRA\HALF-LIFE\ESF\dlls\ESF-Bot.dll! figure that one out i just don't get it what is my Lamlist-gam thingy sposed to say maybe i messed it up tinkering with it

Best answers
bump, i really need help with this guys does anyone know what's wrong? i really have fun with bots

Best answers
im sorry, but i can help you :cry: :cry:

you should probably edit and elete that bump before one of the moderators see it (assuming they havent already and have let it stay) because you might get banned (im not sure how the system works) someone help him!!!

you could try sending a private message to blade (the maker of the bot) and ask him, he might be able to help you.

Best answers
i've figured it out finally so mods or someone can close this down since i don't know how to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom