Bot Help

Best answers
Question 1: Is there a bot for Beta 1.0?

Question 2: If so then, how do you install it?

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
duuuh check the main page and after that the readme file.

Best answers
I tried that. The readme is damn hard to understand.

Put the "ESF-Bot.dll" in your "esf\dlls" directory, then change the "liblist.gam" file (in notepad) in the "esf" directory so it says:
gamedll "dlls\ESF-Bot.dll"
instead of
gamedll "dlls\hl.dll"
Run the game with console (example: "C:\Games\Half-Life\hl.exe -console -game esf"), and in the game type "addbot" in the console (open console with '~'-key) to add a new bot to the game.
You can use "kick [Bot Name]" no brackets just the bot name case sensitive, to kick a bot.

NOTE: It is very important that the name of your ESF directory is "esf"! Otherwise the game will crash at startup!

Have fun!

Best answers
I can understand everything that says. Why can't you? It's not that hard if you pay close attention.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's VERY simple. You don't have to add anything.

Place ESF-Bot.dll in your ESF/dlls folder, then go back to your ESF folder (main), open the file liblist.gam using NotePad, remove the // infront of gamedll "dlls\ESF-Bot.dll" and put // infront of gamedll "dlls\hl.dll", then save. Then open your config.cfg file (Found in the same folder - ESF) with NotePad, find console "0" and change it to console "1" (If it already is set to 1, don't worry about it), save.

Then, if you haven't done so already, make a shortcut (or copy one that you use for another Half-Life mod), and add -console -game ESF -numericpings to the TARGET line (Remove Any Other -game ModName entries). Re/Name the shortcut to ESF and use it to play ESF, & that's it.

When you are in the game, bring down console Tilde Key ~, and type addbot CharacterName BotName (Example: addbot Cell Mr.Bot)

Best answers
i done that but on config.cfg i put it as cs instead of notepad what do i do

Best answers
Originally posted by super vege
i done that but on config.cfg i put it as cs instead of notepad what do i do
What? Speak english, please rephrase your sentence so we can understand you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom