Boss/Hero WIP Entry

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
CgChat Game Art Competition #31 Guidelines

Davidskiwan, SA_Gohan, and myself have all teamed up for this competition, so I figured since we all post on the esf forums, That we should make a WIP thread here as well..

Alright Finally got around to creating our thread.

Boss Concept:

By: DavidSkiwan

and Here's an early wip of the model. Just getting started on it.

By: Hekter (TekniK)

I'm not as good as a lot of you pros, but I'm doing my best on the model. Any comments on the model would be greatly appreciated.

More coming soon :)

Taken Directly from our thread in the WIP forums. Crits and Comments

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ah I can see it is very heavy WIP, but ****, looks nice. Keep it up and it'll look great :)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
awsome work so far tek, but i would divert slightly from the concept, and maybe give his hands 2 fingers, so they are more like "useable hoofs" if you get what i mean?

the shoulders need some work too imo, they are messy by your standards, i know you can do better :3 given the muscular physique of the design, i would try to define as much on the silhouette as possible and not just leave it for the skin (which i know you will detail superbly anyway). but on the grounds that the concept is clearly very defined, so too should be the mesh.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
awsome work so far tek, but i would divert slightly from the concept, and maybe give his hands 2 fingers, so they are more like "useable hoofs" if you get what i mean?

the shoulders need some work too imo, they are messy by your standards, i know you can do better :3 given the muscular physique of the design, i would try to define as much on the silhouette as possible and not just leave it for the skin (which i know you will detail superbly anyway). but on the grounds that the concept is clearly very defined, so too should be the mesh.
My problem is getting the detail into the model that I want with the 3500 poly limit. It may seem like a lot, but given that I've used 1700 on the body alone so far it gets used up fast. If it comes down to it, I'll do a few edits and send the model over to zbrush for some extra definintion :). And about the hands, I think 2 fingers is what David had in mind, and I just overlooked it when I was blocking out the body, I may go back and see how it looks with just 2 fingers.

Best answers
it looks like you made 5 fingers on the hands... when on the ref there's only 3... why dont you cut out 2 fingers and get more polies to play with?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DBXMe2 said:
it looks like you made 5 fingers on the hands... when on the ref there's only 3... why dont you cut out 2 fingers and get more polies to play with?
Yeah, I overlooked that like I said earlier. I'll cut out two fingers when I get some more time to work on it.

Update**

Moving right along, so far it weighs in at around 2130 triangles. So, I'm well below the limit at the moment which will give me a lot to play with later on i hope :)

Best answers
The fingers are bent in a nasty way, other than that it's looking fine.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeha was doing some scaling of the porportions..

update

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
looks neat neat neaty... nway the only shizzle wuts bothering me is the jawline of the forearms... and ... the fingers? else very fine ;)

Best answers
Tryforce said:
looks neat neat neaty... nway the only shizzle wuts bothering me is the jawline of the forearms... and ... the fingers? else very fine ;)
Forearms have a jawline?, wow that's like..like..cewl..mmkay

Best answers
you guys gona Zbrush the model after?? cause it could turn out really nice with some Zbrushing

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sadner said:
Forearms have a jawline?, wow that's like..like..cewl..mmkay

._. ok then the line in the forearm wich makes a ...pointy flow change... darn ya know <_<"

dont make me a f00l ._."

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
=D looking great tek!
and amazing concept there david =D

I would suggest bulking up his shoulders like in the ref, it'll make him look bigger and stronger =] other then that it's really cool =)

perhaps make a modeled mouth? =o

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmmm he doesnt look evil. raise the outer edges of his brow, to give him a characteristic frowning look. then maybe shorten the shout a little, and bring the nostrils up, to make him look like he always has at least a little snarl in him. that should help make him look a bit more violent, and less like a disgruntled cow.

★ Black Lounger ★
Best answers
shoulder and arms need work....perhaps you need to work off of side and front views of your character sketch....looks good so far...has a BFP Feel to it..keep up the good work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom