boot cd

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, that could be possible , but i doubt it tho.

Best answers
Bootable? You mean it starts itself when its inserted in the cd drive?
I can help you with that.
Make a inf file with notepad and type this code in it:
Code:
[autorun]
OPEN=[I]"Your_Program_Name"[/I].exe
ICON=[I]"Your_CD_Icon"[/I].ico
LABEL=[I]"Name of the program to show when it starts"[/I]
Then change the contents of the code to fit your CD. The Label and icon isnt necessary, you can leave only the first 2 lines in it if you want, like this:

Code:
[autorun]
OPEN=[I]"Your_Program_Name"[/I].exe
Im not sure if this works though, ive never tried it myself...

Best answers
Oh, i dont know about that, but you can stop windows from loading by pressing... f8 was it? And then type "format: C" or something. Okay somebody else has to tell the details...

Force Pit Member
Best answers
When you turn on your computer, go into your bios (I believe it was the delete key?) and you gotta find the setting that makes it boot from the CD first rather than the hard drive or whatever else its at.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
not like that I mean it should start in the bios before windows loads so I could format C and install windows xp sp2 on it
You can format your drive within the installation of windows.
If you for some reason don't want to do this then I think you can make a boot cd with partition magic and format your drive this way.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
STOP!!!!! Man, take it from me, don't install SP2. It's the biggest **** ever. ****s up everything, including Windows Movie Maker. Even TV display can't be done without extending your desktop. Stick with SP1, I'm telling you from experience.

Best answers
Huh? i have service pack 2 and i can make TV display without extending my desktop. And i have no problems with the movie maker...
Maybe its your graphics card that doesnt let you use TV display properly?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can format your drive within the installation of windows.
If you for some reason don't want to do this then I think you can make a boot cd with partition magic and format your drive this way.
I burned a cd image on my cd, it containts windows,so I want to format my C partition while installing windows from bios(the time before windows loads) but the cd doesn't start in that timeso thats why I got to make it bootable (starts automatic in bios everytime)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Huh? i have service pack 2 and i can make TV display without extending my desktop. And i have no problems with the movie maker...
Maybe its your graphics card that doesnt let you use TV display properly?
Maybe it is, all I know is that it worked like a charm on SP1. And maybe LionHeart will have the same problem, because so far the cause of it is unknown.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I told you why on MSN :/ something up with my graphics card, I dunno.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The only thing thats screwd up in movie maker is a setting. Go to options and change it thats all. It works normally than. ("toopls>options>advanced>video format" set it to NTSC if its PAL movie maker wont work.)

Best answers
None of these is about his main Question.... Anyway. Here's what you do.

Do you have nero? IF so, go to the Burning ROM and select NEW > CD
Then Select CD (Boot). Burn any Image you need onto that. Itll take care of it.
That does the trick. :) Never tried it, but it should work seeing as thats what Nero Helps says ....

EDIT: First make an image of the CD. Then burn onto another CD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom