book that has gotten little or no attention

betterman

B
This book is probably the best i have ever read and the sequel has just recently been released

The series is called Inheritance, and the first book is Eragon and the second book newly released is called Eldest.

Eragon-http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?userid=q98jKExBWT&isbn=0375826696&itm=1

Eldest-http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?userid=q98jKExBWT&isbn=037582670X&itm=1

The auther wrote Eragon when he was ****ing 15, holy crap thats a smart kid, check it out you will surely enjoy it

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Little or no attention? There was a big article on it in this week's TIME magazine.

Best answers
It doesn't take someone smart to write a book. Look at the dummy books, for cryin out loud.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You want us about it or something? Judging by the cover, it looks pretty lame, but supposedly youre not supposed to do that. The caption compared it to Harry Potter, so I have my doubts already.

So what was it about, and what else have you read that you enjoyed?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dune > Eragon

betterman

B
Dune is good and yeh i didn't see said article but i remember it in the library, yeh thats my bad but still if you havn't read it, read it

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
I have heard it's quite good - and the life that guy has led is already pretty interesting.. :D

(P.S: Write a book, then talk of the difficulty. ;))

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's moreover writing a story that's difficult. Getting all the angles and techniques and revealing what where and inventing and AHHH.

It's nuts. And I would wager even harder with a fantasy book like Eragon because you are in fact creating an entire universe, more or less. Whereas say, a fanfic just uses a world somebody else created, sometimes characters somebody else created, and then it's just molding the situation... which is why they get flak.

And IMO the book is good. I've read Eragon, I want to read the second one. It's a fantasy book, swords and sorcery type deal, dragons, dwarves, elves, etc. Poor farmer kid discovers his ultimate destiny, becomes a hero and has to destroy the evil emperor, you know the drill. Nothing too out of this world but still a good read if you like that kind of thing.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i read both books in 5 days (i read the first when it was released, and then both when i recieved my copy of eldest). imo they surpass even lord of the rings.

but thats just my opinion. Christopher Paulini has really created a world, where its very easy to immerse yourself and get to grips with all the characters, you can feel their struggle, and their joy. the books are simply briliant.

and i wouldnt nececarily say its your standard "farmer meets ultimate destiny". read the second book, and youll realise that actually Eragon isnt what he seems.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
rebornMCW said:
Reading is so 1999.
o_O I guess we have a new obnoxious forum member to contend with...

Has anybody read the Sword of Truth o Wheel of Time series? Id like something to compare this to. And I really wasnt too fond of LotR... the battles were lame...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom