Bonus Tier System questions

Wannabe Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Hey all,

I think it has been discussed before but I cannot seem to find the right words to search for.

To my understanding, you get bonus points throughout fighting and then you can spend by hitting the 'c' key.

But how will getting these points be determined? Is it damage done? How many hits with beams/punches?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
With melee its like this.

The more hits you can do without the opponent recovering the more points you get. The amount has not been fully set yet as we still need to balance that out.

Beams dont grant you points ATM since that would be a bit to easy to obtain them.

Wannabe Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
With melee its like this.

The more hits you can do without the opponent recovering the more points you get. The amount has not been fully set yet as we still need to balance that out.

Beams dont grant you points ATM since that would be a bit to easy to obtain them.
Ah right, and by recovering you mean the right-button mouse (quick-recover, or slow left-button)?

So basically, you need to be fast in hitting him to get points to more damage. Like: left-button hold, hit-hit-hit-recover. 2-4 points

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Any recovery will reset the counter.

An example would be like this. Lets say you get 1 point for the first hit and any additional hit you get X2

So for the first hit you get 1 point, then 2, then 4 and so on. But if he recovers after the third hit, your fourth hit will only get you 1 point again.

Any recovery can be used, be it instant, quick or if the person just recovers naturaly.

He has to choose as quick recovery uses up some KI and instant recovery uses up a bunch of stamina, the player needs to outweigh the costs and choose what to use.

Wannabe Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Any recovery will reset the counter.

An example would be like this. Lets say you get 1 point for the first hit and any additional hit you get X2

So for the first hit you get 1 point, then 2, then 4 and so on. But if he recovers after the third hit, your fourth hit will only get you 1 point again.

Any recovery can be used, be it instant, quick or if the person just recovers naturaly.

He has to choose as quick recovery uses up some KI and instant recovery uses up a bunch of stamina, the player needs to outweigh the costs and choose what to use.
Awesome, sounds like a good system, can't wait now, why did you have to go do that? :)

Thanks Grega.

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
we love u grega ^_^ also me and DT might be showing off some bonus moves soon enuff so keep alertttttttttttttt

Data Technician
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I have a question.. Don't know if Grega already said it but here it goes:

When your opponent recovers, do you loose all your points or are they stored for later use? :)

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have a question.. Don't know if Grega already said it but here it goes:

When your opponent recovers, do you loose all your points or are they stored for later use? :)
You don't lose any points when opponent recovers.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bonus points get stored in the bonus bar. You can use them when you see fit. You do loose all your bonus points when you die though.

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bonus attacks make a great melee combo finisher... sometimes its even a great starter... or a midway combo use.

Bonus attacks are great to use when ever you see fit, even to outsmart your enemy :)

Data Technician
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Bonus points get stored in the bonus bar. You can use them when you see fit. You do loose all your bonus points when you die though.
That.. Is.. ****ing.. Awesome! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom