Body part bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best answers
I was playing 1.3 on a private server with Buu, and I used the body part attack while someone was in front of me. for one reason or another, I was the one that got stuck in the attack instead of the other guy. I did a search, and I could not find a report of a similar bug.
just to be clear: there were no other people in the server besides him and me, I was the only Buu, and it displayed "killed self with body part" when it was done.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hahaha, I'm sorry, but that's pretty funny.

How far away was he? Was he right in your face, or what?

Best answers
he wasn't exactly in my face, but he was pretty close. almost close enough to use melee. and it happened AGAIN. this time while I was doing it, I got hit by a beam and got wrapped up in it.

this happens before whatever that fleshy looking "pop" happens. both times this has happened I was in the air, but I don't think I was hit the first time it happened. this time the beam hit me from the side, and when the light went away I saw that the body part was wrapped around me.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea thats a known bug. Body-part hits the one using it.

Probably just need to fix the numbers of the starting location ^^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm pretty sure it happens every time you start making the bodypart and teleport twice or more before it's ready. Could be caused by something else though.
By the way, I think you can set yourself free by powering up. That is possibly true for players other than yourself (the bodypart's creator) as well.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, that's how you free yourself by powering up. I think it might be getting stuck on yourself since harsens had some code that let you shoot yourself with the attack (so he could test by himself). Either way, pretty funny :)

Best answers
Yah, didn't bother removing that yet, was waiting for DT to finish up the wrapping animations :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom