Blue Impact

Best answers
Well I was requested to make a website layout by a friend and this is meh first one, my first big picture in photoshop for that matter.
But he can't really use it cuz it aint what he needed, he asked for simplicity and I make this LOL Oh well w/e. I wuz gonna call it Water Impression but I liked blue Impact more somehow :D
As it is my first one id really love your coments so C&C ^^!

Best answers
Nice but every thing seems to dark, and I dont really like the text.

and is that a transparant black box on the top right?

Best answers
well, for a personal site, that would look gravey. especially for your first one. although ill agree it is really really really busy, but thats alright. just keep practicing, and go look at other websites to understand how some things work and stuff.

Good job, keep it up :]

Best answers
XsilentlyXdiesX said:
Nice but every thing seems to dark, and I dont really like the text.

and is that a transparant black box on the top right?
Well I kinda like the text, but i diddnt work my ass of it eather cuz it's suposed to be mostly an example text, what really matters is the layout itself.
And well yeah the web may be a bit dark, but i dont think it makes it look bad, it'z zupozed to be artistic yah see? :D
And no, man where do yah see a transparent black box?? o_O Am I blind or is it j00? xDDD

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I personally don't like it, the banners are wierd and awkward looking. Try using smoother effects. Also, the layout could use some changing.

Bolteh2

B
hooray for basic filter **** ups in photoshop
hooray for 0% knowledge of alignment
hooray for 0% knowledge of typography
hooray for too flashy designs back in the days when internet was hot (talking bout the 70s here)
hooray for trying tho... start looking at other (professional) sites to obtain the keys of a succesful webpage design, dont rip layouts, just get ideas on alignment, typography, navigation etc

ps: sorry if i sound rude... but this was the nicest and kindest way for me to put it (i wanted to post "it sucks" first)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
looks good but you could make the difference betwean the colore so you know where the stuff is but the layout is OK

P.S. id change the warning if i were you maby put in a picture or some news :laff: for the sake of your freedom the penalty for torture is high :laff:

Best answers
Bolteh said:
hooray for basic filter **** ups in photoshop
hooray for 0% knowledge of alignment
hooray for 0% knowledge of typography
hooray for too flashy designs back in the days when internet was hot (talking bout the 70s here)
hooray for trying tho... start looking at other (professional) sites to obtain the keys of a succesful webpage design, dont rip layouts, just get ideas on alignment, typography, navigation etc
ok dude first of all WHAT THE **** ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?
I hope I'm misunderstanding your post :S
First of all its my first ****ing one so dont post in my thread if you are going to flame meh, be rude or give meh bull**** ok?
And yeah everything I do is very basic yet because I have been using PS for two months or so, does that ring any bells?
"dont rip layouts" are you acusing me of ripping? cuz it aint meh style buddy.

EDITED: I saw you edited your post, yah dude it did sound rude to me. But your coment is listened to like I listen to all of them.

Bolteh2

B
i didnt say you ripped it (cuz i dont think theres anything as bad as this out there) i just say you should gather ideas of other sites but without ripping/copying them

and xsilentlyxdiesx.. thats the polarcoordinate filter ****ing up things.. not a transparant black box

Best answers
Sorry but if that was a website I had just entered I'd close it within seconds. That is way too hard on the eyes. Think about it, a layout has to be comfortable to look at over a reasonable periods of time. Also it needs to be properly aligned so it can be sliced and coded. And that looks like it would be far too hard to slice and code because it's a whole image that doesn't extrude vertically, which would make it a layout smack-bang image in the middle of the page with small arrows to scroll content (which I personally hate because they require no skill what-so-ever as the 'coder' draws HTML layers).

Basically, my advice to you is try to use slightly weaker colours, less confusing and simple fonts, focus mainly on placement, layouts are all about appeal, easy navigation and flow. A good way to go is to make them a size which fits in the majority of browser resolutions (basically so it fits onto a 800x600 screen resolution) and always make it so that the layout can be extended downwards indefinately. It's easy to start off making a background and building on top of that, instead of making one huge image. For a first layout it's a good try though, so well done.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it is too gaudy and blocky... sites should be smooth and flowing...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry man it just plane sucks. Too many of those noob filters and that text is blah. At least make one from a tutorial or something that looks better than this.

Best answers
SaKuMa said:
ok dude first of all WHAT THE **** ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?
I hope I'm misunderstanding your post :S
First of all its my first ****ing one so dont post in my thread if you are going to flame meh, be rude or give meh bull**** ok?
And yeah everything I do is very basic yet because I have been using PS for two months or so, does that ring any bells?
"dont rip layouts" are you acusing me of ripping? cuz it aint meh style buddy.

EDITED: I saw you edited your post, yah dude it did sound rude to me. But your coment is listened to like I listen to all of them.

Woah.. If you cant take crits then dont post your works.. Even if its your first time, posting means you accept crits. Being bad or good. And you say he flames? Well newsflash, what you just did comes close too a flame. What he did was a crit on your site.

And i'd have too agree with them, its too flashy and too in your face for a website. Websites need too be a overall picture, not a sig that throws itself at you.

And judging from your current sig, i'd say you can WAAAAAY better then this =]

Best answers
its not bad for a start i guess.... oO
Im a webdesigner and ive made around about 30 designs, totally my own aswell, i guess you just need to use some imagination, i can wip something up if you want? PM if you want a hand, i dont wanna see ye just struggle lol

-SaN'jess

Best answers
Gonadz said:
Woah.. If you cant take crits then dont post your works.. Even if its your first time, posting means you accept crits. Being bad or good. And you say he flames? Well newsflash, what you just did comes close too a flame. What he did was a crit on your site.

And i'd have too agree with them, its too flashy and too in your face for a website. Websites need too be a overall picture, not a sig that throws itself at you.

And judging from your current sig, i'd say you can WAAAAAY better then this =]
Dude of course I can take critiz, he just sounded rude to meh and it aint my first time posting BTW
SaKuMa said:
Yah see what I mean? I also misunderstood the ripping part so his post got more on my nerves than it should have.

But anyways I thougth it wuz good for a starter but I guess it dosent even look good, I was to ocupied making it look flashy and I overdid it. Taking a glance at it now I see what you all mean, it's way to busy for a web, I did it too siggieh like :laff: Thanx for the critiz all.

PS I don't have a website myself as I say in my first post its a simply layout for a friend.

Retired
Best answers
don't let bolteh provoke you sakuma.

The site should be less detailed. use a static simple background. no fancy texture. (fancy texture is a definite no-no aswell because the loading times of the site will be much longer aswell). also it's a bit too dark, I suggest combining some more colors. as in more white and light-blueish. so just keep everything clean, and not so many damn textures to give people headaches ;) a site should be relaxing to the eye.

Best answers
Take a look at www.2advanced.com

Look at how that site works, look at the colour combinations and blending. This should be your rolemodel =P

Best answers
Gonadz thats such a horrible reference... I mean look at the site... not even, first look at the title :laff:

2 advanced ( it speaks for itself )

Anyway... even though its your first.. its not so good. I mean if its a website thats about YOU, then it would work because it might fit what YOURE all about

But anything other than that... scrap it and delete it and make sure it doesnt come back.. then make a new and better one

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom