Block Suggestion

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I got this idea from these 2 fighting games if anyone here has played them somewhat. In the Dead or Alive series and Super Smash Brothers Melee game they both use the block feature, like esf. But in those 2 games, the block can be countered by a throw. It adds balance because it keeps the block from being overpowered.

In esf I think it would be a good idea to be able to throw someone who is blocking. It does not have to be a long throw, but allow a quick throw instead. It will keep players on the edge because if they block too much , more experienced players will keep throwing them around.

On a side note, in the design documents it is mentioned that when a player is blocking and is hit by basic melee, he is pushed backwards to keep players from going immediately into advanced melee. That can be left the same too because it also works with this idea.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Throw when blocked.

Are you out of your *BEEEEEEEP*

Sorry bout that XD

Block is the only thing that can save your ass from a throw right now. And you want to remove that. >.>

I give this a big thumbs down.

Just teleport after you hit and hit him again from a difrent side. They cant do mutch exept evade. If they manage to block that just repeat. Or press block yourself get ther e hit and counter with simple melee.

There are tons of ways to counter block. Angle beeing the easiest. Since block is only straight forward. (yes i said that and i cant anglehit XD)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry, but i'm with grega on this one, I hardly block, but whenever I block then I use it for a good reason which is usually throws or beams.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Then for it to work, throw should be changed to a grab animation like when you click the left mouse button. And if you miss the grab then you have a temporary delay, like one second until you can move again, which can leave you open to attack. It needs to be given a little disadvantage so it wont be spammed so much.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Block cant be spammed.

If advanced melee is ussed you cant be thrown but teh combo can still be performed.
If simple melee is ussed you looks 1 HP per block. Along with KI loss in boath melees.

Its just not good to weaken it more.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Allright if it cant be spammed anymore, then the idea might not work as much for esf. I was throwing the idea out just in case.

I still like the grab animation idea because its too easy to throw people, and should have a slight delay if you miss the enemy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom