Block Glitch?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The new Z clan server is up. But there's a new rule in it. What rule? A rule against a glitch. What glitch?

Apparently...blocking a hit from a basic melee, and immediately double swooping into the person to perform advanced melee...is considered a free hit. In other words...a glitch.

Now...blocking a basic mele hit prevents any character but trunks to immediately hit again due to basic melee delay. Trunks can hit many times very quickly. Others cannot. And unless you get away, your opponent can start to advance melee you.

You can easilly teleport away really fast before you're pre-punched. Its your own fault for being too slow.

I was under the impression that being able to attack after blocking is your reward for a successful block...and that being blocked causes you to have a delay...which is your "punishment."

The people in the Z clan think that this is a glitch that was not intended to be part of the game. I say otherwise. I'm here to find out what is true. Is it really a glitch, or is it a fair strategy that was intended?

This should not become a flame war. Just simple opinions on the matter, or until an actual team member confirms it either way.

So in a nutshell....is block-adv. melee a glitch...or is it fair game? I say its fair game. What say YOU?

Edit - ah crap I posted this in off-topic by accident.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I say, it's not a glitch.

I say, some people are weak in mind and are afraid of losing at something they suck at.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not to be ****y, but it has nothing to do with Z sucking (quite frankly, they're among the best players in esf). It has more to do with opinion, as Kagato said.

I dont think its a glitch, and I've never had a problem teleporting away from someone who is blocking. However, what is kind of screwy is if someone does the "block glitch" thing, and then throws you at the ceiling followed by 2 hits and a gen beam.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
I say, it's not a glitch.

I say, some people are weak in mind and are afraid of losing at something they suck at.
Their argument is that its a free hit. Well..if it was a free hit, why is it you can teleport away without getting hit? Its not like Trunks' throw-hit or my throw-laser.

Melee delay is there for a reason when you block....that way you're not being hit madly over and over by everyone (unless its Trunks)

Best answers
I've been hit by this before. the guy is blocking and right after I hit him he starts attacking me within like... .01 seconds. the sprite is still in the middle of its animation so you really don't have a chance to teleport. but, I still say it's strategy.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
It has more to do with opinion, as Kagato said.
Opinion?

Fact: It's been stated by PcJoe before, that it is NOT a glitch, but then again wasnt intended either. Its just another one of those attacks to discover in games. Like all other fighting games.

Wheather if its cheap or not is the opinion of the players, but thats not a good enough excuse to ban it..

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Uh, then don't play on their server. It's their server, and they can do what they want with it.

Best answers
How bout this kagato...it is our server...we pay for it, more so, hybrid pays for it...and he agrees with me...you got a problem...buy your own server and put what rules you want there. There is no point to this topic. it should be closed

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Theres no reason to close this. its a discussion thread. Just because Z was mentioned, your not the center of attention in this thread...

Logan289 said:
So in a nutshell....is block-adv. melee a glitch...or is it fair game? I say its fair game. What say YOU?
This is basicly the topic..

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
RavenTrunks said:
Wheather if its cheap or not is the opinion of the players, but thats not a good enough excuse to ban it..
Actually, considering its our server, its a perfectly good reason to ban it.

Best answers
Considering Someone was talking about trying to remove this "bug" from the game in 1.3...I think our way is fairly just...We are trying to get used to what 1.3 is supposedly partaining to AND since it is OUR server i don't see a reason for complaining

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sarutobi Sensei said:
Considering Someone was talking about trying to remove this "bug" from the game in 1.3...I think our way is fairly just...We are trying to get used to what 1.3 is supposedly partaining to AND since it is OUR server i don't see a reason for complaining
And this Someone would be, who, exactly?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Best answers
** Just like your last post was on topic too??? and considering i answered someones question..I don't see a problem with posting something that i feel may be implemented. **

Block is a defensive technique and i do feel now that you should not be rewarded with a offense attack for havinga successful defense.

You defended, your reward is no damage from an attack that would have caused you damage. That is my opinion

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Never heard of a Parry attack? Block somones attack to give your opponent an opening, and yes you do take damage during a block. Theres many ways around this, the fun part is finding those ways.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You do have time to teleport away in these situations, granted that the person youre fighting isnt using a swoop-script. Its still very annoying to see people use this strategy all the time, and I commend Z on their decision.

Best answers
actually in an equal fight, if you are not on turbo you take 1 damage. If you have turbo you take no damage.

There is no fun part when you soley base attacks around this move. I agree i used to do it too and i realized that it is ((TO ME)) an exploit that doesn't need to be kept//used. The part that puts into effect is ping. If you are facing someone that has a higher ping...it is a ping based move...and considering i played in the europe servers for a good few months, i realize what that can do to game play. It makes it highly boring and honestly there really is any skill there in blocking and countering. Why not when you block teleport up and down to counter attack? talked about ways around things...why don't we try that instead eh?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Swooping or teleporting away doesnt always work. As Sarutobi said, ping plays a huge part in whether or not you'll get hit. Sometimes, I'll hit someone who was blocking and teleport away, but I still somehow got hit. Its not like the person swooped after me or anything.

The hit boxes also play a part in this as well. As it stands, they are pretty large. You dont even really have to aim directly at your opponent to hit him anymore.

Anywho, the block thing can get pretty annoying, so we thought that we'd just get rid of the move altogether.

Best answers
Sarutobi Sensei said:
How bout this kagato...it is our server...we pay for it, more so, hybrid pays for it...and he agrees with me...you got a problem...buy your own server and put what rules you want there. There is no point to this topic. it should be closed

I have to agree..its their server..not yours..dont like it..dont play...simple as that...theres no reason to make a thread about it...and if u did want to make a discussion thread...u didnt need to mention any names..thats just flat our rude..i could say.."theres 3 main clans in ESF and one of them has the worst leader in history..and that clan is Kai...the leader is kagato"...u see...that right there was a flame...and is pretty much what u said...what u shouldve said is..."theres 3 main clans in ESF and one of them has a bad leader"...u see how that avoids alot of problems?....now...as for the discussion about it..if its pointed out on the beta 1.3 its obviously something that has a reason to be taken out..maybe not enough reason..maybe more then enough.but either way..if it was nothing big..it wouldnt be brought up...my personal opinion..is that its a cheap way to gain a hit..anyone can swoop around for a few seconds..stop and then block for a hit....it makes fighting too easy..and yeah u could say "well u can do it too"...but if both people do it..then the fight becomes more of a "who can trick the other person to attack" fight then of a "who can hit the enemy at an angle that they didnt expect before" fight...so yeah....either way..their server..their rules...dont like it...get a server and make your own...lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom