Blizzards new deal

Best answers
Blizzard is not making anymore singleplayer games, with the success of WoW they are now staying strictly to MMOG's which is both cool and bad heh, but i wouldn't care if i see a World of Starcraft, or World of Diablo i am sold, plain and simple.

More Blizzard MMOGs
World of Starcraft or World of Diablo, anyone?
by Daemon Hatfield
June 13, 2006 - A sequel to Starcraft is right at the top of many gamers' "Please, God, Make This Happen" list. Well, the Lord works in mysterious ways. If not a true sequel, gamers may be getting some more Starcraft action after all.

During a presentation to Wall Street today, a company representative from Vivendi reportedly said, "All Blizzard franchises will become MMOGs." The rep said they have a model in place to produce an MMOG for $50 million over the next three years.

World of Warcraft is one of the great success stories of our time. The big question is: with WoW already sucking hours/weeks/years of gamers' lives away, how will we ever find time to play World of Starcraft or World of Diablo? Alas, that these evil days should be ours!

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It would be the Universe of Starcraft. I do not know what the Diablo one would be called.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd be interested to see how they handle making Starcraft an MMO. The class system wouldn't be the typical RPG I'd think. Though I'd prefer the SC storyline to at least finish out with a strategy game like the previous ones. So all the mystery with Samir Duran and the Xel'Naga and etc can come to a close. I just hope they don't incorperate the hero leveling thing and uber micro management requirements as they did in WC3, not really a big fan of that.

Best answers
Screw Starcraft.

Diablo made online gaming happen, and that into a MMO would be the next big thing.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You know what they would call Diablo's MMO: Diablo 3. Simple as that.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What the ****. This better not be true, I hope to god it isn't.

If this is true, than **** you blizzard. I've been waiting and waiting for a sequel to Starcraft forever. I turned a blind eye when you soley concentrated on WoW for YEARS (Oh, and I hate MMORPGs so much. So ya, I hate WoW with a passion), but this is the last straw.

First you delay Starcraft ghost indefinately, and now your telling me the only sequel im gonna get is a ****ing MMORPG. At least make another warcraft RTS or something, do anything but more ****ing MMORPGs.

Seriously, get your ****ing act together Blizzard, or else you can just go ****ing die.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Damn, no more RTS's. I wouldn't mind if my credit card wasn't dead and my one month hadn't just ended because then I could be playing WoW, not caring about RTS's.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you still have warcraft 3 everyone. and supreme commander will dominate everything else that comes out for a while, until heroes of annihlation or whatever thats called.

Best answers
Ive Always Wanted to know what my Lvl 95 Druid would look like in an MMog

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i hope they make diablo online a fast level up game, like the regular diablo, so people that arent ****ing uber hardcore i cant leave my chair to pee - people can experience the cool raid content.

Best answers
Hash said:
First you delay Starcraft ghost indefinately, and now your telling me the only sequel im gonna get is a ****ing MMORPG. At least make another warcraft RTS or something, do anything but more ****ing MMORPGs.
Better an MMO than some piece of crap game that revolves around a single person (the Ghost) and had very little chance for success on the market. We all saw the developer juggling with Ghost before it's demise, the game wasn't even being developed by Blizzard.

World of Starcraft would be great, but only after they make a Starcraft 2game. The conclusion to the storyline that left me hanging after Brood Wars (and millions of others) years back can only be ended in an RTS format. An MMO better than an action/adventure/crappy console game, but it definatly should be an RTS.

As for Diablo... I can only imagine what Blizzard can come up with after Lord of Destruction's ending... Tyrael, the Archangel, corrupted by the Worldstone... just thinking about it makes me anxious. An MMO would fit Diablo's setting very well, focused more around small parties rather than 40 man raids, like in Diablo 2.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
<@DPredator> "Korea stopped playing WoW, Blizzard bankrupt, CEO of Blizzard claims that majority of money came from Koreans" and everybody will go like "Should have made SC2 LOOOOOL"

Sums it all up.

Best answers
bapplebo said:
<@DPredator> "Korea stopped playing WoW, Blizzard bankrupt, CEO of Blizzard claims that majority of money came from Koreans" and everybody will go like "Should have made SC2 LOOOOOL"

Sums it all up.
They dont get most of their money from Korea, they actully got most of their money from here(north america) and still do.

But its true, if korea wasnt playing, the game progress would go a lot slower.

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Not more MMO......**** it man, now they are gonna screw Diablo too...

I just hope this doesnt mean they'll never make a WC4.....

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Some of you seem to forget that Blizzard is running a business and not a charity. There is more money to be had in MMOs, particularly those produced by such a reputable company with one that is already as successful as WoW. I look forward to seeing a Diablo MMO.

KyoKusanagi

K
Seriously though, not everyone has the time or money to spend on playing an MMORPG, which is the main reason why I don't play WOW.

I tried Fung-Wan Online when it was free and I found that you had to spend far too much time on it for your character to be semi decent. WOW would be even harder to catch up in given the amount of time its been out.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Seriously though, not everyone has the time or money to spend on playing an MMORPG, which is the main reason why I don't play WOW.
At the risk of sounding rude...if you can't manage 15 dollars a month you have much bigger problems than not being able to afford WoW.
Not to direct this at you, Kyo, but this is just the sort of thing I come across a lot. Honestly I am truly tired of the whining about pay to play games. Unlike all the others, WoW is actually WORTH IT.

World of Warcraft has like, tripled in content since we got it, completely for free. Constant maintenance and improvement, constant new server releases. For a measly 15 bucks a month. You guys make it out like it's highway robbery--fact is for what we get in the game it's well worth the money. And i could afford 15 bucks a week on my allowance when I was a kid...any kid these days just has to whine annoyingly enough and their mom will probably just cut out the middle man and put it on her card just to shut the kid up.

Honestly if you aren't willing to spend 15 dollars a month on gaming then you aren't really a gamer far as I see it. Because you think 3 trips to McDonald's, or one CD or DVD (hah, like any of you buy those--they cost 10-20 bucks a piece!), or a pack of smokes and a sub, are worth more than one month of game time with the most popular and most immersive game yet to exist. It'd be one thing if you don't want to play it--but this whole "I hate to pay" crap is just weak. I mean, come on. It's 15 bucks a month. 15 bucks! Where the hell do you people work, anyway? I have a friend who works at CVS for minimum wage and he can play it fine--even buying a new computer for it, all while paying 500 bucks a month rent. And he works at CVS!

As for complaints about the time involved, WoW is the fastest MMO in existence, by a LONGSHOT. You can get to level 10 from a new character in a couple of hours, 20 in a few days, 30 in a week or two. I am as casual as they come and even I made it up to UBRS just on playing twice a week; I didn't even have a guild.

If the Starcraft MMO is like Planetside then you will all not even care about Starcraft 2 anymore. Besides that fact Vivendi is probably forcing them to go this route because of how many thousands more times profitable an MMO is. You know Vivendi--they suck like that, big time.

So please. All you haters need to lay off Blizzard. They give you nothing but great games, you have no right to complain. Whatever they do will be great, it will set an industry standard for quality and ingenuity just like always.

(Kyo none of this was directed at you in particular, just so you know...just a lot of what I see regarding the price of the game and such)

Best answers
Actually it is a proven fact hardcore playing you can get 60 in 2 weeks, knowing where to quest etc, playing casually 60 in a month to 2, its the raids and stuff that would be hard to schedule.

Honestly tho 15 bucks a month if you can't afford that like sayain said you have issues, i can understand parents don't like allowing the use of credit cards, but thats what a gamecard was invented for =P, go get a job at a fast food place,retail, hell it doesn't matter, 30 bucks 3 months i think? or is it 2 months?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom