Bleach Fans pissed off at Gene Simmons' son

Force Pit Member
Best answers
SHOCKER! Gene Simmons’ son, Nick, is a total prick! I can’t believe it. I have no idea how that ever could have happened. I mean, he had such a good role model growing up.

Gene Simmons' son, Nick Simmons, surprises Bleach fans with his comic - Incarnate. And by surprises I mean mostly piss off. One fan spotting some similarities to the Bleach manga sparked tons of fans gathering together and comparing scene by scene to show that Nick's latest manga is a far stretch from being original.Fans then further took matters into their own hands and brought news of the event right to Kubo-sensei himself in which Kubo-sensei mentions on his twitter account:

I have no idea what that means, so I trust the translation :p :
12:07 - I've received tons of comments from fans overseas while I was sleeping stating that there is a manga in America that looks a lot like Bleach. I checked out the site that was all in English and not really knowing what it all said it appears that Gene Simmons' son Nick Simmons wrote a new manga.

12:08 - Quite frankly, more than whether it looks like it (bleach) or not, I'm more interested in the fact that Gene Simmons' son is a mangaka...
And about the similarities to Bleach, check for yourself: http://community.livejournal.com/bleachness/446299.html
Also: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...carnate-halted-over-alleged-bleach-plagiarism

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Massive rip-fest, all the way down to even the story-writing. They should hang this guy.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Jesus Christ! Bleach fans are dangerous o0 http://www.facebook.com/pages/Calli...f-other-works/10150099569020063?v=wall&ref=mf
Their gonna sue the dude, well ... Try at the very least, with the help of the "amazing facebook groups" :p

And I fricking love the way the guy defends himself xD
“I may have appropriated some styles, but I did not steal. My work is full… of homages to everyone in my medium – not theft! You guys are just a bunch of mean spirited mouth-breathers – except all my fans on here who have rightfully supported me. I will ask Facebook not to press any charges against you if you give me a sincere apology here in this thread. Please do so. Facebook keeps all your IP addresses and info… so they will suspend your account if I do not receive proper apologies.”
And after seeing the Overlays' from "Bleachness" (god I love his respond)
“Okay.. now looking at some of these photo comparisons, I can see why a few people are up-in-arms. I can tell you right now these are all purely coincidences. I never even heard of Bleach! Who would name a comic after laundry detergent? When I channel my energy when drawing my book sometimes I can pull stuff in that I never seen before. It’s like i’m possessed when I start thinking and drawing. Perhaps I just got on the same wave length that all artists share.
“I have no idea how people are saying my comic looks like that bleach manga. My book is in color and the other is not. My book reads left to right… the other reads right to left. Besides some vague similarities, they’re nothing alike.”
Thought I would add the source: http://www.toplessrobot.com/2010/02/gene_simmons_kid_nick_is_a_comic_creator_a_doucheb.php

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What an idiot. Books reading from left to right or right to left doesn't change the drawing style. And just because he changed the coloring, doesn't change the actual drawings. I have to say, I smiled when I read:

Facebook keeps all your IP addresses and info… so they will suspend your account if I do not receive proper apologies.
He sounds like one of those wannabe-hackers. "I know your IP dude! Stop trolling me, or I will hack you!!!"

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
This whole thing is making my day.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know what was that guy thinking. I mean every Bleach manga reader can see that very easily. It's ****ing noticeable. :)

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its just too much to bear, can't watch anymore!

Gues the guy's just a huge fan of Bleach.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Know what I think the worst part is? If you're going to plagiarize a story, don't do Bleach.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Can't really see why plagiarizing Bleach is any worse then if he had taken any other story?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It was a joke. He's saying Bleach has a terrible story. I generally agree, though Bleach is pretty good right now.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It was a joke. He's saying Bleach has a terrible story. I generally agree, though Bleach is pretty good right now.
What do you mean? I liked how it started.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What do you mean? I liked how it started.
I enjoyed the beginning but then it got a little dull. The thing is, Bleach is fairly well known and there are probably a few other series like it so copying it is perhaps less blatant than say Death Note.

Jay

Best answers
Kill the bastard.That manga looks like ****!

🌠 Staff
Best answers
Except the angles of the shot that are shown there are different, the original bleach shot doesnt show his eyes at all, while the shot from simmons manga shows the characters eyes and such, so, "tracing" didnt happen at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom