Bleach Discussion [Anime spoilers]

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alright. He says it just after the fight really begins (when Ichigo managed to cut him).
For the absolute proof I provide you....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj334Uepe7Q

1:10-1:40
"My soul slayer ain't got a sealed form to begin with. This is my soul slayers true form"

2:00-2:10
"The reason I don't seal my soul slayer is because my spirit force is so huge I couldn't seal it, even if I held it in as hard as I could"
That's not absolute proof, that's Zaraki's ignorance to his Zanpakuto's existence. When I'm not in class I'll try and find the episode where Zangetsu tells Ichigo that Zaraki's soulslayer is crying out to him but he isn't listening. (It's right at the end before they both unleash their final attacks).

-edit

I hope it's not illegal to show a page or two from the manga, if it is, a mod can remove them.

Anyway here it is in the manga where Zangetsu tell's Ichigo that Zaraki's sword has something sealed inside, indicating his sword hasn't been released and is therefore not in Shikai mode.

chap 113 page 7

page 8

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Manga spoilers:

Lol, no bankai, no powerup. Just using 2 hands now^^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Manga spoilers:

Lol, no bankai, no powerup. Just using 2 hands now^^
Yeah, saw that and was kinda umm...disappointed? If he wins the fight like this I'm calling major anti-climax.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bah I thought it was awesome, a guy with such a loose crazy impulsive style having to straighten up and use a proper sword art. I'm glad he didn't release his sword or anything- it's totally not in his character.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Basically he's got the power of a demon. I don't see why him using BOTH his hands would be inappropriate. He frickin' sealed his own power so he'd have some competition. >_>

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's just lame: "hahaha I can't beat you so I'll just hold my sword with both hands! FEAR ME!"

Logically, and it's probably not a good idea to use logic in a fantasy-based world, but logically, holding his sword in two hands, while would make his swing stronger, wouldn't supersize his strength that much more.

I predict he'll win by matching swings against Nnoitra and pushing them back/cutting his arms or some sort of combination of those plus others. Despite the fact Nnoitra has him overpowered.

I still however give props for originality, I don't think anybody saw this turn of events.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I guess in a way you could equate it to how he wears an eye patch. While the eye patch's purpose is to control is power, it also gives him a slight disadvantage against an opponent. But when it's removed, his power skyrockets and no longer has a disadvantage for only using one of his eyes. So, in regards to the sword, it could be possible that wielding it with one hand is like wearing the eye patch. It could also be possible that wielding the sword with both hands is like removing the eye patch.

Then again, I'm probably reading too much into it. But damn, I don't think anyone was expecting that.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I guess in a way you could equate it to how he wears an eye patch. While the eye patch's purpose is to control is power, it also gives him a slight disadvantage against an opponent. But when it's removed, his power skyrockets and no longer has a disadvantage for only using one of his eyes. So, in regards to the sword, it could be possible that wielding it with one hand is like wearing the eye patch. It could also be possible that wielding the sword with both hands is like removing the eye patch.

Then again, I'm probably reading too much into it. But damn, I don't think anyone was expecting that.
But with the eye patch on, it gives him a slight chance to increase power while not at his full potential. So, I would say that he is increasing his power even more while wearing the eye patch if that makes any sense.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Well he said that the "old man" pushed him to learning Kendo, and he didn't really like the idea of there being an "art of the sword" so he never used it. Now after he's realised he'll die if he doesn't pull something out, he's gone back to what he learnt ages ago and decided to use two hands to increase the strength of his sword.

So in a way I think you're right that he uses one hand to make him "weaker" but I think also he just doesn't like using Kendo and so refrains, which might explain why he didn't use it against Ichigo since he didn't consider Ichigo an opponent who could kill him.

Anyway I stand by the fact that if he wins just by using two-hands it's going to be anti-climactic.

Best answers
All I have to say about the 2h "power-up" is that it makes sense and KT did a good job at avoiding the normal "power-up" stereotype.

Put it this way, a simple change in form can greatly increase aspects of your fighting. For Ken it's not necessarily a "power-up" but rather a "skill-up". I'd say putting what you have to good use is always > than brute power.

Ichigo vs Kenpachi = reiatsu battle

Noi vs Kenpachi = speed/strength battle

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Does anyone else feel that the amount of repeating the last episode gets bigger?
In the last 2 episode about 4-5 minutes each were spent on repeating parts of the last episode.
I know that it's done in order to have less manga per episode, but there are other ways to drag the episode longer.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Byakuya Vs Ulquorria?

What do you think?

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Considering that Byakuya couldn't defeat Ichigo's just achieved bankai, and certainly not his Vaizard form, I hardly think he would last against Ulquiorra.

They are repeating alot because bleach is getting close to catching the manga again. Prepare for horrible filler!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Considering that Byakuya couldn't defeat Ichigo's just achieved bankai, and certainly not his Vaizard form, I hardly think he would last against Ulquiorra.

They are repeating alot because bleach is getting close to catching the manga again. Prepare for horrible filler!

I hope the fillers start after Ichigo's next fight. At least, the fillers won't be about
Peshe and Dodonchakka(?), since they can't happen in HM. I bet it will be some SS or Don Kanonji stuff.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah I'm seriously dreading the upcoming filler which is mostly the reason why I started reading the manga. I think it'd have to be SS stuff since most every other character is tied up. They could only do so much on Don Kanonji since the guy has very little material to work with (God I hope so).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The first half of that arc was pretty bad, it did however build up to something semi-decent. As long as it's nothing like Naruto filler, I'm sure we can all agree nothing is worse than Naruto filler...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If it's one filler arc that lasts some 20 eps it won't be too bad. But 20 eps with some random episodes in it would suck.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Damn, that fight was short. Well, that's another Espada down. I wonder who the next one is going to be. It did mention at the end of the chapter:

Next issue. A new threat appears before Ichigo and the others!! Who could it be...?!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm still skeptical about that girl espada who had like a crew of 3 or 4 other hollow and was watching Grimm and Ichigo fight. I think it might be her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom