Blade Sympony - Inspired by the Jedi Knight series.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://www.moddb.com/mods/bladesymphony

Blade Symphony is a game built on the Source Engine featuring fierce duels in an alternate universe. Play as the cyber-ninja Hokuten Assassins, the fabled Black Rose knights, or as the shinobi and ronin Vagrants.

Source Engine based, but looks good so far. I've been watching it for a few years, had a few name changes...same devs who made Dystopia.

Gameplay trailer(Work in Progress)

Tried to post screenshots, but they turned out super-huge, thought the forum had a auto-resizer, didn't work for these. To lazy to upload to different source & fix, but check out the video.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It kinda reminds me of a mix of Dynasty Warriors and Ijji's Gunz.

I love how it looks so far. I can't wait til it comes out.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't like the sliding that happens, I hope it can be fixed personally, I am spoiled by games lately having ankles, and joints animated, which most games tend to forget these days, especially mods.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The sliding I can deal with cause it could be some sort of magic going on. I can't remember what character it was from a game but his sword style where he looks as if he was sliding on the ground but he was levitating like 1 cm above the ground.

I do think this could become a big mod in the gaming world with its Fast Paced Swordsman feel to it. Hoping to see a character similar to the Jedi Ninja style that the Apprentice uses. ( I don't know what to call it. )

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Starkiller uses a form of Shien, mostly.

I love Star Wars.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There should be a Star Wars game resembling Jedi Academy on Source.

Last edited:
I WANT A PICTURE NAME
Banned
Best answers
Imagine this mod with Bleach models. LOL

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Imagine this mod with Bleach models. LOL
I'd rather see this with Berserk models... :p

Anyway if i ever get around buying Half Life 2 (can't find it in stores, and currently don't have a credit card) i'll definitely give this a whirl(when it gets released)

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As much as i like the Jedi Academy controls, i prefer Mount & Blades more. Using arrow keys changes your position when you attack. With the mouse, you can control your movement along with your weapon.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In Academy you direct with arrow keys, in M&B you do it with the mouse. How is that same?

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eh...? It's exactly the same...you could make it like that in Jedi Academy also if you wanted, and you could make M&B like Jedi Academy if you wanted, all you would have to do is go into Controls. Combat is the same.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eh...? It's exactly the same...you could make it like that in Jedi Academy also if you wanted, and you could make M&B like Jedi Academy if you wanted, all you would have to do is go into Controls. Combat is the same.
The basic combat system is the same, i agree, but implenting them is different.

You mean to say i can make it in JA that if i click and move my mouse left, the saber would go left too? If that is indeed what you mean, you have to show me how.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Remap controls, possibly third party, make your mouse emulate a joystick...quite simple, really. I think it'd detract, though.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Remap controls, possibly third party, make your mouse emulate a joystick...quite simple, really. I think it'd detract, though.
Hah, why would i got through all that when the game isn't even meant to be played like that.

You basically tweak it the way you want, its not initially there, thus basically what i meant.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Nothing would beat the lightness of the gameplay that Jedi academy brought. you could swing swing JUMP still swing swing, LAND swing swing, almost nothing would stop your chain.(and after all, lightsabers arent heavy). This is why I find it the greatest third person sword game ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom