"Black Suit" Spiderman?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Now is it just me, or does it bother you when people refer to the symbiote spiderman in the new movie as "black suit"?

I never read the Spiderman comics, but I know enough to call it by it's real name o_O. It could be to prevent spoilers though. I'm not one for purists, but the sound of saying "black suit spiderman" sounds so...off key.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, it isn't like everyone in the city (in the marvel universe) knows the suit's origin. To most, it's just a black suit Spiderman wore for a bit, and then stopped wearing.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Still even ignorant non-comic book nerds should be told about the symbiote. I agree it shouldn't be called the black suit.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Doc Conners will in all probability call it a symbiote in the movie, but he's a scientist so that's to be expected. Average Joes aren't going to say, "Wow, that black suit sure looks like it has a symbiotic relationship with Spiderman. You know, I bet it's an alien organism." Some dude walking down the street is just going to say, "Oh ****, Spiderman's wearing a black suit. Nice threads, Spidey!"

Best answers
Lol sounds kind of funny i reackon spidey looks mad when hes gone symboitic but yeah. I can't wait to see the movie though.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Venom is just a black suit after all.........

o_O

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Since this thread is about Spidey 3, apparently Venom is going to undergo transformations as the movie progresses. He'll start off as looking like a copy of Spiderman, but by the end, he's going to be fully CG, and look like the Venom we all know and love (dagger teeth and tongue ftw).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i don't think so, if i remember rightly, the explaination for venoms "look", was that this particular symbiote loved to feel and feed on the emotions of its host. it had tried bonding perminently with spiderman, who almost killed himself trying to get rid. the symbiote hates spiderman for this rejection, and if you paired that with Eddie Brocks dispair, at the loss of his world, along with his hatred for spiderman (being who he believes responsible); the moment they joined venom was formed in the look we all know, there was no gradual process, as both brock and the symbiote already felt the same way.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Onslaught said:
i don't think so, if i remember rightly, the explaination for venoms "look", was that this particular symbiote loved to feel and feed on the emotions of its host. it had tried bonding perminently with spiderman, who almost killed himself trying to get rid. the symbiote hates spiderman for this rejection, and if you paired that with Eddie Brocks dispair, at the loss of his world, along with his hatred for spiderman (being who he believes responsible); the moment they joined venom was formed in the look we all know, there was no gradual process, as both brock and the symbiote already felt the same way.
I wasn't speculating o_O. It's already been confirmed. The symbiote reacts to Brock's personality, rage and hatred and evolves as a result of his negative emotions.

Obviously, the comic was somewhat different (once brock starting looking brolic, the symbiote made him appear even larger, but he looked "Venom-ish" from the get-go). But yeah. In the movie, Venom undergoes several transformations.

Best answers
Xerimethius said:
Average Joes aren't going to say, "Wow, that black suit sure looks like it has a symbiotic relationship with Spiderman. You know, I bet it's an alien organism."
Am I the only one that misses the good old days in comics where your average passer-by would give detailed "scientific" exposition on a character's powers?

"His sub-atomic structure is unstable!"

"He's magnetised his body using his electric powers!, just like an electro magnet!"

"he's being torn apart by quantum forces and neutron lasers, also a black hole"

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All of their scientific explanations were so very, very wrong.

Which is what makes older comics hilarious now.

Best answers
Didn't the comics (or at least the cartoon) call the Spidey/Symbiote "Black Suit Spiderman" maybe I'm wrong but I always refer to that part of the story the black suit spiderman saga.

How long is this movie? To have 3 villains in one movie seems to be a lot.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm hoping it doesn't turn into X-Men 3. That movie had way too much in it, and not enough time to cover the vast majority of it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I cried when I saw X3... then grinned when I saw Beast snap someone's neck. Then I cried again.

With the confirmation of more Spidey movies, they had better pull off a good Venom.... so they can make an even better Carnage later. I don't want to watch even one movie where my favourite comic character is being personality-raped. :(

Best answers
You know why I hated it when they put Spider3 on release? Coz I anticipated what happened today.

My friend, who has no idea about marvel comics/the toons comes up to me (who has read most of the comics and watched the series) and tells me that the "Black Suit" Pwns all.... He tells me that I might not know this but that the Suit was a mutated part of Spiderman who turns evil in the movie.......

ROTFLMAO.....

No, really.... He says Spiderman splits up from himself and Spiderman Red fights Spiderman "Black".....
**** THIS.

And really, in my opinion... the Symbiote suit in the movie just sucks. Its just a black version of his red suit, unlike what it used to be in the comics: A masterpeice.

ROCKS.

Is just an excuse.....

EDIT: I hope they dont make a movie with Carnage in it..... Heavens I dont wanna see a DarkREd version of the Spidey suit.....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Carnage was so completely different from Spidey -.-

And you're drawing a comparison between Venom and Symbiote Spidey there... here, this is Symbiote Spider man from the comic and the film;

And..

Comic for the win, if you ask me.

Best answers
Xerimethius said:
I wasn't speculating o_O. It's already been confirmed. The symbiote reacts to Brock's personality, rage and hatred and evolves as a result of his negative emotions.

Obviously, the comic was somewhat different (once brock starting looking brolic, the symbiote made him appear even larger, but he looked "Venom-ish" from the get-go). But yeah. In the movie, Venom undergoes several transformations.

nope at the end of the movie eddi and the symbiont get splitt cuz of....you see it when the movies out :p ^^ and then you see the big symbiont with teeths and his fangs and spidey gonna throw a ......... and eddi jumps into the........ and ......... the two....... and harry ........ EnD LOL

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm just guessing here, but I'm quite sure Xerimethius already knows how it all went down in the comics and cartoon... I'm just hoping they don't mess it up in the movie.

Best answers
-Origin said:
And you're drawing a comparison between Venom and Symbiote Spidey there... here, this is Symbiote Spider man from the comic and the film;
lmao i didnt find a venom pic from the movie... O_O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What I mean was, you said Symbiote Spidey from the comic was awesome but you showed a pic of Venom ;)

Here's a picture of Venom from Spidey 3;

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom