Black Mesa Source

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dude, i have absolutely no words to describe the joy that is currently coursing through my system.

the graphics are nuts

gameplay looks even better than the original, which is alot to say after they released that half-life:source bull****.

god damn.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Damn, I thought this thread might actually mean they released it. There have been millions of threads about this mod here. :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I had forgotten about that mod. Trailer looks awesome.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Man. I thought this game had about as good a chance of ever making release as Duke Nukem Forever. I really, really, really hope this is a good sign and that the game does finally achieve release.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've been checking out their website tonight, apparently the project leader works for Cryptic Studios on Champions Online, so that hopefully means they know what their doing.

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I had no idea that it's still alive. It's very impressive.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Wait, did they add features? Or is it the exact same thing?

Like they added new situations or just copied the same events and the chronology like in the original Half-Life?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Their taking Half-Life and remaking it in Half-Life 2. Their not exactly copying and pasting the entire game since a lot of rooms in Half-Life 1 were empty and barren and other rooms didn't logically make sense (the water treatment plant place) so it'll be changed up a little. It should still be recognizable though.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
in all seriousness, we may have to stop this game from being released.

it could spell the end of the world if this good looking a game is released.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's by far the most incredible mod ever made. No offense to the ESF folks here. These guys have remade everything from scratch. Replicating nearly every map from the original game flawlessly, and then updating it's appearance and gameplay to both enhance it's graphics for modern day, and to capitalize on and fix some of the flaws.

They've even (as you can tell in the trailer) thrown out all the audio from the original game and have made custom sounds, dialogue and everything. And it's not all copy-paste either. They've added some things as well.

2009 seems to be a year of anticipation, with the Dragonball movie to come out in the Spring, and this mod to be released sometime in the year.

I'm thinking that when I educate my children one day in great classic video games, I'll have them play BM:S instead of the original game. I'm getting the feeling there will be little point to play the original Half Life with this mod in existence.

On another note, I really hope the BMS makers allow our local npc guru at facepunchstudios, Silverlan, to use their models to put Black Mesa Source enemies in Garry'sMod. That would rule so...SO much...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom