Black Mesa Source

Discord Member
Best answers
Hey guys....does anybody know of the mod above?
Well for those who don't know it, its a remake of HL1 in HL2 engine....with new models and everything.
I really look forward into playing this, even Valve congratulated them some time ago via the steam client, so if you guys want to take a look here, and discuss it;
http://www.blackmesasource.com/

o_o Don't know if its dead or not last update was on christmass, and i surely hope its not.
you know, i think that this mod if it gets released, could even get bought off by Valve.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's just called Black Mesa now. This seemed exciting for a while, but meh. Might still check it out when it's released, but I'm not jumping for joy over it any more.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I have to agree, I was excited about the mod quite a while ago. But months and years has passed and still no release at all. Even though they are taking their time, I'm not going to wait years for it just for a single modification which barely release stuff in my opinion :(.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I for one can't wait. Experiencing Half Life the way it deserves sounds awesome enough already, but I can't wait to see those custom NPCs! I'm sure someone will find a way to add BMS's NPCs in GMod, and then, we get to have NPC deathmatches including heavyweights like the Gargantua (which btw, still terrifies me in-game when it starts catching up to me with it's loud, shaky footsteps)!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have to agree, I was excited about the mod quite a while ago. But months and years has passed and still no release at all. Even though they are taking their time, I'm not going to wait years for it just for a single modification which barely release stuff in my opinion :(.
Yep. Oh ehm gee, I think I know how this game goes guys.

You go to work late because you were up wayyy too late last night wanking it to some random chibi manga. You meet Barney who's all like "yo, I'll buy you a beer later if you leave me alone". You get your suit, get to the hazard chamber thingy, you blow up everything because you suck at your job, aliens come out of nowhere and try to rape you, you shoot their heads off. The military shows up and tries to rape you too, so you shoot their heads off. You teleport to the alien planet, catch some crabs (lol), kill those very same crabs, then kill the mother of the crabs that you caught. You kill the baby with the huge ****ing head, then you become the G-Man's ***** and he puts you to sleep until he needs his money, then he wakes you up 2 years later to **** up the combine so he can get paid. Then you meet Alyx who you desperately wanna **** but can't tell her to because you're mute, so you're essentially a man trapped within his own boner, ever destined to follow that fine ass, but never able to have it.

Hope I didn't just spoil the entire mod (and sequel) for anybody.

Discord Member
Best answers
well yeah...its taking a bit longer i suppose but they are hardly using anything from HL2.....as in their modeling the whole thing, so it ain't a small bite.
Its not like I'm crazy over the thing but when i see some of those remakes of the maps i start remembering the nice time i had playing it.
Would love to experience it in the new engine with fancy graphics.....and it would be nice for the people who never played HL1, and now they can see the brilliant story in brilliant gfx as well

Best answers
They're still very active, just check the DevBlog.. I for one can't wait for this mod as it looks sweet.

Also, a team of random people that don't know eachother in real life are working on this. They're redoing basically everything, this includes textures, models, animations, sounds, levels.. The whole frigging lot. Sure, it's been long since the initial announcement, but I don't care. I'll still wet my pants when it gets released, so I can have a reason to get on Steam again.

Discord Member
Best answers
as i said....no hl2 rescource is being used.....and the stuff they did is awesome, the zombies, aliens everything is perfect.....and i don't mind the wait...
hell for anything good you have to wait ;)

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
uuuh hey .. we're at ESF here, we should be used to waiting by now. :p

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They're not using ANYTHINg from HL2? What about the Vortigaunts? Just give them a collar model and they're done, other than tweaking their weapon settings and disabling their use of human dialogue.

And what about Barnacles? They're not going to try and remodel them to look like the stubby red things in Half Life are they?

And I shouldn't have to ask about headcrabs...why mess with something already perfect?

Regardless, I can't wait to see how they recreate Xen with proper models, textures and displacement. And I'm itching to see their take on the Nihilanth. Maybe with proper graphics we'll have a better idea of what the thing is SUPPOSED to look like.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think Valve should be doing this. It would be done within like a week and it would pwn Half-Life: Source.

But kudos to these guys anyways I have heard of this mod and it will probably be pretty sweet.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Barney0528 said:
I think Valve should be doing this. It would be done within like a week and it would pwn Half-Life: Source.
Agreed, but it would be kind of a **** move on Valve's part if they stepped in now and were all like "okay, we've decided to do this instead. You guys can go do something else now".

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well for Valve it would probably be easier since they would use their own models most likely. It would be interesting to compare the two.

Discord Member
Best answers
ah well, the models have changed during Hl1 and HL2, for example eliah's leg, and the hazard suit itself changed.
most of the environment changed, and if u look at black mesa they are modeling everything according to HL1

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom