Black and White 2

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I suggest everyone go out and buy/torrent black and white 2. They finally made it correct. Everything from a smarter creature to being able to build armies are in. You hated the first Black and White then do not be disappointed because this one is like 1000% better then the other. Anyone else feel the same way?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Theres a thread on this already. I liked the first one more. This just looks prettier.

Best answers
Wasn't impressed. This game was built for "Non-gamers" and it was said in the interview if your a hardcore gamer you wouldn't like it.

So...... they ended up being right.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I loved the original Black and White. It was it's own genre, really..

B&W2 was like a mixture of B&W and "the generic RTS." They added a lot of interesting things, and made city building much more fun/easy to do. But they removed a lot of the magical charm the creature had by letting you see it's thoughts, and by so limiting it's growth. Plus, the enemy AI in the game really isn't that good.

Like every other of Molyneux's games, they have the makings of greatness--but due to one reason or another, rushing, pressure, perhaps laziness, the games get released when they're less than they could be.

B&W 2 is worth playing.. but it's also really short, and has no multiplayer (yet), and as such.. despite loving B&W and having a blast in 2.. I can't recommend anyone buy it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SailorAlea said:
I loved the original Black and White. It was it's own genre, really..

B&W2 was like a mixture of B&W and "the generic RTS." They added a lot of interesting things, and made city building much more fun/easy to do. But they removed a lot of the magical charm the creature had by letting you see it's thoughts, and by so limiting it's growth. Plus, the enemy AI in the game really isn't that good.

Like every other of Molyneux's games, they have the makings of greatness--but due to one reason or another, rushing, pressure, perhaps laziness, the games get released when they're less than they could be.

B&W 2 is worth playing.. but it's also really short, and has no multiplayer (yet), and as such.. despite loving B&W and having a blast in 2.. I can't recommend anyone buy it.
Hence why i torrented it. But why did they say hardcore gamers wouldn't like it? Im a hardcore gamer and I liked it. I still think its better then the first one. In the first one the creature was too stupid and if he did something you liked and you tried to pet him, you'd end up rewarding him for something that you didn't want him to do.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Uhhh, torrents are warez, I suggest you keep the warez chit-chat to a minimum, minimum meaning zero.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Smarter creature my ASS! I mean come on...your creature is a total robot now...It consist out of on/off switches, you cant actually teach him anything anymore, he already knows everything you just need to punish him for doing something wrong....The only thing that is a whole lot better about BnW2 than BnW is the graphics...

Best answers
Too bad I just couldnt rent it.

Oh well, replay value comes from the throwing people off the mountains.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom