Bit Torrent..

Best answers
No, this isn't about warez, but I'm having a problem..

I'm downloading a file via Bit Torrent, everything is fine.. But at 80.8%, the download just stopped (0kb/s), yet I'm still uploading.. Oh well, might have run out of seeders, so I turn it off and try it again the next day.. Still at 80.8% and no download, only upload.. The next day (today), same story, 80.8%, no download, only upload.. So I take a look at the peer list and I notice about 20 people stranded at 80.8%, no download, just upload..

Now what the hell is going on here? Why is everybody stuck at 80.8%?

PS: It's Minerva 2 (HL2 mod).. The installer .exe wouldn't start downloading here, so had to take the BT file..

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm i would like an Answer on this too.
Cause i downloaded an file with 90 KBs till 10.8 % then it also stopped and never went up.
Would be good to know what happend.

Maybe the original Seeder left at the percent you stuck at and everyone else is waiting now.Dunno.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That just means there's only one guy with the complete file, who happened to leave when the closest person to finishing downloading was at 80.8%

That person kept uploading until everyone was at the same percentage, just as you are uploading to everyone new who start's d/ling. So until someone with a complete version of the files comes online, chances are it won't finish.

Best answers
Well I'm guessing that you are not connected to any seeders (i.e. someone with 100% complete file). Connecting peers can therefore only download what other people who do not have the complete file have. You need to be connected to at least one person with 100% complete download to complete the download yourself.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So Kimfu and me are standing on some lost spots now.
*cries*

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Best answers
It's happened to me before...when there arn't any seeders the peers will just upload the file to eachother till they're all have the avible parts of the file. So since peers don't have the complete file, there is no chance for you to get 10 100% with 0 seeders.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Barney's Soul said:
It's happened to me before...when there arn't any seeders the peers will just upload the file to eachother till they're all have the avible parts of the file. So since peers don't have the complete file, there is no chance for you to get 10 100% with 0 seeders.
Dude, like 4 people already said that...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom