bioshock sucks my balls (my review, kinda)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you dont have to reply, im just ranting.

i got this game 3 days ago, the day after christmas. ****in, ive had so many problems with just installing this game (and i knew it'd be trouble when it said dvd rom) that i consider it a pathetic and completely worthless game.

and i havent even gotten the chance to play it.

im so ****in fed up with trying to get this too run that it does not matter if its the most revolutionary piece of work ever to be created on earth.

my graphics card, that i only got a year and a half ago, is too ****ty to run it apparently.

it was a hastle just to figure out the cd keys cause i couldnt figure out if they were o's or zero's. half the ****ing key was blurred out. i did manage too get it on though.

STILL, the game crashes right after the titles. on, what im guessing, is the main screen. i wouldnt know though, i havent seen it yet.

so, yes, **** you microsoft and **** bioshock. without playing it, my review is that its complete and utter ****. i rate it a well deserved -99999999999999999X10'2/10.

i dont care how much fun you had with it, or how awesome shooting giant metal things with electric bolts is, or how great it is to viciously slaughter little girls (which i would assume very satisfying). its the worst game i have ever paid an overpriced 50 bucks for.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How do you not check the recommended system specs before buying a game?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i actually did not know my system specs, but my step-dad (a pro-computer nerd) did. he said it'd run fine, and when he says anything about the computer, hes usually right.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
An odd moment indeed, but Vox is right...Why would you buy the game if the box says your PC can't handle it? True the performance of any two versions of same-megabyte-size graphics cards differ surprisingly, but most system requirement info on boxes tells you what specific card, down to the number, is the bare minimum.

CPU: Pentium 4 2.4GHz Single Core processor
System RAM: 1GB
Video Card: Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 128MB RAM (NVIDIA 6600 or better/ATI X1300 or better, excluding ATI X1550).
Sound Card: 100% direct X 9.0c compatible sound card
Hard disc space: 8GB free space
Recommended System Requirements:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo processor
System RAM: 2GB
Video card: DX9: Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 512MB RAM (NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GT or better) DX10: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 or better.
Sound Card: Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ series (Optimized for use with Creative Labs EAX ADVANCED HD 4.0 or EAX ADVANCED HD 5.0 compatible sound cards)
Important Note: Game requires Internet connection for activation.
These are the specs. My computer JUST qualifies for the reccomended specs, which blows me away since I've never yet seen a game which reccomends a 512 card, but 128 megabyte minimum, and you bought yours last year? I don't see why it wouldn't run properly...Stupid question, but did you try updating your drivers? I dunno, it seems like unless you got your card from a garage sale that something you purchased only a year ago should comply with this game at least on a minimal level.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
An odd moment indeed, but Vox is right...Why would you buy the game if the box says your PC can't handle it? True the performance of any two versions of same-megabyte-size graphics cards differ surprisingly, but most system requirement info on boxes tells you what specific card, down to the number, is the bare minimum.
well, not only because my step-dad said it would run, but i havent had ANY problems with any other games. the only thing kicking my ass in this is this new 3.0 shader they have that i just found out about. my video card doesnt support it apparently.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah the shader thing, my 3yr old gfx card doesn't support it either, but its defaulted to off, maybe something else is wrong because my whole pc is 3yrs old and I've had no problems with the game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You could always get the 360 version.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bioshock is kinda notorious for causing problems. Update your drivers, make sure it's not trying to run in DX10 mode, and turn details down. Even in DX9.0c mode it doesn't like my 256 mb Geforce 8600 GT. My guess is that it's mostly pretty, with decent gameplay and unoptimized like you wouldn't believe.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is why I prefer playing on consoles, and part of why I bought a 360. I do enjoy PC gaming, but only those titles I can't get on consoles, like Supreme Commander. ;o Although I hear that's being ported to the 360 as well.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is why I prefer playing on consoles, and part of why I bought a 360. I do enjoy PC gaming, but only those titles I can't get on consoles, like Supreme Commander. ;o Although I hear that's being ported to the 360 as well.
Plus, on the console the game might actually be hard. That's only thanks to the controls though.

It was a fun game, regardless of the fact that I wasn't motivated to even finish the damn thing. Whatever bull**** copy protection they put on the game might be what's causing all your trouble. I bet pirates didn't have to put up with that ****.

Don't hate the game because it won't run though. When I was a kid, I saved up and bought Master of Orion 2 for the Mac we had. I tried a million things, but I could not make that game run. For years I hated the game because I couldn't make it work. It looked so awesome, but I couldn't play it. Then, years later when I had a PC, I pirated the Windows copy (I did own the game, after all), and installed and played it. Turns out that it really was as ****ing awesome as I had thought it would be so many years earlier. Anyway, the moral of the story is that you should stop trying to make BioShock work, and you should just download Master of Orion 2, because it's so much ****ing better.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The controls on console are fine. Never had any problem with it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My mouse pwns any analog stick out there.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well yeah, but that doesn't mean the console version is bad. It's all a matter of preference really, I don't mind (prefer, actually) to play on console because it is as simple as putting the disc in and playing. Sure, graphics might be worse than on some pc's but I hardly notice it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom