BIOS

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was looking through the stickies, and I saw the sticky that explained how to up your computers performance. It mentioned you should keep your BIOS drivers up-to-date, but the problem is that I don't know what model my motherboard is, all I know is it is an Asus motherboard. So my first question is how do you find out the model of your motherboard? My second question, is it hard to upgrade your BIOS drivers?

I know you can seriously mess up your computer if you make even the slightest mistake, so I'm debating if I should upgrade my BIOS drivers.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
MC said:
I know you can seriously mess up your computer if you make even the slightest mistake, so I'm debating if I should upgrade my BIOS drivers.
You can also reset your BIOS to the factory default in about 5 seconds by moving a jumper on your motherboard

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kurt` said:
You can also reset your BIOS to the factory default in about 5 seconds by moving a jumper on your motherboard
Or buy taking out the bios battery and putting it back in/replacing it (if it is ****ed). BIOS updates usually address problems with the mianboard itself, known issues that the manafacturer fix. some utilities allow you to flash the bios via windows while others will require you to put the bios update on a floppy and boot off it.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Want a good tip? Do not upgrade your bios if your computer is working fine. If you screw up the Bios, you won't be happy about it.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you do decide to upgrade the BIOS, make sure you make a rescue disk to go back to the old version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom