Biggest "Online" Petpeeve?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Probably my biggest pet peeve is people who can't take a second to use proper grammer or english. I understand if english isn't your first language but if you were born and raised in this country, then you better know how to type it. Little abbreviations are fine like omg or lol. But to replace the entire word "you" wth the letter "u"..... THAT DOESN"T WORK! This was a message I got on myspace ( yes, I know. I lost my soul) Be for warned that this person is really incompetent.

hay u be smokein bud or what hood it up im going to brookdail tomarow

Frankly, I have no clue what this person is saying. Apparently there is a hood up tomorrow that is smoking rose buds or something like that. I went to my local library to see if I could find any ancient scriptures or documents that might help me uncode this mystery. I found a couple of books tittle: "Ancient Languages of the Idiots" and "How to Lose All Self-Respect in 10 Easy to Misunderstand Steps". It tooks weeks for me to understand what this guy was trying to say but I finally uncoded his ancient language and what he was saying was:

Hello good sir! I have a question to ask you. Is that marijuana that you are smoking in the picture or is that something completely different? I was wondering if you would let me smoke some of that marijuana when I traveled up to Brookdale.

I don't know how he mistook a clove cig for a joint, but frankly this guy is an idiot.

Biggest Pet peeve: Idiots like this guy who don't take the time or effort to learn how to type correctly.

Best answers
lmao, yeah...

Nobody has perfect grammar, [well most people dont anyhow]

I can understand some small stuff, I get lazy sometimes too.. But Punctuation, is very important ... It doesnt even have to be correct ... just use periods, and commas where a pause should be. So its possible to comprehend what is being said.

Lol, Also .. I know this is really minor, but it bugs the crap outta me when people don't even attempt to use the correct word in the correct place... EX saying "is" instead of "are", or "a" instead of "an". lol I don't really know why that bugs me so damn much.

I think my biggest pet peeve would have to be douchebaggery. Joking is one thing, but people who post blatantly rude things in artistic forums, with no constructive comentary, really piss me off. It's enough work as it is to fix your art, its very discouraging to find things like "OMG That sucks so bad", or "You suck" rather than suggestions to improve.

Overwhelming arrogance is another thing that pisses me off. that one is self explanitory. Nobody's perfect, and nobody should think that they are perfect, or anything close to it.

We all have our moments, some more than others ;)

Being an ******* is ok, as long as the other person knows your just joking around ... [and that your are actually just joking around xD]

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They dont bother me usually, unless they really piss me off. Example:

lol y r u ='(???? i r n0t dat bad =)!!! wan hv sx????

Seriously. I'm totally not joking about that. On top of that, he knew I was a boy, and I wasn't crying.

But when people do it and they make you laugh, its a whole different story. Humpie is the best example.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
People that overuse elipses (...) also drive me to smash my forehead into load bearing structures throughout my apartment complex. Elipses are not commas, and they are not periods. An elipse can be used to represent trailing off of your point into thought, or to bring two ends of a quote closer together.

Original quote: "There are times when two parties need to get over the fact that they disagree, stop bickering, and leave their arguments where they lie."

Shortened using an elipse: "There are times when two parties need to . . . leave their arguments where they lie."

Also confusing they're with there and their. For future reference: They're is the combonation of two words, those words being "they" and "are." It is used when you are trying to tell someone, "they are over that hill!" There is used in reference to a location. "He was right over there, behind that hill." Their is possessive, meaning it is referring to ownership. "Is that challice theirs to take?"

Let's put them to use!

"There they are! Humphrey and Killjoy are trying to take back their weapons from those killer mutated imp goblins! They're never going to make it back alive if they don't apply their intellect and insight to the present situation. I don't even see how they're going to make it over there with all of those ginormouse man eating snowflake monsters littering those sand dunes."

Also, 'you're' is a combonation of "you" and "are" just like 'they're' is a combonation of 'they' and 'are,' meaning it is referring to an action. You are doing X, you're doing X. Your is possessive, like their, meaning you are referring to ownership. It is your ship, not theirs, and they're going to take it away from you if you're going to sit here and let them have it.

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Aegean/6354/grammar.html

Read up guys. You can do it, I believe in you.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't really have any pet peeves on the internet. For bad grammer, I just don't really care about it. I'm incredibely picky about proper speech, spelling, grammer, etc. In real life, and on the 'net, to a lesser extent, though that only applies to myself. If other people want to abbreviate every word down to one letter, and have horrible spelling, than that's fine be me. And regarding bad attitudes, while I just simply ignore people that have them. You don't have to listen to them, that's the beauty of the internet.

So ya, when it comes to the internet, i'm fine with anything, people can do whatever they want and I just don't care. Actually, the same thing goes in real life too. I'm just way to laid back to really care about what everyone else is doing, it's basically impossible to anger or fustrate me at all.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd have to say the elitist bunch who consider the internet their domain to drown the masses in their continously inhibited superiority.

They use some system of heirachy as their only shield of actual integrity, the entire relevance based on extent of time within a certain faction.

They'll be the last to get the joke, or even entertain it's intention, unless it's origins proceed in some shape or form of their previous involvement.

Using the buddy system is their best excuse to any solution, whether trivial or extremely potent to a continuously static incident.

They'll chain decision making, either because they've always lacked the reputation of being right, or because they enjoy converting their point of attack to how the current and/or evaluative act was carried out.

Lastly, anyone read the above statements I have posted, actually missing the entire hypocrisy it portrayed, cleverly ironical, and maybe even metaphorical to the inclinations of bureaucracy, civilization itself had no other choice but to accept as common hoopla.

I'd go on, but your brain is probably flustered from the euphoric disaster of lightweight negative electrons.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm pretty much the same with Synth, I hate the ego's, the superiority complexes, the arrogance that some people on forums and games have. I can honestly say they fill me with the deepest loathing.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Synth said:
I'd have to say the elitist bunch who consider the internet their domain to drown the masses in their continously inhibited superiority.

They use some system of heirachy as their only shield of actual integrity, the entire relevance based on extent of time within a certain faction.

They'll be the last to get the joke, or even entertain it's intention, unless it's origins proceed in some shape or form of their previous involvement.

Using the buddy system is their best excuse to any solution, whether trivial or extremely potent to a continuously static incident.

They'll chain decision making, either because they've always lacked the reputation of being right, or because they enjoy converting their point of attack to how the current and/or evaluative act was carried out.

Lastly, anyone read the above statements I have posted, actually missing the entire hypocrisy it portrayed, cleverly ironical, and maybe even metaphorical to the inclinations of bureaucracy, civilization itself had no other choice but to accept as common hoopla.

I'd go on, but your brain is probably flustered from the euphoric disaster of lightweight negative electrons.
So many big words.........brain..............hurts....................

Best answers
i hate it when people take things too seriously over the internet. For whatever reason it seems half the people on the internet think that if you disagree with them you hate their guts and are attacking them personally.

Best answers
I'd say my biggest pet peeve is when people start insulting me, but using REALLY bad insults like from a few days ago "your mother has cancer", to which I wasn't insulted more intrested into how the hell he knew and that I didn't and where the hell he'd get given common sense? because I'd love to be that stupid in life

I don't mind spelling or grammer mistakes as I just correct them to annoy people :p but the extreme in the first post would annoy me a bit

but if I may get off topic one thing that really annoys me in real life is REAL stupidity for example in a class a few weeks back we were play carades (I don't know if I spelt it right) and the teacher was doing free willy (the film with the killer whale) and for the first clue he did sounds like three then one stupid girl sitting next to me said "How does three sound like free?", "YOU JUST ANSWERED YOUR OWN BLOODY QUESTION" I shouted only to be called a div in return, morons... :p

Best answers
Kidboy! You've made a constructive, meaningful thread, that almost all the posts in I can agree with or find some truth in... I love you \o/

Your original post, Sonic Boyster's, Hash's and Synth's have pretty much all reflected what I would have to say. The internet teems with ignorant, self-righteous, idiotic, unarticulated idiots. Death to them all.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hate when people say and do stupid **** on the internet simply because they're anonymous.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KidBoy17 said:
Probably my biggest pet peeve is people who can't take a second to use proper grammer or english.
The irony...

My biggest "pet peeve" would be people who constantly complain and yet do nothing to help themselves. That would be both online and real life.

Short and sweet.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kidboy, I understand if they didn't come to this country and had to learn it, so it might not be perfect, but yeah I hate that.

Anyways, my biggest pet peeve is when people TYPE IN ALL CAPS CAUSE IT SEEMS LIKE THEY ARE CONSTANTLY SCREAMING AND ITS ANNOYING AS HELL LOL

Yeah...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I nO dAt iT Is vRy aNoYinG! i hoO pE thY f1X iT sTrt a uSng gOd grAmm crAckERS diDnt thTey dDach U D4t iN scO0L? w0w uMMm sO goOod tAt thSSsi sSSsuff D: IM WATNG FOR ESF 13.37 TO CUME OUT DATS WYH IRRRRR AT F0RMSZ ROFFL!!!!?!?!?!1111exclamation1111!1
--------
The only person who has perfect grammer and spelling is Maddox! Heil Maddox!

Anyways, I hate it when some users take the internet seriously than life, like having a period on the computer while leaving the webcamera on. D:

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Martyrs. They visit a forum, misbehave, get reprimanded then act as if the whole moderation team is out to get them. They spout off about fascism and freedom of speech and whatnot. It's all just one big pain in the ass.

Best answers
I hate E-Ganksters.

I hate people who are unfair.

I hate lag.

The rest I can ignore.

Annie

A
Pain said:
The irony...

My biggest "pet peeve" would be people who constantly complain and yet do nothing to help themselves. That would be both online and real life.

Short and sweet.
Great...single me out and shoot me right in the foot why don'tcha =(

I hate it when people take FOREVER to reply. I hate it when they take forever then answer with one or two words. I hate when all people say is "lol".

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I cannot stand, in any shape or form, the stupidity of some people online.

I also verily detest the kind of whiney emo *****es who complain about their life being a cesspool of death and despair, and keep telling everyone they want to kill themselves or hurt themselves. I often feel a tendency to tell them to get on with it, but rarely ever do out of fear of a higher authority reprimanding me. :p

I also hate, with a passion, bad spelling and grammar. It is something I myself make an effort for, to do it right, so it always annoys me to see other people, lazy people, butcher the English language. I also hate it when people complain, saying English is a difficult. Try Dutch, mother****ers, and we'll talk again once you've mastered it.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
People that try too hard.

Whether it be to gain popularity, stick out in the community, or to suck up to authority, you name it, people that try too hard piss me off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom