BIGGER PM BOX DAMMIT

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can delete them you know. After they get old you don't really need them anymore.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
20 messages is a sizeable amount when you weigh in the fact that there are numerous threads as well as IM programs to continue discussions that start in your PM inbox.

Besides, even when you are forced to delete some, you can always copy + paste the message, time received, and sender to a txt file for safe keeping.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Unless you're recieving 20 messages a day, stop complaining.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
heh, FileFront forums has a total of 1000 messages for each account.. crazy :-\

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Cucumba said:
All 10,000 users on the board with 50 PMs?

Try using an email client.
That's only 500,000 rows of data in the database (if everyone's mailbox was full), hardly a large amount. :p

And how many of those 10,000 users are actually active :p

That'd be a negligible amount of disk usage as well.

(not being sarcastic)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wouldn't mind some more space as i'm a lazy poop when it coems to pms. Plus, what if you had 19pms in one box at a time, and two people tried sending you pms, only one of tthere messages would get through :(.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have less than 5 PM's in my box at all times, and I'm pretty sure I get and send more on a daily basis than most of you. So quit complaining :p.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kurt said:
That's only 500,000 rows of data in the database (if everyone's mailbox was full), hardly a large amount. :p

And how many of those 10,000 users are actually active :p

That'd be a negligible amount of disk usage as well.

(not being sarcastic)
I still have to clear that with the server's owner. I cannot arbitrarily raise the limits because people are too lazy to export their messages. Still I will ask, though that request is likely to be ignored, if not denied.

Not to mention the fact that the users would want 100 after they were too lazy to delete their 50.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Saiyan_Overlord said:
Plus, what if you had 19pms in one box at a time, and two people tried sending you pms, only one of tthere messages would get through :(.
What would happen if you had 49 pms and two people tried sending you pm's? You'd be a tard because you should have deleted your pm's long ago.

It's not that hard, get a pm, read it, respond, delete.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How about a compromise... The more posts you have, the bigger the limit of your PM box is?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sub said:
How about a compromise... The more posts you have, the bigger the limit of your PM box is?
How about the admins decide to give people a bigger PM box depending on there reputation and folowing forum rules ^^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Or how about you just delete your old PM's and thus there will be no cause for concern.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
20 is a reasonable amount of storage for the pm boxes on these forums, when you take a look at how the server has had it's ups and downs, it' why we have to wait 2mins before posting again. I wish i'd have a bigger *thing*, but that's another story ;).

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sub said:
Let me get this straight; the more you've strained the forum in the past, the more PMs we give you to clog up the disk space? How about no?

And Overlord, the Forum makes you wait 2 minutes before posting again because people use that to destabilize the database and crash the site. I probably could reduce that to one minute, but then it should take you two minutes to write a well thought out post based on a thread you read and spell and grammar check the entire post.

Then again, based on the literary skills of the majority here, I see that I may just be wasting time [/sarcasm]

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cucumba said:
Let me get this straight; the more you've strained the forum in the past, the more PMs we give you to clog up the disk space? How about no?

And Overlord, the Forum makes you wait 2 minutes before posting again because people use that to destabilize the database and crash the site. I probably could reduce that to one minute, but then it should take you two minutes to write a well thought out post based on a thread you read and spell and grammar check the entire post.

Then again, based on the literary skills of the majority here, I see that I may just be wasting time [/sarcasm]
My thought process was the more active you are in the community (the more posts), the more disk space you get. It encourages people to be active and would only give more disk space to a select few.

I personally have no problem with deleting PMs though, I was just trying to come up with a compromise...

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
EncorE_SX said:
Max 20 messages suxx. Put it atleast to 50.
uhh. Ever heard of the Delete Message button?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cucumba said:
That's what I was getting at in my last post :).

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sub said:
My thought process was the more active you are in the community (the more posts), the more disk space you get. It encourages people to be active and would only give more disk space to a select few.

I personally have no problem with deleting PMs though, I was just trying to come up with a compromise...
So let me get this. The more you spam the more you get payed >.>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom