Bigger Maps

Should they include bigger maps in future ESF releases?

• Yeah, they should!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, i think it's fine the way it is now..

• Couldn't care less..

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Best answers
I think they should make the maps in ESF bigger.
A lot of the maps are actually quite small, and easily get crowded.
In BFP for example, you had really huge maps.. I don't want to b*tch or something, but i think the 1 thing ESF is really lacking and of wich i have heard no plans for future releases is the map size.. :(

And perhaps more important, make it so that beams and blast DO NOT EXPLODE when they hit the edge of the map where it is sky..
It is really annoying to dodge a kamehame and have it explode in your back because the edge of the level happened to be there.. :S

Best answers
About this border-thing I agree.
But I think the maps are big enough - at least some are (and there have to be smaller ones as well, so it's ok.)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The maps in some form already appear 4x bigger than Half-Life's max size. Its a trick done with the camera.

Best answers
nuffin wrong wit da maps man, take for example the namek map its huge and great, and fun to play in.

Best answers
Yeah map sizes seem ok for about 8 players and yeah there has to be some smaller ones for less players. Some maps are really big too.

We discussed the beams exploding on the side of the maps. It can be made so they would fly past where players are allowed, but still must explode on another wall past that.

It is really a mapping issue, not ESF issue.

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maps like esf_island and esf_guru are huge!

i'm not sure how much larger you want them.

Best answers
most maps r pretty big. i think the smallest 1 is esf_namek, but that 1 is still big enough to be a great map. and yeah, maps like island, guru, and riverbed r huge

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if they didnt change the camera angle the models wouldnt be shown. :/ So thus its a trick with the camera also.

Best answers
OT: Changing your FOV gives you a bit more to see at hte back of your player too, but it makes things in front of you harder to see so I stick with FOV 90 in ESF. I usually use FOV 120 in quake2 and 3.

Best answers
nope, making the maps bigger would definitely help those whose enemies just shoot and shoot and shoot they're most powerful blast again and again and again. It would also help my Major ki blasts suggestion.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah the first tiem I played ESF beta, 3 things came to mind.
1. BOY THESE MODELS ARE SMALL
2. Holy **** this map is big
3. Is my unit haveing porblems walking across the map?

cause I saw the folor and normally it moved faster below your feel in most of teh h-l engine. Thats how I realized that the maps were jsut normal size.

Best answers
normally the floor moves slower below your feet! and the models look normal-sized...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom