Bigger maps for 1.3

Best answers
Since 1.3 is coming i would suggest bigger maps. Otherwise the full forms ( ssj3, frieza final form etc.)would use 10 seconds max to get to each corner of the map.

Hopefully you guy's agree.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nope.

The speed I believe is being toned to make the higher transformations about the same speed as the fastest you can go now.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i remember masta sayin krillins transformed speed is goku's ssj3 speed

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think they lowered the speed in 1.2 because of the transformations.
I heard that somewhere in the forums. It was because there is a max speed for a player in the hl engine. So they had to lower it for more transformations to be faster.
Btw i agree. Bigger maps :yes:

Best answers
i agree too, bigger maps is more fun right?
maybe i'll map even more and better then that space_infinite pack i made ( look at esf-world ) i just made an infinite map ( teleports on sides and top and bottom but didn't do my best so it sux but you can have it -_- )

Best answers
Yes bigger maps. But it would be cool if you can fly higher too. Not like now there is a height limit where after you fly to the highest point, you can't see anything.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The speed I believe is being toned to make the higher transformations about the same speed as the fastest you can go now.
So the speeds being dropped for normal forms again? v1.1 was good, v1.2 was toned down, v1.3 is going to be so slow if they drop it again.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The maps can't be made any bigger. It would have to be hardcoded.

Best answers
they cant be made bigger? that's a shame :(
It would be really cool..like swooping 30 seconds to an specific ground area..
or flying (swoop) 10 seconds before entering new lands :)

Would be like real dbz.. instead of 4 seconds till you meet your killer again..

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont think half life can even handle the...the biggest map i have ever seen is Wu_bigarena or sumthing...but if u really want big maps for wars..then i suggest u go play battlefield or joint operations, esf is a fastpaced game anyway, so it would be mcuh fun if u have to fly 30 secs before u can kill someone agian..

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sicron said:
i dont think half life can even handle the...the biggest map i have ever seen is Wu_bigarena or sumthing...but if u really want big maps for wars..then i suggest u go play battlefield or joint operations, esf is a fastpaced game anyway, so it would be mcuh fun if u have to fly 30 secs before u can kill someone agian..
every map is allready using the max size. some maps may seem bigger due to wide open spaces. But they're not.

Best answers
It isnt like you have to fly 30 seconds to kill someone.. unless it's 1 on 1
Anyway..it's a shame if the maps cant be made bigger (if it's true)..

Best answers
maybe the maps can't be bigger, i know, but the models can be smaller i think... if so it'll be great and the maps will be as big as it is now but models will be smaller, that's a great idea but i don't think esf-team will do it...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well make the models smaller then make all the entities and models on the map smaller...that could actually work but i expect it would take a lot of time to do...

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There is a limit to how small mappers can make things. Its small enough as it is.

Best answers
The scary thing is... when people's power level is over 50 million, and they shoot a kamehame... there's no where to run...

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DaRkOwNs said:
well make the models smaller then make all the entities and models on the map smaller...that could actually work but i expect it would take a lot of time to do...
They already do.

The maps are at their maximum size, and slower characters help to emphasize the feeling of being in a large enviornment. Also, yes, you can expect to have your old speeds back again at later transformations.

So no, bigger maps are impossible, models and entities are already scaled down, can't scale them down anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom