BIG SUGGESTION PLZ READ

Best answers
hey all,

i wuz wandering if the esf team could alter the game a little:
you see its kinda weird that u can stay ssj all the time when u transform and your energy is not going down, its like transformation dont take away any energy while being transformed, whereas in the DBZ series and/or movies, games you cant stay for long in an advanced state of a fighter because this drains your energy fast. Maybe it would be possible to do this with esf? Think about it, it could partly solve the problem players get when they log into a servers where other players already have like 10mil in advanced state and playing with no time limit, the player who joins this has practically very little chances to have fun playing with em. but if the other players could transform for a short period of time, they would not use their high PL all the time and this would give a good chance for the new palyers to catch up. I mean this needs quite a lot of work to do, cuz it will kinda suck if u transform, fight until your energy runs out, quickly descend, power up and then transform again. maybe it needs an another energy type status bar?

this is a nice idea so plz think it through before throwing it away

mike

Best answers
This should go in suggerstions thread so a mod should move this soon, and this has been suggested, instead of that u gain ur ki slower wen in ssj.

Sound Artist
Best answers
There is a SSJ Ki Burn and an option for servers to keep the PL on average so the PL difference wont be huge.

Best answers
yea, but it still would be much more cool if you could only be a sayan for a short period of time abd someone like krillin who is really weaker could stay in his advanced forever that would also even the characters more nicely.

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
goku, gohan, and all the other super sayians can stay in their super state for as long as they like basically. so a huge ki burn would be kinda pointless for ssj. im sure tho for ssj2/3 the ki burn will be a little bit more. thats what i think at least.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nobody around here seems to remember the show, and yet they still use the show to make their points all the time.

None of the saiyan characters could hold their transformations for as long as they wanted when they first transformed. It took Goku, what, four years to perfect it? Those years he was away training in space after frieza and then training in the realm of time and spirit before Cell. After he mastered Super Saiyan he still had to start over again once he hit Super Saiyan 3, which he still hadn't mastered by the end of the show. A ki drain for SSj transformations makes perfect sense, but that doesn't change the fact that it has been suggested a million times before.

If you can come up with some way that this suggestion is different than all of the others I'll keep it open.

Best answers
thats nmy point dude, no one seems to mind the series. im sorry im new to the forums so i havent read other suggestions like these, bur here's another one: maybe it would be nice if the first time you become sayian you get a huge ki burn and u cant stay in it for long, but the more times you use it the less energy it starts to burn (it can also depend on the PL). this would be quite a good thing to add cuz the game would look more and more like the show(which esf is based on).
if this isnt something new please tell

mike

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well i like the pl idea how about if you had it made like the trans time and at perfect you dont burn ki (or something like that)

Best answers
prolly good ideas to follow the DBZ series more. But it seems to me a lot of things arent following the series. For example is it just me or when charging up KI it looks nothing like it does in the series (the aura)

-ReFLeX-

Best answers
thnx for the appreciation of the ideas, i would really love to see those ideas moved to the game os that everyone could enjoy them thus bringing the game more and more closer to the real thing (the series).
about the ki changing aura, yeah it doesnt look the way it does in the series but u can download some other auras so it will look a little more like dbz.

if someone could pass these ideas to the creators of esf, i would be really grateful.

mike

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
about the aura they dont charge ki in the show they only gather strengh

Best answers
the aura does cost strenght and you got all sort of differen aura..

like a "calm aura" thats when a player dosn't do anything and is totaly calm and it doesn't drain much KI

Normal Aura (like the use in DBZ games) just a aura wich is for fast flying and atacking

Atack Aura, a aura wich the use when the atack

http://members.lycos.nl/killahmen/photoalbum22.html

thats a site with all aura's (and more stuff)

but its dutch..

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There aren't... I... what? It's all the same aura... it just changes color and intensity based on how much energy they are putting out. When they've gathered so much chakra that they can't hold it all inside of their body at one time it flows out of and around them creating a visible aura that grows as more and more chakra is gathered and focused. You can name them all different things but they're all the same aura.

This is off topic anyway, let's stop this train of thought before it picks up speed.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SSJ does have a minimal amount of burn, I beleive you don't gain any Ki while being idle. It may not seem like a big burn, but it takes it's toll. Allthough I think it would be rather neat if the first time you transformed there'd be a large burn and as you keep transforming it gets smaller, but I don't think it would do well for the gameplay. When you get the PL to transform, it's kind of like a reward, and It would suck to only be able to be in that state for a short period. Also you guys use the show as your evidence, but you're not correct. Goku always stayed in his ssj form unless he was knocked out, or weakened by that pesky heart virus. There were times where he used massive amounts of energy and after that he descended. It's not like he was struggling to stay in the form at all times, even when Idle. It just consumed more energy to perform attacks. The way the team has it is good, but I'm sure with a bit of tweaking this Idea would serve ESF well. I'd just rather leave it in the teams hands.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i like as it is to but u cant say that goku can stay in ssj forever when they were training in rosat goku said the amout of power the ssj form takes is to big to beat cell
and the old kajoshin said that if goku and vegeta vould fuse as ssj there would be a too strong energi drain to live after a fiew days fused

to keap ther strengh they had to train (like runing the more you do it the longer you can sprint but only if you train hard)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, you're proving my point, in ESF if you start swooping firing beams and teleporting, you'll run out of ki quickly and descend. HAve you ever done that without powering up? You can't do all of that for a very long time. If goku were to just stand around, he could probably maintain his form for a long time. Granted in ESF you can hold the form forever if you don't do anything, but is there even really a point to making the drain a little larger so that if you sit there for 30 minutes you'll descend? You won't really tell the difference in a fight. Everything in ESF doesn't have to be 100% accurate to the show, if it were, then the game would be unbalanced and the gameplay would go to crap.

Best answers
I have an idea that wouldn't be used till a later version of ESF, when more than 1 transformation is possible:

When you first reach SS1 you have a set amount of ki burn.

When you reach SSJ 2 you no longer have a substantial amount of Ki Burn in SSJ 1 , but in SSJ 2 you have Ki Burn (moreso that SSj 1)

WHen you reach SSJ 3 you no longer have Ki burn in SSj2.....etc.

Best answers
yeah i thought of this too DREVILZ4L but that would take a lot more time reach ssj2 besides the other transformations only come in ESF beta1.3 unless u play evm.
coming back to the ki burn, i would still suggest adding a ki burn when transforming for the first couple of times. the ki burn might not be so huge, but its like when u do it for the first time, u cant do it for long, but the more time u use the better u get (its like riding a bike). this would also add a little variation to the game, cuz you could go two ways: 1) not going ssj and fighting in normal mode 2) trying to master the ssj, but this way loosing time to fight at first, but this would pay off when u master the ssj.

think it through dudes, its a nice idea

mike

Best answers
Yeah this sounds like a very good idea. Except I'd base the amount of Ki Burn directly on the amount of PL a person has...like once you get to the point where you can perfect transform there should be practicly...practicley....almost no Ki burn.

Best answers
yeah i also wanted to say that. dumb memory, smoked too much weed in my life :)
if anyone has some suggestions plz post em here, cuz i think this idea needs some more deeper thinking through cuz im going to send it to mastasurf for him to tell his opinion.

mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom