Big Crater

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
it will be cool when one is fighting with the other one the last one who will give a strong kick he will be thrown in a building and the building will be destroyed or when hes thrown into the ground he wil make big crater that would be awesome
:) so what do you think?? ;)

Best answers
it sure would.. but its impossible, i thing some1 told me that it's impossible to change the struckture of the map ingame.. and that would give u pretty huge lagg and fps drop too

CB

Best answers
well can't something be done to not change the game engine that woul be very awesome if they could do this things

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's to lagga ball i know this will be grarte but is to much lag

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
john_volkov said:
well i think theath the one god sugestion will be to go to SSJ in swop someting like this
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/6167/ssjswoop25ur.gif sa what do u thing ? i thing theath i can make a gif whit a crater
Thats a seperate suggestion. I like thatone but youll have to be at perfect transform PL to do that.

As for the original idea. That would never work. HL cant suport that.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
oh I sugestet in the wrong place can an admin move my sugestion and u will have to to perfect to swop in ssj :D

Best answers
Simple answer has already been given, Hl engine cant do things like that. it cant change the level, If you get into making maps youll understand why it wouldnt work.

The CLOSEST thing you could get is breakable surfaces (aka brushes). Basicly, theres a pre-done area of land that when hit (or in other words takes x amount of damage)- would go "boom", revealing a pre-mapped out "damaged" area under neath it. It would never reset unless the level is reset, and could only be done in pre-thought out measures.

I suppose it could work on some aspects, IE after the arena in the cell games takes so much damage, it could crumble away and reveal a damaged version.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
ok ok but that thing will be realy cool ore something like that to destroy ;) to be more .. animate :)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think any of us like lag at all, and that's all this suggestion would do if it were in, lag up the game.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
In this "other ESF mod" they did something similar and it didn't drop the FPS by much. But I'm more than happy with the current black crack thing.

Best answers
You could always, you know, change the map system. It's not set-in-stone. It's not a matter of can't, it's a matter of won't.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You cant change the map system with out rewriting HLs core. And the team said they wont do that. Its to much work for practicly nothing.

Just think a fiew wellplaced shots and the map is gone.

Best answers
any person who has worked with word craft knows that it is impossoble to code that into the game. It would take up months and still look crappy.
For that they could of used the esf and coded it into red faction.
Now that would be awsome!!!!

They could use decals though but that would look crap anyway.
Perhaps just a nice big crack in the wall and a smoke explosion would look cool.YeaH!!!

http://www.naruto-kun.com/gallery/gifs/Lee/lee42.gif

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sandstorm said:
You could always, you know, change the map system. It's not set-in-stone. It's not a matter of can't, it's a matter of won't.
Alright, then go do it. C'mon, what's taking so long?

Half-Life is a 7 year-old engine. There's only so much you can do with it, and making every single brush a func_breakable isn't one of them. Even then, it wouldn't look the way you imagine.

Trust me when I say that what you want is something you'll never see on the HL1 engine.

nge

Best answers
I hear if you scream "CHANGE NOW" enough on these forums the codeing happens

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nge said:
I hear if you scream "CHANGE NOW" enough on these forums the codeing happens

Strange, i always thought if u screamed that then the banning happens >_>

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Changing the "map system" in Half-Life involves changing the entire Half-Life Engine coding structure, which will take longer than it is worth. And besides, you can't just change one aspect of an engine, without changing something else. Once you modify something (and people that beef up cars with bigger engines or what not, will understand where I'm getting at), you have to change something else, and when you change that, something else has to be changed in order for the last 2 things that you changed to be compatible, or even workable.

So basically. A game is like a car, once you modify it, you have to keep modifying every aspect of it, because you'll always run into problems (bugs) with the game.

Best answers
instead of saying its impossable(its only impossable to a fine line...) get valve hammer, make a map where you can do it, release, become famous

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom