Big beam suggestion

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
This suggestion is to limit beam spamming and make signature beams/blasts harder to kill with. Tbh, I like the radius and damage specials do now. Large beams should be able to kill in one hit and it looks just like the show when an explosion is big enough to engulf 6 players in the same general area. So, I suggest the ratio of damage to radius be changed. Simple graph:

The strong damage is good as it is now I think. Meduim wouldnt do as much and weak should do about the same as a maximum charged generic beam. Ingame it would look like this:

If the beam had detonated or connected from this range you would be dealt the same damage dealt now, you would be killed.

If you were in the highlighted position you would be in the medium damage zone and lose maybe half/two thirds of your health. One and a half players length further you would be in the weak zone.

This is also more true to the show, for example; when vegeta used final flash against cell and destroyed half of his body, android 16 was standing right next to him but was not killed. Same for most of the show, they were never killed by splash damage.

What do you think?

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
this is one of the best suggestions ive read and seen, seems like you put alot of thought into it,i wanna see if others agree with what i said

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it's a very good idea, and the pics you provided really helped explain what you meant.

I'd like to see this in, for sure. :yes:

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, well thought out, your suggestions balance quite a bit and it makes total sense, thumbs up for it!

I don't have anything to add on though.

Beta Tester Squad
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
well i don't realy like it what about generic beam they will be ussles, the beam's r PURE ENERGI they r PLANET DESTROYRS not Chiled Play,it's like this you will do small dmg whit slpash dmg and lose a lot of Stamina practical you will not be able to evem melee some one else just stay there and die
It will work if it will be at half, the medium dmg to be at 50% and the Strong to be at 25%

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
:p You're just saying that because you like to beamspam.

I seriously can't imagine you like having servers filled with beamspamming n00bs. It takes the fun out of the game, IMO. o:

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
john_volkov said:
well i don't realy like it what about generic beam they will be ussles, the beam's r PURE ENERGI they r PLANET DESTROYRS not Chiled Play,it's like this you will do small dmg whit slpash dmg and lose a lot of Stamina practical you will not be able to evem melee some one else just stay there and die
It will work if it will be at half, the medium dmg to be at 50% and the Strong to be at 25%
Generic beams seem ok as they are to me, this doesnt apply to generic beams/blasts =/. Yea, large attacks could destroy the planet but only if they were directed into the planet, so its still not the splash that would do the most damage. Also, think about when goku instant transmitted and shot a maximum kamehameha at cell from nearly point blank, did he kill himself? no. Did he kill all of the Z fighters or even Hercule and those other humans who were standing in the general area? no. Sorry I dont quite understand what you mean but for the beams in the show, I think this is accurate =/.

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I like it. Oh and John. Its true that beams were planet destroyers but it wasnt there strengh that blew the whople planet up. It was teh fact that they hit the core of the planet. And the core exploded.

Anyhow. In teh show beams never did actualy have a blast radious. Since they never realy blew up like they do in ESF. So if it would be like the show than (like john said) than a direct hit would kill any person who is weaker than you. Wouldnt scrathc anyone tho is stronger than you. And would hurt only if you hit them deadon.

But i like this idea better XD

Beta Tester Squad
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I realy don't care if i still have insta;t kill whit a direch hit it's fine by me ,i can still kill evry one whit my beam attaks

Now with Kung-Fu action!
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
That's probably the best idea I've heard all month (including May :)). In the series if a huge beam hit at a fair distance, they would just brace themselves fro flying deb... um rubble. Nice idea.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
well yea, it would be better then what we have now, but beam damage is still too high and unbalanced.

Beta Tester Squad
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Well it's High because they r really STRONG , oki i agree to to the ideea but the stamina will not enterfer whit the beam , if you shot a beam will not drain stamina and KI only ki to make it more balance

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
tonythetiger123 said:
well yea, it would be better then what we have now, but beam damage is still too high and unbalanced.
I think someone on the team said big beams are still going to be one hit kills, but im not sure.

Beta Tester Squad
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I hope soo I will like a instalt KILL BEAM NOT LIKE IN EVM 3 kamehamhea to kill a dude this is ridiculas

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
john_volkov said:
I hope soo I will like a instalt KILL BEAM NOT LIKE IN EVM 3 kamehamhea to kill a dude this is ridiculas
I dont think there will actually be an instant kill beam. IMO a maximum charged KHH or other strong attack should do enough damage to kill in one hit, unless the other person is kid buu or someone and your normal goku.

Beta Tester Squad
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes the normal dmg in the game just whit the blast radius reduce to your sugestion and if so this will not drain stamina ? when charge a KHH

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
Im not suggesting anything about stamina/ki, but I dont think beams are going to use stamina. From what I remember stamina was going to be used for melee.

Beta Tester Squad
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
but some guys sayis it will use stamina some say they will not use stamina

Lost in space
Banned
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I like this suggestion very much, I don't like people who beam spam a lot when I am tryying to fight in a pub (& there are people who do it on the pub I paly on :().

On another note, you mention instant kills. The idea jsut came to me that if an attack like that kills someone instantly while they were at full health brackets should come up sayying "Player1 killed Player2 with "attack here"(instant kill)".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom