Big-Ass Tsunami Vs. Jet Li?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I heard a story that Jet Li was injured in that big tsunami incident because he ran into a hotel or something and saved his daughter. Anyone else hear about this? I want to know the details.

EDIT: Ten bucks on Jet Li, btw.

Best answers
Lmao, yea jet li would own that tsunami like that.

Anyway, no i havent heard that one before. Would suck if it were true though =/

Best answers
Yeah i think its true i heard it on the news but i don't know if he got injured or not

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I heard he only hurt his leg, not that he was like hospitalized or anything.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I bet he kicked the tsunami back into the Pacific, that coastline area never experiencing another tsunami again.

For fear, that "The One" will appear from behind the dunes, ready to make mother nature limp back, once again, where she came from.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I heard when he found his daughter, he made a last stand and his chi exploded all around him and blew the waves away from him and onto everyone else. Then Jackie Chan came and started fighting the Tsunami with a broom, thus balancing the distribution of the waves throughout the Pacific...

Yeah, i didnt hear anything about Jet Li.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
bleh, who cares? is his life more important then the lifes of the thousands who died?

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No... It's just that we dont really know any of those who died.. :fight: ..
Still a tragedy though...

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've recieved a request to close this and I see no reason not to. Feel free to do personal research about Jet Li but let's not put him on a pedestal right at the moment.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not sure this should have been closed. This thread holds some validity, but lets stay on topic for a change. No more nonsense about Jet Li's legendary martial artist status, and more factual information about his brush with death and current health.

Reopened, despite the request to the contrary.

KyoKusanagi

K
What happened to jet li

Vacationing action star Jet Li injured his foot as he protected his daughter from tsunami waves that flooded his hotel in the Maldives, Hong Kong newspapers reported Tuesday.

Li, who played the villain in "Lethal Weapon 4," was with his daughter in the hotel's lobby Sunday when huge waves gushed into the hotel, the Apple Daily newspaper reported, quoting a friend vacationing with Li.

Li slightly injured his foot while picking up his daughter, the report said. Ming Pao Daily News reported Li struck his foot against a floating piece of furniture.

Best answers
No, it's not more important than the rest of the peoples lives, but I find it much easier to relate to a film star than thousands of people I don't know. That's just the way it is. It's good to know that he and his family are ok.

Best answers
He's a fraud anyway. Hay guys, I can dodge CG bullets too!

Jet Li is seriously the worst action actor out there.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*Cough* Steven Seagal *Cough*

Whats so bad about telling people Jet Li was injured?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the fact that people instantly went OMFGODZORZ NOT TEH JET!!!!

when there are so many others, he is just another person. and this proves that fact. he is 1 man, and no man can stand against nature.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He stood against that furniture though. Bad ass.

Anyway, society admires/despises celebrities. Their every movement is recorded and reported to the people. So, I'd say it's pretty normal that when one is caught in a natural disaster, people find out. Just because it's reported doesn't mean it's importance has been placed over that of 150,000+ or something people. I've never actually heard of this on TV news, and you don't hear about the "Jet Li's Foot Donation" charity or anything. It's just another story among thousands, but it's given publicity because most people know who Jet Li is. The closer a person is to a name, the more they're going to turn their head. That's just how it is, and it makes sense; you care more for your brother than you do for a distant cousin.

Look at it this way. Innocent people get shot and stabbed and murdered in every way you can think of every day, but everybody freaks out over Dimebag Darrel. Why? He made good music, great. Does that make him a better person than some little kid, some mom, some old hobo? Are you placing value on life?

See, I don't blame you for giving more of a **** for Dimebag Darrel than some guy who was shot in the park on his way home. That's because you knew who Dimebag Darrel was and what he did, so it's only natural you cared more about what happened to him. It's not an excuse to get further disgusted with humanity or anything.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
From a realistic point of view i'd say the Tsunami, but, in the style of every 'nam movie ever made, the result will be the complete opposite of the true events in the inevitable film. He'll probably tear it up with lightning kicks and then seal the water spirit in a tea kettle or something.

Oh yeah, on a lighter note, some guy surfed one of the tsunami waves on the roof of his house, which carried him far out into the ocean, he was chopper lifted to safety. Now there's a story for the grandchildren.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hitokiri said:
He stood against that furniture though. Bad ass.

Anyway, society admires/despises celebrities. Their every movement is recorded and reported to the people. So, I'd say it's pretty normal that when one is caught in a natural disaster, people find out. Just because it's reported doesn't mean it's importance has been placed over that of 150,000+ or something people. I've never actually heard of this on TV news, and you don't hear about the "Jet Li's Foot Donation" charity or anything. It's just another story among thousands, but it's given publicity because most people know who Jet Li is. The closer a person is to a name, the more they're going to turn their head. That's just how it is, and it makes sense; you care more for your brother than you do for a distant cousin.

Look at it this way. Innocent people get shot and stabbed and murdered in every way you can think of every day, but everybody freaks out over Dimebag Darrel. Why? He made good music, great. Does that make him a better person than some little kid, some mom, some old hobo? Are you placing value on life?

See, I don't blame you for giving more of a **** for Dimebag Darrel than some guy who was shot in the park on his way home. That's because you knew who Dimebag Darrel was and what he did, so it's only natural you cared more about what happened to him. It's not an excuse to get further disgusted with humanity or anything.

i met darrel, twice. so yeh, it upset me. but if i remember correctly, i donated to the memorial fund for the families that suffered in that tragedy. not just felt sympathy for him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom