Bid For Power 4.0 "Final". -_-

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Some people like it, though. There are like 3 or 4 people on their forum that insist it's better then ESF.
There are lots o people who prefer Budokai series over Budokai Tenkaichi series (both for PS2), while any serious player can tell it's bull**** (yes BK3 is bull**** fighting and gameplay wise compared to BT3).

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There are lots o people who prefer Budokai series over Budokai Tenkaichi series (both for PS2), while any serious player can tell it's bull**** (yes BK3 is bull**** fighting and gameplay wise compared to BT3).
That's silly. People having different opinions are what makes this world interesting and unique. If someone thinks one game is better then another, who are you to say otherwise?

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
I played BFP in my "early" years (note that I'm 17 :p). I had fun back than, but seeing the trailer and remembering the old experinces, I can say that it would be *interesting*, but most likely not fun and would give it up fast, fast fast.

Also, to Jarek Bachanek: Like Sub said, everyone has their own oppinion. I actualy like both series, Budokai AND Tenkaichi. What I find fun I Budokai, is just the game play mechanics and the standard fighting genre-style. What I like about Tenkaichi games, though, is the open enviourment and other attributes that come with that.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Some people like it, though. There are like 3 or 4 people on their forum that insist it's better then ESF.
The only thing I'd say BFP is better in than ESF, would be the fact that BFP has a slightly faster gameplay, but its possibilities are amazingly low.

On the other hand, ESF is balanced, while BFP isn't. (Basically, by spamming Ryuujin's Tornado Blast, you can eliminate the possibility of anyone getting near enough to engage in melee combat, and don't even get me started on the homing disks and balls, or Testedah's "Rage", which instant kills anyone that happens to be remotely close to you. Horrible idea.)

ESF requires some skill, while BFP can be learned in 30 minutes, max. All you have to learn is how to exploit an unbalanced attack and then spam that.

The models....well, taking into consideration that it was released before ESF, and that the BFP characters were SOMEWHAT original, back then I couldn't say that they were bad. But seeing what the ESF team is doing to the Half-Life engine now, and how polished everything looks, they could've at least put some effort into the models they put in this 2.5 GB large release.

The melee is HORRIBLE. Downright pointless and retarded. Basically all you have to do is to get close and hold the right mouse button, and you will deal damage unless the opponent is blocking, which is even worse than the melee, seeing as you have to activate it and deactivate it (unlike in ESF when its on only when you hold the button), and activating it again actually HAS A FREAKING COOLDOWN (in other words, once you deactivate it, you can't activate it again for what, 5 seconds?).

The other attacks were okay, except the beams were far too easy to control. You could move them from their root like the hand of a clock, which meant only an idiot could actually miss something.

The only thing I actually like about BFP is that it's fast, and that the characters are original. Everything else is complete bull**** (IMO).

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What do you mean fast ^^

Dude were you ever in a all out full FFA server in ESF.

Your relax and think time was way below 0.5 seconds XD

Ahh the fun days ^^

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thought funimation shut bfp down like 7 years ago

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thought funimation shut bfp down like 7 years ago
This one is just named after Bid for Power. The original big for power as it was left some years ago is here:

http://bidforpower.planetquake.gamespy.com/

all other releases were unofficial mods, possibly due to the C&D that the original team got. But that certainly didn't stop the community.

Best answers
wow bfp is still around and people are still talking about it. I played that game a lot right before playing and moving to ESF. BFP was fun at the time. There were many maps and characters with different moves. I wouldn't play it now though.

Best answers
Hello
Im Blackyking which is coder of Bid for Power Final.
Yes each person have its own opinions about what its good and what not.
I like Earth Special Forces too,its an very good Dragonball Z Mod its amazing what they finished the Years ago.
Bid for Power or Bid for Power Final is based on the same Series like Earth Special Forces but his gameplay is completely Different to Earth Special Forces and we dont want to change the Gameplay a lot,yes im still working on such new things on melee and fixing the power struggel bug.
But we dont want to make the gameplay like Earth Special Forces because no one like 2 Games which are exacly the same.
Bid for Power is completele free no other game is required this is what we planned 3 years ago (when we start this project) to make a Dragonball Game for people who doesnt have Half Life 1 or Half Life 2 or something else...
And were still working on Bid for Power Final 5.0 which is coming with a singleplayer Mod which contains 42 Singleplayer Missions where you can play the whole Dragonball Z Story from Saiyan-Buu Story and some DBZ Movies too.
At the first were only planned 3 Releases of Bid for Power Final but now our 5th Release is in the work because were get a great feedback,a lot of Downloads this is the Reason why were continue the work on Bid for Power Final and for now were the most popular Bid for Power Addon Pack.
And I really like Earth Special forces,so keep up your work im looking forward
Good Luck ESF Team ^_^

Regards
Blackyking

Last edited:
Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hello
Im Blackyking which is coder of Bid for Power Final.
Yes each person have its own opinions about what its good and what not.
I like Earth Special Forces too,its an very good Dragonball Z Mod its amazing what they finished the Years ago.
Bid for Power or Bid for Power Final is based on the same Series like Earth Special Forces but his gameplay is completely Different to Earth Special Forces and we dont want to change the Gameplay a lot,yes im still working on such new things on melee and fixing the power struggel bug.
But we dont want to make the gameplay like Earth Special Forces because no one like 2 Games which are exacly the same.
Bid for Power is completele free no other game is required this is what we planned 3 years ago (when we start this project) to make a Dragonball Game for people who doesnt have Half Life 1 or Half Life 2 or something else...
And were still working on Bid for Power Final 5.0 which is coming with a singleplayer Mod which contains 42 Singleplayer Missions where you can play the whole Dragonball Z Story from Saiyan-Buu Story and some DBZ Movies too.
At the first were only planned 3 Releases of Bid for Power Final but now our 5th Release is in the work because were get a great feedback,a lot of Downloads this is the Reason why were continue the work on Bid for Power Final and for now were the most popular Bid for Power Addon Pack.
And I really like Earth Special forces,so keep up your work im looking forward
Good Luck ESF Team ^_^

Regards
Blackyking
Why aren't u updating your official website with what you wrote here so people know what's up ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom