BFP2 Monk

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
did you ever meet anyone whos forarms are bigger than there biceps?

Best answers
yes, ben mathias' character in his tutorial
if thats the way the chaaracter concept is than thats fine

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it just looks weird...the forarm isnt even smooth, its all lumpy, theres no definition to it..

Best answers
The arm should be more to the back of his back... the arms look they were stapled on.. he is leaning forward right now... and yes. GJ so far... Do the head next T_T, it is more important then the body.. well me thinks that anyway.

Best answers
gir no one said he was the best modeler,

@ wom, if you want critz on the model, could you post maybe some flats or wires

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i didnt say that either, but if hes gonna be on that kind of team, he should expect harsh crits. especially if hes taking over from the last guy..

Best answers
Ya he should.. mainly becuase alot of really good modelers/skinners are on their team.. i.e NeD, Eclipse etc.. Im not saying you wont get on their team, its just that you should really REALLY try hard to make this model the best you can make it.. 1 thing i see wrong is with the arms you have used a 9 slice cylinder? And it shows the flatness?? Of a 6 slice one. Try to get as much detail as you can aswell without using alot of polygons as well..

Best answers
I will post wire and flat in a minute ( I have to upload them ) I will work on the arms!

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
people have missed sumthing else, ur guy has no spine :(, spines arent straight, they look like an S to a certain degree, just stand up and think about the shape of your back and u should be able to understand.

Best answers
Here are some updates, not much, gave him more shoulders, moved arms back some. gave him more of a spline

Best answers
it doesnt look all that impressive, not like JB's model

Best answers
JB's model is also like 3 or 4 thousand polys, mine is just above 1200, I model low poly, then add details so I dont go over poly limit.

Updates. pants are nearly done.

Best answers
you should give him a spine, cause now he looks like a large bag of flour

Bolteh2

B
... nice try, but ill just say: "keep on dreaming.. this will never get in bfp2... not in the current state

Best answers
seriously, what u need to do is start with the high detail, and they've got a 4000 poly limit, even if I tryed I cant even find where to place 4000 polies in my models, and they are usualy HIGH freaken polied lol, I usualy could make it 3200 and then I'm like wow look at that high detail, then 4000 thats just insane detail? which I wouldnt know where to place, so u gota start big THEN cut down.. or else u'll get WTV results instead of the best result

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it might also help to use anatomical references to base your model on, its got no human characteristics apart from the basics, eg: a pair of arms and legs. give his arms, torso, back shape some proper defining, it looks nothing like a man atm, those arms make me think of a spider-monkey more than a strong muscly man ;O

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nice model but it's better to show the model with a more lighter background, we can see it better that way :D

Best answers
I added a 6 pack, gave more shoulder, added bicep (mottom pic) made all mucles on stomack more defined.

I also think I am going to re-do the whole lower body

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom