BF2 Update news...

itr

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thankfully i rolled back when i reformatted. as for the first patch, it sucked for my pc, the browser was nearly impossible to use, none of the filters could be applied and half the time the browser just froze. i sure hope they cleaned it up >_>

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
These guys are really starting to get on my nerves. EA's right up there with Valve as far as I'm concerned.

Best answers
meh i dont really care... bf2 is the best game yet... what ever set backs they have they can overcome it... EA how ever creates alot of crap games... they need to slow down or they will never control the world like they plan.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't really think that BF2 is a "great" game. I think it's a pretty simple game; you make some vehicles, 3 player models, some guns, and ten maps. the best thing in the game is probably the water and the shadows but they eat so much processor power...

It's like they had a really great idea for a game and a bunch of half-assed people building it, really. I mean who the hell releases a patch with a massive memory leak? Who's server browser chokes? Who says "sorry if you own a geforce4, we don't care if the game doesn't look right for you"? It's just terribly unprofessional to me. EA has the resources that, for such a simple game, this kind of thing really shouldn't be an issue.

Man oh man would I love to mod this game, though...

Hopefully they get this thing sorted out cause my 1.0 server browser sucks and I'd like a patch soon.

Best answers
yea they shouldnt have such specific grafic card reqirements,... that was one of my major beefs witht the game.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
EA isn't known for excellent quality control.

Before the first patch, their dedicated server was leaking over 44 megs/hour.

After the patch, it was even worse. -_-

Best answers
I can't believe Pride compared Valve to EA...
I can't even begin to list how many things are wrong with that sentence. EA being disgusting money hungry *******s, rehashing one sports game after another, and Valve providing a platform that's being used for game developers who can't get a deal with publishers because their ideas aren't safe enough, or because they aren't big enough yet to get a good deal with a publisher. One slowly destroying the game industry, and one trying to provide a solution to get the game industry back on its feet.

Seriously, don't compare anyone to EA, they're money hungry monsters who sacrifice any shred of honour they have to make money. If I can find it, I'll post the article an EA employee wrote about how they're treated. Rant over :p

itr

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Kurt said:
EA isn't known for excellent quality control.

Before the first patch, their dedicated server was leaking over 44 megs/hour.

After the patch, it was even worse. -_-
Yeah but DICE is working on the patch now, and I trust them, hopefully they can stress test the game this weekend on an EA server, and see if its still leaking.

Best answers
I think I'll stand by me saying it's a great game, but on a really ****ty engine.

They should change they're slogan to EA Games; Ruin Everything.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
I don't really think that BF2 is a "great" game. I think it's a pretty simple game; you make some vehicles, 3 player models, some guns, and ten maps. the best thing in the game is probably the water and the shadows but they eat so much processor power...

It's like they had a really great idea for a game and a bunch of half-assed people building it, really. I mean who the hell releases a patch with a massive memory leak? Who's server browser chokes? Who says "sorry if you own a geforce4, we don't care if the game doesn't look right for you"? It's just terribly unprofessional to me. EA has the resources that, for such a simple game, this kind of thing really shouldn't be an issue.

Man oh man would I love to mod this game, though...

Hopefully they get this thing sorted out cause my 1.0 server browser sucks and I'd like a patch soon.
I really couldn't agree more. In all honesty, I don't see whats so great about bf2. Hell, bf1942 looked much better on my computer and the game actually ran better too.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Any feedback on the patch yet? I want to hear how it is before I go get it, heh. Also, I never installed 1.01...do I need to get that first or is 1.02 alright to patch onto 1.00?

[For the record my one vague sentence about comparing EA does not mean its okay to make an entire post in this specific thread about it. Not saying your wrong or don't have a right to express the opinion, but I think that would have been a gripe better saved for a new thread. Incidentally anyone who wants to can debate me on my opinions of games, I know it's a hot topic around here. I will be glad to discuss it at length and in civilized ways in threads dedicated to such topics]

EDIT: Nevermind. "Battlefield 2 Install Folder cannot be found." The ****ing thing won't even try to install. And considering it's IN my BF2 folder...well...kudos to these morons on making the first patch I've ever seen in history since Quake 1 that isn't smart enough to know where the game was installed.

Since I installed it to my second drive under a custom path (X:\Games\Battlefield 2) it apparently doesn't know I have the ****ing game installed.

Stupid ****ing morons.

Best answers
Gah, can't get the damn patch. EA games site isn't working, and Fileplanet isn't letting me log in, it's just sending me back to the front page whenever I click the link. You'd expect EA's site to be able to cope with the number of people trying to get it...

Oh, and sorry Pride, you're right, I shouldn't have posted that here. Because I want to be a game designer myself I can get very passionate when EA comes into a topic :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, after some of the most difficult and annoying surgery I've ever done on anything in my computer, I got the patch to install (by running it, waiting for it to crash, then going and finding the patch files themselves in my temp folder, copying them to my c drive, and applying the patch through dos in safe mode).

It is absolutely 100% no different except for two things: The server browser's pings are all wrong (there will be a series of 0's, a series of 125's, a series of 140's, and so one...always like thirty servers with the same innacurate numbers). Load times are still horrendous. The game doesn't seem to perform any better, either. The server browser is still choky. And to top it all off...the only actual difference I see is that now a box pops up that says "Retrieving servers..." while it tries to load the list.

No wonder this POS was only 13 megs.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well'p. I just wanna but in and say keep this on topic. I don't wanna look like I'm defending EA, I hate them too, but this is a thread about BF2 update news, and not about how evil EA is.

itr

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Well I guess you just had issues installing, I've never had any issue with ANY pc game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom