BF2 (PC) Lagging

Best answers
So I've been playing battlefield 2 for a while now on my PC and all of a sudden I start lagging real bad even on servers I play most in which I get low ping on (35-55)... and I mean it gets real bad... it's to where it's pretty much unplayable.

I Disk Defraged, cleaned up uneeded files on my hard drive, turned off my firewall, freed RAM, turned off anti-aliasing & EAX (special sound option) on the game, and deleted the game's cache.... nothing has had any effect on it.

I use to play with anti-aliasing on 4x, EAX on, Firewall on.... and I'd have real smooth gameplay.... it's just recently that it's been a pain in the a**.

Specs:
250GB Hard Drive (177GB Free)
Nividia 7600GS
1GB RAM

I'm not sure if it's the game or my computer... I don't think my comp's specs have anything to do with it tbh since it worked fine till recently.

Help please.. =(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Did you change or install anything right before it became a problem?

Best answers
Did you change or install anything right before it became a problem?
Nothing that I recall.... I have a vague memory of exactly when it started... do you think I should do a system restore?

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
try "pb_sleep 200" in your console and/or do a manual punkbuster update.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nothing that I recall.... I have a vague memory of exactly when it started... do you think I should do a system restore?
Don't bother with system restores, in my experience of using it, it does nothing for you.

Have you tried lowering the graphic settings?
Is the lagging happening on a particular map?
Do you have the latest update?

Here's a guide to improving performance (among other things) for Battlefield 2 - http://www.tweakguides.com/BF2_1.html

Best answers
My settings are as they always were...despite that I tried low settings and the lag still continues.

I manually updated Punkbuster... still lags.

I could do the console thing but I don't wanna do that everytime =( I dunno if it works yet... i'll try it out.

Edit: Tried it... didn't help at all.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My settings are as they always were...despite that I tried low settings and the lag still continues.

I manually updated Punkbuster... still lags.

I could do the console thing but I don't wanna do that everytime =( I dunno if it works yet... i'll try it out.

Edit: Tried it... didn't help at all.
You could try reinstalling Battlefield 2.

Best answers
I've heard other people re-installing and it not working. I'll try it though when I get the chance.

Won't I have to reinstall my expansion packs too?

Best answers
It also sounds like a weird memory leak, could you start it out and then go to task manager and observe all proccesses and see wether something isn't using memory that keeps growing and growing or monitor the overall memory usage.

Best answers
Yes, you'll have to reinstall your expansion packs.
*sigh* That means i'll have to contact EA about the Armored Fury exp pack again...

It also sounds like a weird memory leak, could you start it out and then go to task manager and observe all proccesses and see wether something isn't using memory that keeps growing and growing or monitor the overall memory usage.
Im lookin at my task manager and I don't see anything abnormal.... =/ I just wish it'd run smooth again T_T

I'm gonna run a virus scan to be safe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom