Between a rock and a hard place.

Best answers
I just returned from a two day trip to my grandparents' farm. It was kinda like a family/family-friends reunion. Quite interesting, having to see the lot of them after 5 years. (I hate trips and visits. Exams bleh) The reason we met was to celebrate the birth of my last aunt's child. My cousin. The funny part is the age difference. I'm going to turn 20 in a bit and he's under two months' old. Kinda hard to swallow that he's my cousin of all things.
Anyway, what really shocked me was how much many of the kids I used to play with on the farm five years ago have grown up. There was this girl, too. (Now you see the title of the thread making sense... lol) I used to play with her all the time when we were kids. She's my dad's school friend's daughter. They own the farm adjacent to my grandparents'. Five years ago, she was kinda like me. Naughty and she was very tomboyish. used to dress like me and the rest of my brothers. Now she's just.... Its hard to describe her right now. Or what I'm going through. She's taller, dresses in girl clothes... 0_o talks like one and likes to shop (wtf).
She's here, now. In my town. Her parents have shifted and its up to me to how her around. o_0
Why wouldn't I? She is really good-looking, a nice girl with a decent head to go with it. No funny stuff about her. But really, is that all that I should look at? Sure she used to be a great pal of mine, but that pal is gone now. All that there is is another girl. But I somehow feel that this is the same person. We didnt get much time to talk, but it feels like she hasnt changed inwardly.
I am not scared of showing the girl around. Its just that I am afraid of doing something foolish. If I were to anger her in a way, just with casual flirting, it would harm our parents' friendship.
OK... Any ideas guys? I could tell her that I'm busy and that I have no time, but that way, I'd be killing my emotions. Or I could take her around, and eventually end up saying or doing something, extremely foolish.
On a side note, It is funny how much people change in five years. Surprisingly so, as a matter of fact. Anyone else experiance such a change?

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
So you'd rather not see her at all because you're afraid you might like her more then you used to?
Seriously, thats stupid.
Either tell her or leave it be and get over it before it gets worse.
And about "hurting your parents friendship" thingie .. if you could possibly harm a friendship with that it can't be much of a big friendship ;P

Don't be a douche, be a man.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have a kind of different story, but when I was in preschool I was really good friends with one of the girls. I'll go as far as saying she was my preschool girlfriend. So last summer she found me on facebook and I hung out with her and she is probably the hottest girl I have ever seen in my entire life and I was totally psyched to see her, even though I found out she's a cheerleader and likes britney spears and I play guitar and like heavy metal. But still I had a great time with her so I say go for showing this friend of yours around.

Who knows maybe you'll get lucky in the end (I didn't) some friendships lead to great relationships.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow, this is so overblown...:rolleyes:

If she's different she's different. If she's the same she's the same. Whatever happens, happens.

Don't obsess over a bunch of what-ifs you don't know the first thing about. You're being a dummy. Your parents' friendship? Did you actually just present that as an issue?

Go after her and use your judgement on the fly. GET SOME! JESUS CHRIST!

Best answers
She's here.
Oh well here goes. Thanks guys. Geez this is hard for me...

O_0

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bet that's not the only thing that's hard.

Oooh ho ho snap.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Something similar just happened to me actually.

I used to hang out/date this girl when I was still VERY young (like 13/14). We moved on to high school and we both moved away. We lost touch with all the moving and drama happening in our lives.

So about 3 months ago I walk into her cousin at the mall and he tells me that shes been asking about me. He gives me her number and I give her a call.

We've been hanging out ever since and our friendship has grown a lot. Problem is I'm in love with her, and she found that out about 10 minutes ago.. she basically just told me that she wants me as a friend (god I hate it when they say that) and that it would be best if I kind of "disappeared" for a bit..

So, anywayz, what I'm trying to say is. If you like her, GO for it. Tell her as soon as possible and take the plunge. It just gets harder when you try to "extend" it.

[/2cents]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've faced harder decisions choosing what to have for breakfast. Be a man, do the right thing.

Best answers
A good way to think about it is what you stand to gain compared to what you can loose

You can gain a new friend and possibly more in the long run by just doing what you want to do and having fun, why should you be so worried? It's just a girl, for all you know she could be just as worried as you are!

You would gain nothing from not doing this, you'd infact lose any chance of her ever being your friend or having contact with her because of your own fear's and doubts (I'm sorry if that sounds really harsh but it's true)

It's true that you could lose out by being stupid but I doubt that you'd lose her as a friend forever and if you did do anything, then the connection with her family will mean you will always have a chance to make it up to her if you chose

Best answers
I'm in love with her, and she found that out about 10 minutes ago.. she basically just told me that she wants me as a friend (god I hate it when they say that)

[/2cents]

That friendship just died. Rest in peace.

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Yes Yes it does. Girls never want to be friends girls hate friends.

Best answers
Bet that's not the only thing that's hard.

Oooh ho ho snap.
*high five*

That friendship just died. Rest in peace.
Amen.

I'm inclined to agree with Hitokiri, you've blown this out of proportion, if a little casual flirting is all it takes to de-rail your parents and her parents relationship, they must hate each other already.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
[S];857565 said:
Yes Yes it does. Girls never want to be friends girls hate friends.
The sad part is its completly true. Girls saying "lets stay friends" is = to "gtfo".

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i read this thread title, and thought it was about the simpsons movie...

this is slightly more entertaining however :D

remember, girls actually love friends, because being friends means they get their wish, of never ever having sex. ESPECIALLY with you!

Best answers
i read this thread title, and thought it was about the simpsons movie...
this is slightly more entertaining however :D
I could kiss you... Not really, lol.
Anyway, thanks a lot guys. Sure did help. I took her out. Really had a lot of fun too. Yeah, I told her that I liked her. She said she shared similar feelings, go figure. Oh well, guess things are going pretty well. Hopefully, I'llbe able to keep this relationship for longer than a year. My last one lasted 10 months, sadly. Stuff happens, I guess. Its still funny how she's changed from the tomboy I once knew. More reserved, so as to say.

Haha, next thing you know, I'll meet another friend who might have grown so much, I'd think he is totally someone else.
lol, Life should be like animes. People seldom change on those things even after gaps of 7 years. Of course that could just be that Saiyans dont age too quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom