Better Icon (by me!)

What do you think of the new esf icon I made?

• I like it!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I think you could do better (and i posted why!)

• There's an icon for esf?

• Total voters
Best answers
I basically took the cs icon and put kid gohan powering up in the middle rather than the guy shooting, what do you think?

Available here!

Hope you like, any suggestions or CONSTRUCTIVE criticism or heaven forbid, gulp, praises (dare i say), are welcome, please, i want to know.

And also, just so you know, this was my first icon and i am very proud of my work, but i feel there is room for improvement however the .ico file-format is very limiting so i can't do anything like you would find in photoshop, think more like in paint, and then it'll be possible.

Best answers
I think since the site has a planet that the icon should be earth, hence, Earth's Special Forces.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, this isn't really a suggestion...
Where to put it... I know!

/me gives this thread a sack lunch and pushes it out the door into Miscellaneous

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh yeah, dump it on me why don't you? ;P But yeah, this is where it belongs anyhow ;P Can't really say the icon is to my taste but bright yellow icons tend to drive me nuts. I just don't liek them much.

-Karrde-

Best answers
Originally posted by op-beop
I basically took the cs icon and put kid gohan powering up in the middle rather than the guy shooting, what do you think?

Available here!

Hope you like, any suggestions or CONSTRUCTIVE criticism or heaven forbid, gulp, praises (dare i say), are welcome, please, i want to know.

And also, just so you know, this was my first icon and i am very proud of my work, but i feel there is room for improvement however the .ico file-format is very limiting so i can't do anything like you would find in photoshop, think more like in paint, and then it'll be possible.
looks funny, but i wont use it:no:

Stalwart Assassin
✔️ HL Verified
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
It's ok. The only problem is...well...it's dull. There isn't anything very unique about it(I know, I know, you took the CS icon). Also, it isn't very colorful. Then again, the CS icon isn't either.:p

I like the effort though, I really do. It is definately a good start. If you expanded on it, I am sure it could be really good.:smile:

Best answers
well i kind of is a suggestion because the current icon sucks and i think this game should have a better icon. I'm experimenting still with microangelo icon suite. So far I can see that people want more color...but not bright color (so that the icon wont stand out on the desktop as this mod does above all other mods?), anyway, not yellow, ok, i just kinda thought it looked like he was powering up, like his aura, of course that is kind of a neon green/lightning bolt effect in the show. hmmmm.

-=The Wes=- _ funny? how so? it's a pretty distinguishable kid gohan (during the cell games) if you ask me.

Glenn _ planet earth eh? hmmm...they were only the 'earth's special forces' at one time in the show (when they were fighting vegeta and nappa towards the very beginning of the series).

oh well, back to the drawing board, maybe this really REALLY evil picture of kid-buu i have smiling (evil'ey). I recently made a wallpaper of it, and i think it might suit the icon becuase he was the ESF's greatest threat.

Best answers
i think it could be better because you can really see its kid gohan you could just do a close up of him & you dont need to make it black or not so much black around it

Best answers
My suggestions for you go as follows...

1) Use a circular image as a background. Glenn siad it right when he stressed that the name of this mod is -Earth- Special Forces, and the icon should therefore reflect that.

2) Yellow is not the color to use here. If we stick with the "Earth" theme then I would suggest blues and whites.

3) Use a better image for the featured character or none at all. Simple text will also do the job nicely.

Best answers
ok yeah anyone have any idea why my name was changed from op-bebop to op-beop? this is really annoying, it was op-bebop for a reason, my website is op-bebop.net so if anyone knows why my name was changed or has an idea who might have done it let me know.

Also who would i ask to get it changed back, a super mod or the site admin, but who are they (user names)?

Thanks for all the suggestions for my icon, i'll get on it, i think this time i'll use photoshop for the images rather than microangelo. I saw the other thread with the guy making custom icons and neither of his kid buu icons are of the picture i have, so i'll give that a shot.

Best answers
You probebly tiped it incorrectly The icon should have a colour pic

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Do not bring back dead threads. The next time will be a warning.

*closed*

-Karrde-

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom