Beta 1.2 Help Thread

Best answers
If an answer won't come that's possibly because we don't know any solution, simple.

In reply to Goku_ssj_uk: I'm using CS 1.6 retail (that comes eventually with HL), version 1.1.2.0 .

Best answers
Neither use WON. I don't play via internet since I have 56k (dsl soon), so I'm under bots right now.

Best answers
Whenever I start up the installation of Beta 1.2 i get this

could not find SIERRA\Half-Life\ESF\autoexc.cfg can anyone tell me wats wrong?

Best answers
Make yourself an autoexec.cfg in notedpad, leave it blank and save-as autoexec.cfg, select all files and click save.

Best answers
Whenever the game gets minimized, from an IM, or anything else, and I go back to the game, there's no sound at all anymore. How do I fix that?

Best answers
Iv not long dloaded ESF v1.2, and installed it for WON. I have the latest HL version, and haven't got Steam installed at all. It starts up fine into the ESF splash screen, but when I go to change my character settings, ie name and spraypaint etc, I get the original half life's character settings, such as selecting a model. Thats not really a problem, just annoying, since actually playing the game still works properly. But when I create a lan game, I can only choose from the original Half Life maps. While its kinda cool on some of them, they are a bit cramped for this kinda game. I've got my shortcut set to C:\sierra\Half-Life\hl.exe -console -game esf as so many other threads here have mentioned, but it still wont work. Iv checked the ESF maps directory, and all the proper ESF maps are there, just for some reason its being directed to the valve/maps folder. Any solutions to that?

Best answers
Zeno said:
Whenever the game gets minimized, from an IM, or anything else, and I go back to the game, there's no sound at all anymore. How do I fix that?
if you dont want to restart your server.... just minimize it again...open taskmanager and press activate on the Halflife\esf and close the taskmanager....should also work...i know it does for me.

Best answers
-[Ph@t]-Buu said:
Iv not long dloaded ESF v1.2, and installed it for WON. I have the latest HL version, and haven't got Steam installed at all. It starts up fine into the ESF splash screen, but when I go to change my character settings, ie name and spraypaint etc, I get the original half life's character settings, such as selecting a model. Thats not really a problem, just annoying, since actually playing the game still works properly. But when I create a lan game, I can only choose from the original Half Life maps. While its kinda cool on some of them, they are a bit cramped for this kinda game. I've got my shortcut set to C:\sierra\Half-Life\hl.exe -console -game esf as so many other threads here have mentioned, but it still wont work. Iv checked the ESF maps directory, and all the proper ESF maps are there, just for some reason its being directed to the valve/maps folder. Any solutions to that?
You dont pick your character from that screen, you select one when you go in game.

Try remaking the shortcut if its not working OR removing the ESF map folder and putting it back.

All that fails then Id suggest a reinstall.

Best answers
Yeah I know u select ur character in game, which is why i said its only a little annoyance, since original HL model selection isnt supposed to be there. The big issue was the maps problem. Just re-created the shortcut, and whatever the problem was is fixed now, the customization screen no longer has the HL model selecter, and the ESF maps now work. Thank god for that, if I had to reinstall HL Id have to dload the patch again :p

Thx :D

Best answers
alright i fixed the mci file playback thing but now it tells me could not load library esf\cl_dlls\client.dll does anyone know how to fix this

Best answers
sorry for double posting but i cant figure out how to load a mod in half life its not like quake 3 or unreal tournament

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom