Beta 1.1 Installation Bug/Problem

Best answers
Well I dont know why but I can't seem to install 1.1. First I tried it with Esf 1.0 on my harddrive and installing the 1.1 full. When the installation screen popped up it says something of the like," checking for previously insatlled files".

So ok, mebe its becuz I've got 1.0 on my harddrive, so that goes bye bye. I try again, same problem.

I reboot my computer, same problem.

I download esf 1.0 and the 1.1PATCH. I use the esf 1.0 to first completely uninstall my esf and then I reinstall it. I then use the patch. SAME problem.

I uninstall esf 1.0 again and try the full install. SAME PROBLEM!

Perhaps my computer isn't compatible with 1.1? I wouldnt know why but just incase I'm running a Windows XP Home Ed, 512 ram, 2.53 ghz, P4. And using Wise Install to run the .exes.

Best answers
did you try uninstalling esf the correct way, going to control panel, then add-remove programs, this should also go under help section . . .

Best answers
checking for previously insatlled files Shuld Olny Happen With The 1.0 to 1.1 patch it look in all your hard drives for esf 1.0 so you dont have to look for your self it takes 5 min tops to find it on the install its cool

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the installer is searching for a file called hl.exe (manually on your HDD)
be sure that it still exists

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Nretep
the installer is searching for a file called hl.exe (manually on your HDD)
be sure that it still exists
And if it can't find that, it looks for cstrike.exe for those of you who have CounterStrike retail :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom