Best... Thread... EVER

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
So..............what's the point of this again?

brainfeeder
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Hash said:
So..............what's the point of this again?
He is remembering when this forum first started tis all... an ancient one simply remeniscing.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Everyone was in a lighter, happier, unpedictable mood back then. Now people seem bitter. WTFBBQSAUCE happened?

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
You got to love how Deverz totally quad-posted... totally against the rules! Mods and Admins should follow these rules since they enforce them.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
But thats the thing, back then, it really wasn't an issue. Nowadays everyone is on pins and needles.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
it was 4-5 years ago... when esf wasnt as big and popular, so there was no need for rules. =\ when there are as many forum members as there are now, things can get out of hand, hence why the AUP was created... or so i believe

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
KidBoy17 said:
Lame! Ok, here on out, this topic is a spam topic. No one make sense anymore!

OR, how about it isnt?

i understand what your saying SSFT. some of the rules seem pretty harsh. but then if you take a look at some of the forum users, (ill let you do that yourself), you'll see why rules are in place. in the end, it does help gain a more pleasent atmosphere i think...

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Eh, your right. There are some people that never learn i.e Gizmo.... But I am glad they do keep the rules strict. Just funny to see Deverz to post like crazy.

Retired
Best answers
it's because the forum got a lot bigger...that always changes it.

simply because most rules are more enforced in an environment like this.

but yeh I do remember that topic ;)

Lost in space
Banned
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah that was hella fun, last time i left ESF was because of the whiney mods and admins... even now im longing back to those times, times of freedom in posting and fun without abiding strict rules.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
The more freedom we get, the sooner we start taking it for granted, and then everybody is flaming and acting retarded in threads that are supposed to be serious. I agree some of our rules seem a little too strict, but if you really have to get random banter and flames out of your system there are about ten thousand other forums you could do that in.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think any of the rules here are strict at all.

If you're a fourteen year old kid and you want to make topics called "Barbecue Sauce Fighting Championships" about your fictional pet dog that fights crime well...that's just stupid.

I mean, what...you want this place to turn into the Valve forum?

I mean no offense but if someone walked into a room in real life and did some of the stuff that ESF's "strict" rules tell you not to do, I would probably tackle them and beat them into numb oblivion on principle alone, and I doubt I'd be alone.

Either way ESF really only has one rule: No Stupid. Everything falls under that direct edict, if you think about it long enough.

Just remember: there is a reason why of all the forums I have ever seen ESF is the nicest and most normal.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree, I think the rules here are fine. No one is asking for anything unreasonable, the rules ask you not to flame, and not to do anything illegal. Other than some other minor details that's the general rule you have to follow. I love this board, and it's the only board I've ever become a member of and actually stuck with it for so long. The mods have always been courteous and done a great job in general, and that's most of the reason why, that and the fact that the mod was so awesome.

Lost in space
Banned
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
i agree, and i believe i'm the first non-mod to say this. But the rules here are very reasonable. I mean, basically treat people with respect, don't go crazy and your ok. And if the mods were "strict" about the rules everyone would get like a warning a day, especially the new people that come here. So even the mods, are lenient (sp?) as well. I love this forum, it's the most intelligent forum, the most tallented, and most under control i've ever been to. When ever you need advice about something, there is someone here who knows what there talking about. You have DJ ready and cold steel for mapping, Smith and Syth (i think) on computers, Mad Axman on guitar (you people stop changing your names!!!! lol) and the mature people (mostly mods and a select few that aren't mods) are very mature about things, when people ask questions

In short: I love this forum :)

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I remember these days. Thanks for taking us back guy.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Phatslugga said:
The mods have always been courteous and done a great job in general, and that's most of the reason why, that and the fact that the mod was so awesome.

why must you always bring your filthy lies here?! >;E

Lost in space
Banned
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
heck , why couldn't we have a nice little thread like thise again , some off-topic games sorta are simlar to this thou , like escape the scene etc (comment wise) thou ss forums (where i am a mod) is alot like this

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
omg, proves once again everyone is a noob once...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom