Best thing happend!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I finally got my license. I know this might not sound like much but its a huge deal to me. I would have gotten it sooner but I broke my neck like a week before I was going to go down and drive. But not anymore! I HAVE MY FREAKING LICENSE! So much Stress and Nervousness and been released from my body. Sorry if you guys don't care but this is one of my happiest moments.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Getting a license is the easy part, find someone who will insure you for < $2000 a year hehehe.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Awsome, I just got my permit yesterday :) how did you brake your neck?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Congratulations, i've got a good few months on you and i've only just passed theory. How many tries did it take you?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
Congratulations, i've got a good few months on you and i've only just passed theory. How many tries did it take you?
This was my first time taking it. And I've only been driving for 3 days now since my accident. I broke my neck on a slip in slide at school on October 14 2004. I did a belly flop and snapped my neck. Lucky I didn't feel anything cause I was paralyzed.... lol... Im really stupid sometimes.

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was excited to, but now that Ive ben driving for a few years, Its really not that fun anymore, just a pain in the ass sometimes.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
TwisteR said:
I was excited to, but now that Ive ben driving for a few years, Its really not that fun anymore, just a pain in the ass sometimes.
Exatcly. YOu have there some Friends where wanna drink somehting, you have to drive them somweher else then >_>

Then when the parents are working a^nd they only got 1 car you have to get in the middle of the night at 10 AM and drive them to work, and...and... !

But sometimes its fun to just pace around without someone bugging you to drive there or there.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SSJGoku83 said:
Exatcly. YOu have there some Friends where wanna drink somehting, you have to drive them somweher else then >_>

Then when the parents are working a^nd they only got 1 car you have to get in the middle of the night at 10 AM and drive them to work, and...and... !

But sometimes its fun to just pace around without someone bugging you to drive there or there.
Thank god I have my own car and that my insurance is only 92 bucks a month. That kinda gets rid of some of the stress.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've been driving since 16, fully licensed now, Canada has graduated licensing.

G1 - Learner's permit, can't drive on major-highways, and can't drive unless there is a passenger who has had their full G (explained later) license for a few years.

G2 - Upgraded learner's permit. Can get after at least a year of having your G1 (or 8 months with driving school) Can drive on highways, basically only restriction is you can't drive out of province, and there is zero-alcohol tolerance.

G - Full license. No restrictions other than what's the law.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Optimus Prime said:

G1 - Learner's permit, can't drive on major-highways, and can't drive unless there is a passenger who has had their full G (explained later) license for a few years.

G2 - Upgraded learner's permit. Can get after at least a year of having your G1 (or 8 months with driving school) Can drive on highways, basically only restriction is you can't drive out of province, and there is zero-alcohol tolerance.

Manitoba's graduated system is a bit different. You start with a learner's permit, too. You need to have someone in the front passenger seat who has had a full license for at least 3 years. I don't believe there are any restrictions on where or when you can drive at this stage, but you must have an experienced driver with you.

After you turn 16, you are allowed to take the road test. If you succeed you get an "Intermediate" license, which allows you to drive on your own or with as many passengers as the car is designed to hold. You, however, cannot drive with passengers between 12 AM and 6 AM unless one of them is a driver with 3 or more years of experience with a full license. There is a zero alcohol policy here, as well.

About a year after getting your intermediate license, you are upgraded to a full license with probation. After holding that for a year, your probation is up, and you have a full license.

I'm on the full + probation stage, about to lose my probation, too (in a month's time). I, too, have lost the feeling of novelty that comes with getting a license. I mostly ferry people around or take myself to university >_>

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
The way it was when I did it..when you were 15 and a half, you took a written test to get your permit, so you could drive with 21+ person that is licensed and what not, 16 you took the actual drive test, passed everything on the first try, brawgh.

Best answers
The graduated license system in Canada is similair to what they do here in Michigan, all states have different specifics, but the system here is for people under the age of 18.
If you didn't do the graduated program then once you turn 18 you take a written 40 question exam, which I took earlier today (extremely easy), then you get a permit, after 30 days you take a road test and you have your full license.
Unless you did the graduated program before you were 18, in which case the state will mail you your unrestricted license after you turn 18

Congrats on getting your license. I have a Chevy Nova out in my yard that's begging to be driven, but I need my full license before the car goes under my name. After that the State Farm insurance guy comes over and personally ass rapes me with one Benjamin Franklin and an Andrew Jackson each month.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Optimus Prime said:

Exactly the same in BC, except when you have your Learner's, you can drive anywhere you want, but only between 5 a.m. and midnight.

Anyways, I too recieved my Learners about a month and half ago. Of course the novelty of driving hasn't wore off on me yet..........because It was never there in the first place. I never knew why everyone always got so excited. I mean, we've all been in cars our whole life, and driving it isn't exactly the funnest thing in the world. In fact, I'd much rather be riding in the passenger seat than actually driving the car, way less work that way. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom