Best Strategy Game to Buy ¬_¬

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tassadar said:
Rome: Total War
Starcraft
Warcraft III, Frozen Throne
LOTR: Battle for Middle Earth is alright.

And in my humble opinion, Warhammer 40k is a piece of garbage. Just play WC3, WH is just a terrible ripoff.
you realise of course that warhammer and games workshop have been arround for over 30 years right?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
he means the video game is a rip off of wc3

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
not really, it was an extension of all the previous warhammer titles, like the curse of the horned rat, space hulk etc... its just an improvement on all of those games. (there were about 6 shipped titles of which 4 had RTS elements or were based on RTS i believe)

Best answers
warhammer 40k all the way. An excellent game in my opinion, and yes it did have its own RTS's as well as non 40k RTS's, so no its not even close to a copy warcraft. Any game witha unit called Ork killa' kan is ok by my standards :D.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hehe orks rule, and did you ever notice how no ones ever questioned why warcrafts orcs look EXACTLY like GW's?

i suppose my biggest gripe was that they made goblins techno-friendly, which was never the case. the definition of a gobbo catapult is:
2x Stakes hammered deep into the ground
1x giant rubber band attatched to the stakes
2x very muscly goblins to stretch the elastic
1x extremely nutty goblin with makeshift wings that dont work, and a spikey metal helmet, screaming "WAAAAAAAGGGGHHHHHHH" as its catapulted toward the enemy.

anyway, dow is awsome, great gameplay, easy to learn, difficult to master. and i love how close to the action you can get... nothing quite beats seeing a bloodthirster using that gurt' axe to bat people accross the map :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hehe orks rule, and did you ever notice how no ones ever questioned why warcrafts orcs look EXACTLY like GW's?
I prefer Warcraft's badass tribal style orcs, personally. They look a lot alike but the orks in WH:40k are way more ape-like--longer arms, etc.

I think we can all agree that the worst orcs ever are in LOTR.

Best answers
Warhammer Dawn of war was dissapointing... and so was BFME i think :( the all time favorite strategy game is Starcraft... its a classic and has the best gameplay of all the games out there.. its juts sad that it is soo old :(

Best answers
how was dawn of war dissapointing, i think its the best possible transfer from the table top game, they changed enough things so its not boring to play but they completely kept the spirit of the game. All they need is more races, lots more races :D.

As for the gobbos, i like the DoW versions, they are like little slaves, "please don't hit me". I also like the feel of the orks in general, they are TRULY the horde, bloodthirsty and plentiful. The warcraft orcs are a horde in name only, their units are expensive and take a decent amount of food. plus DoW orks have cooler upgrade names(shootier research, more choppy research), and they have two of their very own resources, WAAAGGHHH and ork population. I also love the feeling when an ork killa' kan picks up the chaos hero(i'm blanking on what its called right now), and rams his saw blade arm into his stomach and moves it back and forth.

Best answers
Well lol i went and got The Battle For Middle Earth....looks good but i can tell its not going to be a classic or it will last me more than a month or so....havent treid the online play yet so that will add to it :smile:

I give it 7/10 so far :yes: :no:

Best answers
i have warhammer dawn of war to, i think its bad, really bad, it gets very boring after while i'd say..but thats my opinion

warcraft for teh win

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have a hard time seeing how anyone could find that game boring. It has the least amount of building and most combat of any strategy game in recent memory.

Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
I have a hard time seeing how anyone could find that game boring. It has the least amount of building and most combat of any strategy game in recent memory.
the sound effects where sooo bad! also in a warhammer game u shouldn't build up a base and construct soldiers at all.. no... u should start with an army, total war style and use tactics like on the table...

in DoW its just build and charge... and u can do that for hours without using any tactics... also its wayyy to easy to get one of those big demon fellas.. and they are way to unbalanced cus they destroy EVERYTHING!.. and the balance is not very good... the orcs and "chinese styled (dont remember name) is just very bad! the Chaos can own everyone at anytime!.. :S its just... wird and plain...

also the GFX wasn't anything to yell HURRAY for... the only nice GFX effect that i saw was when u used the Orbitor Bombardment...

if u would like to discuss it farther remember to keep it at a non-childish discussion... ^_^

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wrong - the big demons are quite easy to destroy actually - there's a counter for everything =P

Best answers
DOW is a good game
[SAS]Orion said:
wrong - the big demons are quite easy to destroy actually - there's a counter for everything =P
totaly
if you're a marine player
Plasma for SM and CSM
HB for Eldar and Orks
and 2 Assault Termies with Apoc and a FC and Libraian for the BT
missile launchers for building and tanks.
Dreads Pwn All
just watch the death ani for the BT after the Force Commander kills it.

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Still on winter break, but thanks to the pigeon *cough* linking me to this thread - it's time to post :D.

My all time favourite strategy games:
C&C: All versions from C&C Gold, Red Alert, Tiberian Sun to Generals Zero Hour.
Empires Series: All versions from Age of Empires to Conquerers Expansion.
Age of Mythology, Titans Exapansion
Ceasar III
Zeus: Poseidon Expansion

Other games that I have liked but aren't my favourites:
Cossacks
Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom
Pharaoh
Rise of Nations
Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds

Seriously, how come no one knows about the oldy goldy strategy city building games by Sierra? No one ever played Ceasar III or Zeus? :( And I really want to play Rome: Total War, but I'm going to wait till my semester exams are finished before even thinking about it.

Back to hitting the books. *vanish*

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My favourites,

Warcraft 2

Warcraft 3

Red Alert 2

Age of empires 2

Best answers
Dammit, what wrong with you people? Does noone play Disgaea!

Rawr.

No really, Rawr.

P.S play Dungeon Keeper!

Best answers
BAH! warcraft 1 and 2 were alright but 3 omg i hate that game... well other than that hero mod where you only control a hero.. warhammer all the way you forgot the coolest thing the god battles!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom