Best story in a video game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've seen and played lots of games with simply fantastic storylines. I'm sure you have too. However, the best one is definitely owned by Phantasy Star IV, which I keep playing over and over just because of its story. It's just wonderful. It's the kind of story that really works up your emotions and make you feel like you're experiencing the game first-hand. There's no other way to say it, people should play the game just to hear the story.

What do you think? Which game in your opinion has the best story?

P.S. I'm sorry if there has been threads like this before :)

Best answers
Warcraft... all of them. If you've played from 1 to frozen throne, it really gets you hooked up, just because of the storyline. It really excited me and... well... I just hope they finally make a happy ending at the end. =P

Don't know about WoW's storyline tho... it kinda killed it for me that they turned a strategy game into an RPG. >_>

From the differences between High Elves and Night Elves, to the origin of the Orc's evil, to the origins of the Burning Legion, it just blows my mind! =) Deffinitely worth playing because of the storyline! =D :yes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The original Halo I thought had an okay storyline. Half Life had a pretty solid storyline too, and one that I thought was pretty original.

I'm also a big fan of the starcraft story.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm also a big fan of the starcraft story.
Same here. Heh, I've even written a fanfic for it. Had a crappy ending, though.

@Andy: WoW doesn't have a storyline. It's not even that good of a game.

Best answers
i liked the GTA series, even tho it were more the missions

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hard topic. For me...

Final Fantasy VI - Lots of character development and a solid plot.
God of War - the animation style and solid acting helped take what might be a mediocre story and made it great. Furthermore, in many respects, it's a traditional Greek hero story with a twist wherein the protagonist's hubris and impiety do not ultimately lead to his downfall as in a normal story.

Just to name a few.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think the whole Half-Life from 1 to 2 + expansion
also, Halo and Halo 2, Max Payne, Metal Gear solid series , Resident Evil 2 , Warcraft's..

Those are the games i really cant's stop playing from, i like storylined games a lot :)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Awww this is a hard one

Gotta love the Sonic Aventure 2 story

Ace Combat 5's storyline was freaking movie material, loved it

Indigo Prophecy was pretty decent, got a little weird near the end...

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the game i've played with the best story is The Prince of Persia trilogy.
Absolutely magnificent! ;)

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Xenogears Fo'sho

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A lot of the Final Fantasy games had an awesome story line. FF VII really took me for a loop a lot of times with the story and still one of my favorite FF games.

Xenosaga was another series with a good story line as well since it was basically a movie then an actual game.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Legacy of Kain series.

Best answers

bubble bobble.

that and Link/Zelda Series

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To be pretty honest, I thought Half-Life [1]'s plot was the best I'd ever seen in a game. I don't find anything interesting about Halo, because it has such an overused, rehashed concept behind it; futuristic shooter, aliens, wannabe-cool captain, & just too much repetition. Half-Life was revolutionary; it was interactive, and the plot was great. It was dark, eery, & it offered some suspense, as well as a little "survival horror", and it actually had a pretty cool, original lead character.

EDIT:
The Diablo series is a close second. Both were great.
Final Fantasy series is a close third. Preferably #8.

I can't remember any others.

Warcraft... all of them.
If you think taking someone's original ideas, tearing them up, and taping them back together with bright colors is originality, then........ have fun.

Best answers
System Shock 2
Arcanum
Diablo 2

From best to not-as-best.

Best answers
Imo Metal Gear Solid Series have a good story lines. One of my fave games right now. But yeah, Phantasy Star also has the story O_O :yes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom