Votes: 0 0.0%
  • silent hill 3

• silent hill 4

• Total voters
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Two! Better character development and personalities, the best plotline for a horror game ever, Pyramid Head (in fact all monster designs were good) and great music and ambience.

To be honest it's between SH1 and 2. 3 was ok but 4 was pretty poor imo. Due to the fact SH2 had better graphics which massivley helped with atmosphere (things like slimy skin and jagged rust) and a more interesting story with some great twists (*SPOILER* The videotape in the hotel at the end where you find out how Mary really died ;_; */SPOILER*), 2 wins out overall.

Best answers
I agree with Ravendust all the way. SH2 is absoloutely fantastic. Pyramid gets my award as being the scariest enemy in any game - ever. Also, SH2 has one of, if not the best main theme music of all time.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SH2 was good until near the end, where every boss monster was identical, including the final one, which was a huge disapointment.

Best answers
SH2 is the best one of the Silent Hill games. It has the best music, best character's personalities, best plot, it's more terrifying and sadistic. It's one of my favorite games ever. If you are going to play a Silent Hill game, I recomend SH2.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i liked silent hill 3 the most, it was the only true sequel to silent hill 1.

unless im forgetting something silent hill 2 had nothing to do with the first one, aside from the town of course. it was still good however, (ill never forget those scenes in the flaming hallway near the end)

silent hill 4 on the other hand was horrible >_>, i managed to beat the game but i had to force myself to do it as to not waste the money i spent on the rental

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah SH3 had you playing as Heather *spoiler* /Cheryl/Alessa */spoiler*, so it picked up 18 years after SH1. SH2 was a standalone story, it has no connection to either.

SH4 was the 'GT' of the SH series, they changed a lot of things (more action orientated, inventory system, first person perspective, the 'room' as the center of the game etc...) and I didn't warm to those changes.

Best answers
I thought SH4 was a good game. Certainly not what I was expecting, but it was interesting all the same. The main thing it lacked however, was confusion. You were fighting ghosts and stuff, and things have been pretty straight forward storywise up to the point I've reached. Still, it had a very creepy atmoshphere which is the main reason I buy the games anyway.

Oh, and Ravendust, maybe what you said could be classed as a spoiler. Finding out about who the character was in SH3 was one of the best moments for me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry about that. It's been out for a while but I hope new people will still try out the series despite it's age. Fixed.

You're right, that was one hell of a plot twist. Subtle but extremely effective, especially if you played SH1 first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom