best rpg/adventure games?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ive already maxed out the sphere grid with all of the characters i use on ffx, at that point there is literally nothing left to do in the game. i even beat that super hard boss at the monster arena thing, i forget his name but its the last one

DMW

Best answers
In my opinion ff7 was better than ffx but ffx is still fun.I reccomend playing kindom hearts.It may seem like a kiddy game but it isnt.It has a good story,it makes you wonder and think about what happens next,what happened to make that person be like he his.The main quest is looking for the king(micky mouse)but a whole lot of other stuff happens to you along the way.You meet some well known characters from disney movies and some from final fantasy games. www.kingdomhearts.com this game is my favorite adventure game. The most annoying part is that donald really doesnt help me out much at all unless he heals me,but other than that its just me and goofy.There is also an awsome teaser when you beat the game with a few requirments.If you search for it on google you will find it no problem.So i would say go for kingdom hearts instead of ffx it has a better replay value as well imo.

****EDIT****
Whoops didnt check the date from the post before mine so im a bit late,still you can try KH,same price as ffx but much more fun.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
kingdom hearts is among the games that has spent its replay value. it is a good game, but its far too easy >_>.

the only true challenge was sephiroth, even after memorizing his attack patterns he would still sneak a big attack in. everything else practically LETS you get your hits in

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
arent there like 5 of these topics from the last 2 weeks alone...

megaman in general. chrono trigger. onimusha.

Legacy of kain, soul reaver series.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No crappy anime games from me :p.

KOTOR/KOTOR2 are awesome.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bboy_Budokai said:
arent there like 5 of these topics from the last 2 weeks alone...

megaman in general. chrono trigger. onimusha.

Legacy of kain, soul reaver series.
i guess i started a trend, as im pretty sure this thread was here before the others

and yes kotor was good, but if your xbox had the slightest bit of difficulty reading discs you probabaly wouldnt make it through the game without glitches and freezes everywhere.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
suikoden 2.... that game is simply awesome.... although the graphics aren't top notch, a really really great story

Best answers
read only the first post

ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA!!!

Best answers
imkongkong said:
suikoden 2.... that game is simply awesome.... although the graphics aren't top notch, a really really great story
Oh yes...i loved it...You could do so much in this game and the plot was so great.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm...EverGrace.

Crap graphics, crap sound, crap story, boring levels, unimaginitive character design, no depth, no replay value.

But the main character was called Darius.

Best answers
Uh... Well I always liked NoX for some reason... Great story, fun characters and doesn't even look half that bad for its day an age. Never really did like Diablo, though the samurai clone was ok. Very best RPG evar? FFVII hands down.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
meh, mattar of opinion there nadz, ff8 did the trick for me, the storyline was just so poorly played out in ff7 that i found myself struggling to "connect" with the characters on screen.

ff8 dealt with very human emotions, aside from the whole sorceress thing. the love story between rinoa and squall was portrayed perfectly. i dont think they couldve done any better short of revamping it for the ps2 or ps3 so you can really see the facial expressions and whatnot. i even lovd the junction system >_<, usually theres only 3 characters you can really pimp out your favourite 3 by dividing your like 12-15 GFS among those 3 characters

(i probly mispelled alot of stuff, i burnt the tip of my finger getting my food out of the oven, and i ben hitting wrong keys like a *****)

Best answers
i like phantisy star online 1 & 2 on gamecube but its getting boring at some point
cause its mostly killing monsters and buying new armour and weapons and so on
but for pc (if you have 1)
runescape is then a pretty good advanture rpg
www.runescape.com there you can download and play the game

Best answers
Eh, FFVIII had a great story, but the gameplay was horrible.

Still looking for something to play? You could always try Samurai Legend Musashi (which apparently is called Musashi Samurai Legend regardless what the case says). Honestly, I liked Brave Fencer Musashi more but SLM is mildly entertaining if you can deal with the ultra cheesy voice acting. Voice acting's so bad it makes me wonder if it's like that on purpose. I'd give the game a 6 or 7 out of ten.

If you haven't played or read Radical Dreamers, I'd recommend it. By now everyone probably knows what it is, so I'll skip the explaination. You can find the story on gamefaqs.com, but it's translated directly from Japan and doesn't really make much sense. Their's also an SNES ROM floating around out there that seems to be in REAL English. Normally I'm against ROMs and such, but the game was released on Satellite View, an add on to the SNES released only in Japan, so their's absolutely no viable means of obtaining the game legally as a cartridge does not exist. It's a text based game, but it's actually very entertaining. Try it if you haven't already.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OMFG...

please tell me your not talking about a text based game... for a console...

arent those all free, and useless?
some1 worked very hard all day, just to buy a game... thats all text.

metal slugs always a fun game, so is worms for some random boredom appeasement.

Best answers
It's not useless if you're a fan of Chrono Trigger/Cross...and don't knock it till you've tryed it. He said he beat Chrono Trigger 30 times so...

Best answers
God of War was really fun.

Diablo 2 is a good RPG if your computer runs it and you have the right character.

Secret of mana, well, kind of hard singleplayer, but its fun.

Super Mario RPG.. Fun stuff.

My minds blank.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
my computers damn near useless right now, thats mainly why im looking into console games

and text based console games arent boring, not all of em anyways. i like them cuz they take forever to beat. unlike side scrollers that can be beaten in one sitting. (but im going to completely contradict that and go play house of the dead 2 with 2 lightguns lol)

PSO was a great game as well, i still play it very now and then. but thats mostly due to nostalgia. i remember staying up all night playing PSO on dreamcast basically doing the same **** over and over again and it was still fun. now however its pretty boring, they couldve at least put some livelier music in there. i usually give up halfway through the caves cuz its just so ... "meh"

god of war was about as far from an rpg as humanly posible though >_>

half_unit, its gameplay (ff8) so far has rocked every final fantasy game since they made the jump to 3d, (least for me anyways). ff7 was just too simple for me-junction>materia+sphere grid+dress spheres

diablo 2 was a great game, but aftr being "l33t" for so long, then having all 8 of my accounts banned. (even my legit ones >_<, on different realms too) i didnt have the patience to start again from scratch. and believe me ive tried.

i hate how they patched the uber pvp necro technique, in which you cast iron maiden on a barb or druid then-
A) get the barb to start a whirlwind and put a couple of bonewalls in front of him
B) completely surround the druid with them, cuz unlike a barb he cant jump outand your free to blast him with those homing skull atacks while he waits it out.
(cuz if they attacked a bone wall with iron maiden on it would bounce back the damage 10x)

those were the days lol/

secret of mana was pretty fun for a minute or 2, but by the time i had gotten around to playing it my standards of videogames were pretty dang high so i gave up on that one,

super mario rpg, great great fun. but i do not own the cartridge or even a snes anymore. i know you all implied the "rom" way" but getting away from my computer and letting it not die very quickly is he point of me geting my game on at the console rather than at the pc. i can run an emulator on my ps2, but its extremely complicated without a modchip. (just ignore i said that last sentance)

i know this thread is beginning to look like all im doing is shooting down your suggestions here, but i was mainly looking forwad to hearing about games i havent played yet. it kinda serves as a reality check to how much free time i have on my hands to devote to videogames o_O that ive played 95% of the ones suggested.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
old fashioned huh. what i played of metroid prime was pretty awesome, i recommend that. also if you havent already D; OCARINA OF TIME \o/ and EarthBound :)
and of course on the PS side, Grandia, probably my favourite rpg of all time, the game was ****ing amazing. 2 years spent playing it and didnt even complete it lol. maybe you can finish what i couldnt nuttzy :]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom