best playstation 2 controller?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im not gonna bother putting up a poll cuz theres too many to list,

i purchased a gamestop brand controller that was near perfect, but over the years the rubber grip and the plastic part it was attached to began to crack,

so as a replacemnt i purchased the mad catz wireless one, it has to be THE WORST controller on the face of the earth, the analog sticks fel like they are on a spring if you move the joystick all the way one direction and release it will rebound the other direction when it reaches the center, it also doesnt stay calibrated, i cant even count how many times ive had to turn the controller off and back on just to get the anlalog sticks re-centered so im not always walking to the right, (it does this on BOTH joysticks)

i hate the standard ps2 controller with a passion, its far too small for anyone over 12 years old unless they have tiny little hands, i get carpal tunnel syndrome just looking at them,

ive been looking for a new controller and currently the one that is getting the best reviews is the logitech wireless one, but its just so different i dunno how itd fit my hands, regardless how well other people say it will,

any you guys have any favorites worth checking out?

KyoKusanagi

K
I'm guessing you have giant hands because im 19 (i don't have tiny little hands either) and i have no problems with the controls. In terms of usability and functionality you're not going to get any better than the standard pad though you may want to check out the logitech ones as your friends had mentioned since they're generally quite good.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mad Catz suck period, In you quest to the "Perfect" controller, avoid ANYTHING with the brand name "Mad Catz".....

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kyo, you are Asian if I remember correctly; I myself am mostly hispanic, and neither of us have large hands in comparison to caucasians. Nutty is most likely white, and thus is more likely to have larger hands, though not neccesarily huge ones.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im gonna try out some cheap one and see how that works out, a few people ive spoken to claim it is better than the logitech one thats currently in stores, if it sucks no big deal its only 20 bucks, i can buy a different one after that

im eyeballing the logitech wireless one if this one doesnt pull it off

KyoKusanagi

K
Lol @ Cuc yeah i completely forgot - although i don't have small hands per se, they do seem to be a little smaller than the average white dudes hands.

I did have a Nyko branded Scorpion Dual Force controller that was pretty good bar the D-pad so depending on whether or not you use the d-pad it may be worth seeking out.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I find the official one to be the most ergonomic and well made, but because it's official it doesn't have turbo/auto fire. I have a Logitec controller with said feature but the analogue sticks are a bit more stodgy. I'd choose the official one, in silver.

Best answers
Ravendust said:
I find the official one to be the most ergonomic and well made, but because it's official it doesn't have turbo/auto fire. I have a Logitec controller with said feature but the analogue sticks are a bit more stodgy. I'd choose the official one, in silver.

Pretty much. Also build quality is important; pretty much everything other than the Sony controller feels way too light and flimsy. In fact, the only system I would buy a third party controller for would be X-Box, and that's because that controller is frickin' ENORMOUS. It makes my hands hurt playing longer than 30 min, and I am a 6'4" white guy with huge hands. I can palm a basketball NO PROBLEM, but playing X-Box defeats me. whiskey tango foxtrot

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I own, the greatest PS2 controller ever to grace the earth with it's presence.

The power of ryu's hadouken is RIGHT IN THE CENTER OF THE CONTROLLER.

Nothing beats it.... NOTHING!

KyoKusanagi

K
I own, the greatest PS2 controller ever to grace the earth with it's presence.

The power of ryu's hadouken is RIGHT IN THE CENTER OF THE CONTROLLER.

Nothing beats it.... NOTHING!
Nothing...except maybe the Akuma\Gouki pad of the same shape and style :D

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
um... where can i get an akuma pad? : D lol

Nuttzorilla, tbh id advise against getting a wireless pad for standard gaming, they allways either feel wierdly light cos of the lack of wire but are unresponsive, or REALLY top heavy for the most responsive ones, and unusable.... plus in my room with wireless pads, they tend to....dissapear....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't knock the dancepad! You can play any game with it and get excersize! I find Final Fantasy X works well with it. :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KyoKusanagi said:
Nothing...except maybe the Akuma\Gouki pad of the same shape and style :D

Touche sir.... touche. It may look darker, and more evil, but as we all know, good always triumphs over evil kthxbi. :p

KyoKusanagi

K
Touche sir.... touche. It may look darker, and more evil, but as we all know, good always triumphs over evil kthxbi. :p
ahh, but Ryu never truly defeated Akuma - he's still around but Akuma's dark hadou has possessed Ryu on occasions :D...

You can get the Akuma pad at the Liksang website along with the Chun-Li, Ken and Ryu pads (which are coincidentally - prettied up Sega Saturn pads :))

Best answers
Abe Froman said:
You think for it's size they could have atleast made the damn thing wireless, eh?

Ebay up this one.
http://www.success-hk.com/review/airstyle/

It looks nice. But I dont like it's D-pad. Sony should do what nintendo did... make a wireless version.

If you want wireless, try this one.
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-m-70-2k7.html

It's "officially licensed"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom