Best overal Anime!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Post your oppionion here about what you think is the best Anime you have ever seen, also give a reason why it is the best anime you have ever seen offcourse >.>.

Personally I think the best Anime I have ever seen is Full Metal Alchemist...Just because it is (so far) the only Anime who made me laugh, get excited and sad. The anime has alot of fun moments ("Hey Shorty!" :p), good fighting scenes which dont take too long but arent too short either, just right, and has a couple of sad moments, like when(highlight)

When Tucker remade Nina's body, but didnt have the soul, he was talking to her and all just like if she was alive...was really sad to see him like that, almost made me cry...

Your oppinions?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree with you. Full Metal Alchemist is the best anime I've seen thus far. The end almost made me make an expression, but I stopped myself because Im tough. Im a tough guy.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bleach.

Has some of the best fighting scenes i have ever seen. Has some of the funniest moments ever. It mixes humor and drama in a very good way.

Best answers
Either Gungrave or Berserk, they're both tied at the moment. I loved the characters, and found myself genuinely intrigued by the relationships between different characters. On top of that, they both have cool action scenes. Also, they're both deadly serious; no silly anime humour at all.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eugh, it just kills me to see people naming "stretched on series" like Bleach, DBZ, etc as 'best overall.' They're the equivalent of mass-produced anime, and while they may be entertaining are far from the best.

The most highly polished over-all animes.. in terms of quality of story, animation, music and voice acting.. I'd have to say:

1) Last EXILE
2) Hellsing
3) Full Metal Alchemist
4) Trigun
5) Shoujo Kakumei Utena

Other "good" series: Chobits, Hunter x Hunter

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
rurouni kenshin OVAs =) those were freakin awesome

Best answers
Alea said:
Eugh, it just kills me to see people naming "stretched on series" like Bleach, DBZ, etc as 'best overall.' They're the equivalent of mass-produced anime, and while they may be entertaining are far from the best.
I understand feeling that way about DBZ, as it was extremely shallow, and went on for far too long using what was essentially the same basic plot line in each saga. I certainly wouldn't put Bleach in the same boat though. It's not the usual 13 or 26 episode anime, but despite its length I've not felt it's been stretched out at all. Although the first few episodes don't really give you a good impression, I've found that despite it being a "mass produced anime" it's also got a surprising amount of depth in both the characters and plot. I'm not saying you've got to love it or anything, but putting it in the same category as DBZ is almost offensive :p

For the record, Bleach is probably my third favourite anime under Gungrave and Berserk, at least so far.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Full Metal Alchemist is an awesome anime and really interesting and original storyline imo, I would say FMA and Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex are my favorite anime.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Some of the best character development in any show. It relys heavily on that, as well as a solid plot. It delves into the human psyche, and it really makes you think.

Great Teacher Onizuka - An extremely entertaining anime which is just plain ole' fun. It's crude, simple, and straight to the point, but that's the beauty of it. Onizuka could possibly be the greatest anime character ever created.

Elfen Lied - A great story that really tugs at your emotions. Oddly enough, from the outside it easily looks like the most violent and gory anime you've ever seen (and i'm not saying it isn't, cuz it surely is extremely graphic). But when you watch it, you'll instantly get sucked into it's world, and thanks to the interesting story and well-thought out characters, you can't help but think "The extreme violence actually makes sense."

betterman

B
my fav anime is....hmnmmm....id say gungrave becuase of the seriosness and emotion, was just great, next is bleach but i can't say best yet becuase it hasn't finished yet.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Saikano and Neon Genesis Evangelion

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
NARUTO!!!!!!!!!!
God Naruto pwns in ways that you're mother couldn't even imagine. I love naruto. I have a poster of naruto on my ceiling above my bed.

Best answers
my all time favourites are probably cowboy bebop and trigun, they are the only series that i own the dvd's for. both of them had a great knack for mixing silly antics and seriouse plots, and i love a lot of the characters.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
****, that's a tough question...

Berserk.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hellsing was really good, but it didn't follow the manga closely, Hellsing Ultimate will but isn't out yet.

Hmm...

Elfen Lied was deffinitly one of the best anime I have ever seen.

Actually made me shed a tear.

And SailorAlea, you have to keep in mind some people never heard about anime's like Hellsing and Full Metal Alchemist, or even worse, have no way of ever seeing them, some just don't know any better. :]

🍂 Regular
Best answers
Hash said:
Great Teacher Onizuka - An extremely entertaining anime which is just plain ole' fun. It's crude, simple, and straight to the point, but that's the beauty of it. Onizuka could possibly be the greatest anime character ever created.
Agreed, IMO GTO is the best overall anime ever (together with BERSERK ofcourse). The same goes for its manga counter-part (which is alot better then the anime ofcourse) which is quite possibly the manga ever.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's easy, Berserk. Both manga and anime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom