• Cell vs Goku

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vegeta vs Goku ( saiyan saga )

• Vegeta vs Goku ( buu saga )

• Cell vs Goku

• Piccolo vs Android 17 ( my all time best )

• Vegeta vs Cell

• Brolli vs Everyone ( i know hes in the movies but i had to add this)

• Vegeta vs 18

• Kid Buu vs Goku

• other ( please state what it is )

• Total voters
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's not all true. Goku doesn't always have the highest Powerlevel. Look through saiyan-cell sagas. Everyone else is pretty equal to him up until he comes out of the hyper bolic time chamber, Goku has been that way since he was a kid, he never gives up I guess. It's nothing to do with his fighting style he just happens to be more durable and pure hearted than anyone else. It's almost impossible for Goku to lost in a about if the other person is a fraction stronger than him. To Goku power doesnt matter, He will just never give up on a challenge. Vegeta is somewhat the same way, Goku can just take more hits than Vegeta most of the time.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Goku is very light-hearted, yes, and he isn't as brainy as Vegeta or Piccolo, but Goku is VERY smart on the battlefield. He does NOT rely on raw power, otherwise he would've ended up like future Trunks. If you watched the original DB, where the focus is more on technique(s) than power-level you'd see that Goku actually pulls off some really brilliant moves.

Think about it. Fighting is the LIFE of Goku, it's all he does.

Piccolo is the only one that pulls off any sort of tactical play in DBZ though, if you want to look at it that way. I don't think anyone saw the scattershot thing coming.

I've never seen Vegeta do any overly intelligent moves. I guess some people consider "firing 1,000 ki blasts at the same spot for 5 minutes" as a prime example of Vegeta being a combat genius? I'm not saying that he isn't, but really there's just as much evidence for Goku. There's just too many Vegeta-lovers out there :]

Just trust me. Goku is a dolt in life, but not in the ring.

Best answers
Ssj2 Gohan Vs. Perfect Cell
Piccolo Vs. Andriod 17

And about the goku thing, He is Smart, even smarter then Vegeta and Piccolo at times, watch eps 154 no worries here, and you see what I mean.

BTW Goku get #1 for the best power up scene in eps 154.

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i would say, the vegeta vs. buu in other world, when goku was recharging his ssj3 power. vegeta nevergave up, although he knew he couldnt win. i liked that fight the most.

Best answers
movie 12
goku vs janemba
and gogeta ve janemba

Best answers
I forgot the movie number of the brolli vs goku, gohan, future trunks, and vegeta. They didn't cut it down into 30 episodes with massive ammount of talking. more action then talking so yeah.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
piccolo has the best fighting technique. for one vegeta would use all his energy on one blast... goku: all you have to do is beg for mercy and wait for goku to turn around and shoot a blast through him... gohan... too ****y when he gets mad (think about it in the cell saga ssj2 gohan couldve beat cell in 30 secs but instead he took 30 minutes... lets see oh yeah tien has a good technique... krillins too scared... chiatzu's too small... raditz too cokcy... nappa would make a perfect fighter since he's ruthless... i think im done :)

Best answers
i think vegetto is technically the best fighter wether its power or technique, but hes fused so he probly doesnt count, so id say piccolo is the best, i mean the guy has the knowledge of 3 wise fighters lives of fighting inside him

Best answers
Vegeta and Goku Buu saga. both were equal, and not one was going to giveup.

Kid Buu and Goku was a good fight too. Esp. when they started biting each other, hilarious.

Orz

Best answers
Goku is a genius fighter who is best in hand-to-hand, martial combat, mixed with a few surprises: think Warp Kamahemaha. Vegeta is apparently a 'strategical master', which is kind of odd for someone who handfeeds #18 to Cell and then gets beaten up, but I suppose I can understand that. He takes advantage of the situation. Piccolo is a master of ki attacks - he managed to double his powerlevel against Raditz by focusing all the power into his fingers for the Special Beam Cannon. Not to forget Scattershot!

Anyway, that's the way I see it. Goku isn't really as stupid as you might think, he's just naive and innocent. When he believes Raditz is truly going to become a happy, friendly, peace-loving person, he's not being stupid, he's being foolish. There is a big difference.

Best answers
fatmanterror said:
i think vegetto is technically the best fighter wether its power or technique, but hes fused so he probly doesnt count, so id say piccolo is the best, i mean the guy has the knowledge of 3 wise fighters lives of fighting inside him
i think vegetto was the worst fighter, as far as skill. he is over confident and very ****y in battle. I he wasn't so much more powerful then Buu, he woulda gotten a beating.

Best answers
Vegeta is no tactician or "strategical master".....he only relies on his strength! he's never won/lasted long in a fight, when he wasn't stronger than his opponent! e.g. when he fought frieza, he couldn't land a punch! but Goku fought pretty well against frieza and he was even weaker than Vegeta!
and i have to say, that it is pretty sad that many ppl get the most things in DBZ wrong....

Best answers
[SSJ]MyStIc said:
i think vegetto was the worst fighter, as far as skill. he is over confident and very ****y in battle. I he wasn't so much more powerful then Buu, he woulda gotten a beating.
Veggeto was just stalling so Buu would absorb him. Remember, he wanted to save the others. We never really saw Veggeto fight to his fullest.

And as for Vegeta. He can't really think straight when he's mad. But he does sieze the oppurtunity when it benefits him. And he can make up good stratagies(just not in the heat of battle i.e. the spirit bomb against buu.)

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
vegeta was just plain ****y, especially in the cell saga. But he isnt one that doesnt care about anything but winning. I mean, he couldve destroyed cell and the whole planet alongside cell with the final flash, but he focused it on cell and only on cell, and thats why he only hit cell's arm.

Vegetto is strongest in his candy form in my opinion, for the simple reason that he was so damn fast. not to say he couldnt do a huge big bang attack in normal form but he could do it as a candy, but he just plain annoyed buu in that form.

Goku's kind personality usually overcomes his strength. he couldve easily had raditz die without him being hit, but i guess it was all for the good since he met king kai.

Gohan was afraid, he gave up quick, and plain sucked at fighting. he fought good against cell, thats ok, but it seemed like he was afraid to tear him apart. he couldve easily done that kamehameha with 2 hands instead of one at the beginning of when he went ssj2, and he wouldve vaporized cell, but he held it back.

Cell was the actual strategic genius. waiting for piccolo and 17 to fight for a while so piccolo would get tired and couldnt fight back, and mentioning his perfect form to vegeta, so he got the chance to transform. his perfect form was a bit too ****y though. he shouldntve had tried to get gohan mad.

Orz

Best answers
I don't think Vegeta is a strategical genius myself, I'm just repeating what the show said many times. Piccolo said it, Goku said it, King Yema said it... at least in the Funimation dub.

As for Goku, how can anybody say he's weak and unskilled? Relying only on power? Goku has fought people stronger than himself and still won (Vegeta). His martial arts skills are unmatched, he masters and uses his techniques even better than Piccolo does, he is truly the most powerful person in the show. You'd have to be a rabid Vegeta fan or Goku hater not to realise this.

Best answers
Vegeta wasnt a 'strategical genius' at all, despite being called it multiple times. when it came to fighting, he was just like a common warrior, BUT, the reason they keep calling him 'strategical' or whatever isnt from his fighting skill, its from the psychological skills. out of all the charactors, he pulled the most bluffs, he messed with opponents minds, tried to throw them off mentally so he could win physically.

reason for him doing really REALLY stupid things like letting cell absorb #18 is because of his 'saiyan pride'. hes an extremely c0cky, overly confident prick. he didnt expect cell to become as strong as he did, but he did want at least more of a challange. obviously if he knew he would get his ass handed to him, he would have finished cell right then and there.

and what orz said about goku is totally right, he was a lot smarter then he came off as. powering up a kame to the point where CELL was afraid of it destroying the planet, then instant transmitting right beside him, brilliant idea. it didnt work, i know, but they obviously wouldnt expect him to recover from having his top half blown apart. making the spirit bomb far above on freeza, another smart idea, again didnt work, but... yeah, its the thought that counts.

okay enough of this fanboy bullcrap, charactor opinions aside, lets get on to the battle opinions, wahaha!

to me, i have to say a LOT of the battles were dragged on far too long, with far too much pointless filler crap. ok, honestly if you were fighting some guy who seems like they could be pretty strong, would you NOT try your hardest??? why the hell dont they just go full-out and kill whoever they're fighting before they get a chance to do the same to them??? the only person i see SOME logic in doing this is vegeta, because of his overconfident personality. besides that, its fairly pointless.
big example is how freeza gives goku a whole frickin episode to charge his spirit bomb.... meh, id have killed him right there, idiot stickin his arms in the air, leaves himself totally open

which brings me to the fights, id say any fight between goku and vegeta are probably among the top. no nonsense, flat out kicking eachothers asses, the saiyan saga fight was my favorite, including the whole waiting for goku thing. the saibamen, chaotzu blowing himself up, tien freaking out, piccolo taking the hit for gohan, gohan freaking out, krillin not knowing what the hell to do about anything, the whole 'race against the clock' for goku to get back before they decide to trash the planet.

although im kinda pissed about how vegeta only uses the gallic gun once.... ever. i mean, he was going to blow up the PLANET with that attack, and compared to later on, they were weak little pathetic nothings. if you think about it, in comparison gallic gun is stronger then final flash, gallic gun would have taken out the planet, so would final flash.... after a much longer charge. its kind of a given that the attack would become stronger as the user becomes stronger, so by the time he learned final flash, his gallic gun would have been INSANELY strong.

then theres the way gokus kame fights back against it.... he was so beat-up and weak, that was the last of his energy he put into the kame, so chances are it wasnt as strong as he could have had it.... yet, it beat the planet-destroying gallic gun.... and somehow later on, it doesnt get stronger? consistancy is somewhat akward.....

i know its GT... but i really liked the goku vs bebi battles.... im not really sure why, but i did... something about the whole way that every time goku seemed to become stronger, almost instantly he gets screwed over again untill he lucks out in the end... uubu... bah, i find that akward... but the way it all ended sucked to me, by that time, the whole 'blast-the-guy-into-the-sun' deal had been done twice in movies. the third time around, it wasnt anywhere NEAR as cool as brollys death, it sorta sucked really..... but thats GT and this is a DBZ game/forum/whatever, so i should stop talking now...

[edit] sorry bout the lengthyness of it >_<
feel free to point out any flaws i might have made or things i might have missed, mainly with the whole gallic gun dealie

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My favorite fight in DBZ is definitely Mystic Gohan versus Super/TrueBuu.

Mystic Gohan by far has the most finesse out of any of the Z Senshi, with a 2nd to Vejita, and a 3rd to Piccolo.

Best answers
ssj2 gohan vs cell. gohan ab-so-lute-ly owned cell, which was quite gratifying to watch after all those other guys had failed

and when he finally went to pieces...:p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well if UltraPerfectCell fought SSJ2 Gohan, Cell woulda won hands down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom