Beneath A Steel Sky (15+)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I found out today that one of my favorite childhood games (and the first PC game I played that wasn't built into Windows 95) was made Freeware by it's developers, and made compatible with post-98 versions of Windows (2000/NT/XP). It's a futuristic point-and-click adventure with a good story and characters and some decent (occasionaly adult) humour. I strongly recommend giving it a go if you have a few hours to spare and want a laugh. Some of the puzzles can be challenging if you don't think them through.

Beneath A Steel Sky Installer (64mb)

If anyone gives it a go then be sure to post your progress. Bear in mind that it's over ten years old so it's graphically dated. The music's still catchy though =)

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Heh, I remember hearing about this game years ago. Never did get to play it though. Perhaps I shall gives this a whirl at some point.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Always wanted to try this. ;o

+downloads+

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's not dated, it's awesome. I just spent the day playing SNES games, so there is nothing wrong with old games. We played some MK, Duckhunt and the entirety of Super Mario World.

I can remember when point-click games were common. Anyone here played the Dig or the original Myst? Those were great games.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So that's what that game is... I saw the name on the Debian game repositories, but decided not to download it from the description. I'll have to give it a try anyway. =o

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i have the original myst.

do you mean dig dug for the atari?

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
I played Dig

It takes place on an asteroid.

I got stuck and got so frustrated, plus it annoyed me that if there was a small crack in the ground, you had to walk all the way around it, couldn't just step over it >.<

That superhuman dead nerdy guy was good for a laugh though.

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
frsrblch said:
That's not dated, it's awesome. I just spent the day playing SNES games, so there is nothing wrong with old games. We played some MK, Duckhunt and the entirety of Super Mario World.

I can remember when point-click games were common. Anyone here played the Dig or the original Myst? Those were great games.
That's right, it's not dated, it's vintage. ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I got up to the point I was stuck at ten years ago, then spent about an hour working out what to do from there, and another hour to complete the game. Turns out I was quite close to the end when I was 9. From start to finish it probably took me 4-5 hours (or 11 years if you count when I started playing) (I found the puzzles harder at the start), then I speedran it through in 57 minutes o/

Some of the puzzles are very unforgiving, like pinpoint places you have to click/mouseover just to progress. *spoilers*I was stuck in the abandoned subway 10 years ago, it took me a while to find that tiny light socket and work out what to do with it =P

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I played Beneath a Steel Sky for about an hour last night, and I was pleasantly surprised at how fun it was. Some of the dialogue is quite amusing, especially when Joey has something to say. =p I also like the maturity of the game (lolol kilz0r'd security guy) and the above-average voice acting. :3

o/ It's a keeper!

Best answers
Ah, great game. Still need to finish it sometime... farthest I got so far was going through the elevator on the top level.

Also, it's odd that sometimes what the characters say doesn't match with the subtitles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom