Bench Press

Best answers
I want to buy a bench Press, pretty much because my chest is pitiful. I was gonna buy this here. I thought It was great because It looked sturdy, came with 100 Lbs of weight and had a lot of functions. But I noticed the shipping and handling was 96 dollars. and Im not spending $250 on a bench to benchpress with.

So can anyone help me find a bench press that isnt super expensive (under $150) and has little S/H (im pretty sure S/H will cost a lot unless its free for a certain amount of time.) or can be bought at a store instead of ordered on the net?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
jeeze... your too young to be getting into this, wait until your body has finished its natural development. and just use your own bodyweight, doing pushups (wide, close, and hands touching) will fix your chest just fine, without spending stupid amounts on useless crap.

Best answers
I checked Walmart and didnt find anything, I dunno, I guess i'll look again. oh, and since I'm Walmart Security and all I can probably pull some strings (lol, cheesy joke :)).

Here, Im replacing my old question with this, Do you guys know of any stores that would sell bench presses, dumbbells, and freeweights and stuff?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Last warning. Stay away from weights until you're older. You are going to destroy your body. Just..stop. Use your own weight if you want to exercise. You're 15. You're supposed to look pitiful. If you don't believe me, play Fable.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
Last warning. Stay away from weights until you're older. You are going to destroy your body. Just..stop. Use your own weight if you want to exercise. You're 15. You're supposed to look pitiful. If you don't believe me, play Fable.
Lmao! That made my laugh.

Anywho, if you really desperatley want to work out.... Go to the gym. That's what I do o.0

But everyone else other than Zeo and that other guy that said it: Stop lifting weights. You're too young. If you don't listen to us now you're going to regret not listening to us in the future.

Truth

T
I have heard that if you do weight lifting to early It could have bad effects because your body Is still developing. Which, makes me wonder why they forced that on us in Gym class around that age.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I seriously doubt they made you exercise to the extent that Walmart is. He needs to quit while hes ahead. In gym all I had were basketballs and soccer/volley/kickballs.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Running and doing push ups and sit ups and pull ups and how high you can jump, and sports are different than doing 5 sets of 20 reps with 50 lbs weights. I don't know what you do Walmart (calling you that is awkward) but if you do do weights, take it lightly, don't over do it. You can get a ripped stomach and ripped pecs by doing pushups and sit ups. Let your body grow for 2 or 3 more years then you can start lifting weights, and taking your body to a harsher limit.

I was just like you at 15 (well i was 14 but still) I lifted weights everyday, ran everyday, did pushups sit ups, everyday. I did whatever I could to get stronger, then I learned that's bad for you and stopped. I'm kind of hoping you do the same. Trust me, if you are really into lifting weights, and working out, you only need about six months until you noticed huge differences. I think you can wait until your 17/18

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hes not doing it to get stronger. He just wants to look pretty (hes ****ing 15). Push ups and pull ups will make you incredibly strong if done properly. Using weights and all that good stuff is to target various parts of the body, mostly to make them defined.

Case of Pushups vs. Weight Training: My friend is a monster. Hes huge. I mean, this guy has a 20 pack and you can see every muscle in his arms and chest; even some that don't even exist. Thing is, its fluff. Since we've been friends for a long, we wrestle and beat the crap out of each other all the time. Not once has he been able to overpower me (I weigh 165 and he weighs 190). Hes convinced that I'm secretly lifting weights all the time and then somehow manage not to become as bulky. So...even though hes huge and I'm pretty thin (although I am toned and I check how much I can bench every 4 months or so), my pushups, pullups, and situps have made me a killing machine and his weights have made him look like a Greek statue (but weak nonetheless).

Moral of the Story: I don't know. Don't **** with me or something like that. Oh wait, I remember the moral now. Stop lifting weights. Alea said it before. Girls don't like monsters (although my friend seems to be the exception).

Best answers
we keep telling you this.. stick with push ups and sit ups....basic weight training is fine but don't over due it. You get to into this buddy

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Take it from Saru, man. Saru has never touched a weight in his life (aha...). God just smiled on his mother and gave him the power to fight King Kong, Godzilla, and Mothra at the same time and win. Hes that damn strong. But Superman is still faster.

Truth

T
Zeonix said:
I seriously doubt they made you exercise to the extent that Walmart is. He needs to quit while hes ahead. In gym all I had were basketballs and soccer/volley/kickballs.
They had us lift weights when I was around the age of fourteen. It started in sixth grade. I remember, there was a whole couple of weeks set aside for this weightlifting course.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
I seriously doubt they made you exercise to the extent that Walmart is. He needs to quit while hes ahead.
I'll just quote myself since theres no reason for me to post something new.

Truth

T
Since I have not read what amount of weight he is lifting or wants to lift I can not know for certain if we were made to excercise to the extent that he is. Then again, perhaps we were. :yes:

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Then prepare to sue your school.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was also made to do weights in gym class, but nothing like I do at the gym nowdays (where I push myself as hard as possible). The most we did at your age was 10 curls with 2x5kg dumbells. Stick to bodyweight excercises by the people who know what they're doing. Trust me, if you want to be big, eat a lot of meat (or other foods high in protein - you're still growing, you need it now more than ever), drink a lot of water and do things like pushups and situps (but even then don't go overboard).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom