Bejita!!!! (wip)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Vegeta suffers from massive hair loss...

Its looking pretty good imo though.

Are you going to make his jaw moveable and all?

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pretty much just modeled all of the hair main 'pieces'- then primitively booleans'd them together after cleaning it up a bit. Then just 're-topologise' it so it's a nice clean mesh. I'll soften it out / whatever as i need.

And yeah yeah he'll have teeth and all that.

I underestimated how much work this would take to get it to look right... I need to go over stuff alot.

Edit: Thats a lie I didn't booleans them after all- just manually tweaked it into place.

Hair is almost all together- head should be a solid object soon and I'll be able to tweak it alot better

Last edited:
Force Pit Member
Best answers
Trial and error is what makes a great modeler. You have the right mentality about this, you're definitely on the right track.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lil bit more progress...

Slowly fixing up the polyflow/topology of the or the hair, and just getting the shape to feel right- the normals are being really angry coz it's such a crazy piece of geometry. Anyway I'll figure it out. More to come.

Last edited:
🌠 Staff
Best answers
honestly for the hair dont stay 100% with the refs, move spikes around some if you need to to make it flow a bit smoother/better, so some spikes arent as squashed while others are round. also, something bout the bottom lip sticking out like that looks funny to me, idk if its too far out or too big or what

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
honestly for the hair dont stay 100% with the refs, move spikes around some if you need to to make it flow a bit smoother/better, so some spikes arent as squashed while others are round. also, something bout the bottom lip sticking out like that looks funny to me, idk if its too far out or too big or what
Yeah the hair has deviated a bit from the refs I drew, but it's the only way you can justify the shape from all angles sometimes.

Gettin some stuff done on the hair still- made like 4 versions of it... I've cut 2 in half and am gonna fuse them together they've got the best of the back and front... post some pics soonish- then I'll do more work on the body and the face- oh and a mouth. Hopefully I'll finish the model soon anyway and can begin UVing/texturing...

Speaking of which whats the deal with shaders and textures in 1.3 or final or whatever you call it?

Finally my tribute to ESF:Kidz is complete.

Jk duh- still got some proportion work to do as well as fix the hands / legs / arms general fixer-ups- oh and the mouth... I forgot...

Hard to get this guys proportions right...

Edit:

Still needs more work- But what do you guys think? I want people to be happy before I ship him off to texture land.

Last edited:
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
The hair is just awesome. But you still need to work on the hands and legs.
-The hands took to blocky.
-You could make the leg muscles more visible and outlined.
-And please do something about the feet. They look like 2 hooves with 2 triangles attached to them.

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Speaking of which whats the deal with shaders and textures in 1.3 or final or whatever you call it?
You can use Diffuse, Specular and Normalmaps for Character Models and theoretically also use a custom shader that can have more stuff in it like sss or stuff that is really overkill for an animee character. As for the textures u can of course use all common formats as long as the size is power of two. My suggestion would be using DDS files though.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ROFL sub surface in hl1? wtf...

---------- Double Post below was added at 10:03 PM has been merged with this post created at 10:02 PM ----------

Never done normal maps for a character before might be interesting...

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ROFL sub surface in hl1? wtf...Never done normal maps for a character before might be interesting...
Just saying you could have it, if necessary xD so far Skiwan stated that specular maps is really all u need for an animee character, but I wouldn't know sa I'm not a modeler, I'm just giving you the options

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nah he is right. Spec is the second most important map in most cases.

Though it would be interesting to see what bump could be used for and if it looks ok on the engine.

Last edited:
Best answers
Can you just buff him up a little bit?? I was wondering, like he was in the Broly movie, he was looking more matured that way.

Otherwise, I love you dear :p
YOU MY SON ARE THE ONLY ONE DOING SOMETHING ABOUT VEGETA ATM AND KEEPING US IN THE LIGHT....
CARRY ON MY WAYWARD SON... :D

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He was USSJ in Broly movie.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

You guys- feel free to scribble on ^this^ to show me what to change

Mesh still needs lost of fix'm ups but now how's it looking for proportion?

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Broly: The Legendary Super Saiyan takes place during the ten-day wait prior to the Cell Games.

But from how it seems, It looks perfect to my untrained eye.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom