Bejita!!!! (wip)

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You should be safe sticking around the 3k poly range.
Cool I'll be in range easy then. It's under 2k and I've got everything but the head done.

People get a bit crazy if something isn't right though- so I might wait for some more tweaks before letting it out to get torn down again.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not that wrong... he makes them in some parts thicker and its ok.
No no they were quite bad. Just kinda threw them together.

Saying that all off this still needs tweaks and whatnot.

Things to still address:

*everything (yes that includes the arms and legs and armor and hands and whatever)
*polyflow/topology & anatomy
*overall proportion(But I'll use lattices and things to fix that later)
*lack of head (best till last baby)

Last edited:
NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
His hands could be bigger and longer. No, they could be fixed. Anyway I like the legs.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He looks thin and his armor looks kind of off. Go to the side view and make him a bit wider.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Used about half the 3k poly limit so far.

Hands still need a special going over as well.

Might start on the head now though!

Edit:

lawlsuperprogress

Last edited:
🌠 Staff
Best answers
well, i spose i should straighten this out, the newer esf models use a count around 3500-3800 polygons. so anywhere between 3-4k should be fine, your body is however a bit wierd proportion wise, the wrists for example are too thin in the front view. Also, Doormats proportion help is fine and all, but personally id look for some setteis for vegeta considering toriyamas characters arent really proportionally accurate in alot of aspects

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you made the armor pretty detailed compared with other parts.. legs/boots look choppy, try adding some shape in those areas. and check proportions
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a71/luctkc/proportions.jpg
Yeah like GG said this this a dragonball character, they don't really abide by any real sense of proportion- Vegeta is especially weird in that respect with his arm/leg length. If I modeled him like that ref he'd look like superman or some ****. The armor really isn't that detailed actually. It's only like 300-400 tris (200ish faces). I didn't really know what was going on with the poly limit before so I did the legs with as little polys as the shape would allow.

well, i spose i should straighten this out, the newer esf models use a count around 3500-3800 polygons. so anywhere between 3-4k should be fine, your body is however a bit wierd proportion wise, the wrists for example are too thin in the front view. Also, Doormats proportion help is fine and all, but personally id look for some setteis for vegeta considering toriyamas characters arent really proportionally accurate in alot of aspects
wheres_warren said:
Hands still need a special going over as well.
But yeah vegeta setteis are quite hard to come by- I've been looking for refs for for a while but I haven't found a heap. So I've been modeling this based off various partial side/front shots from the manga. If you could tell me what else you find off about it that would help me out.

Anyway I'll post some progress throughout the day- Just wanna get the head done to a decent level before I go around adding detail elsewhere. I was saving ma polys for his crazy hair.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
From the way it looks in the settei it looks as if his fingers tips would end at the side of his knee.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
From the way it looks in the settei it looks as if his fingers tips would end at the side of his knee.
Yeah that's what I was thinking...

What ever happens though- he's going to have to get scaled/latticed into a different shape when the 1.3 vegeta comes out unfortunately.

Anyway, with news of the new poly limit I can spend far more on the hands and legs. I'll post stuff soonish.

Also what facial features do I need to model for the rig?

Last edited:
🌠 Staff
Best answers

didnt look hard enough =x

facial features mainly focus on mouth detail really, teeth, tongue, decent space inside for both, nothin too fancy

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lil bit of head work
Still not happy with general shape I've got for some reason.... Obviously poly flow and things need fixing etc Anyway it's still changing.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So pretty much after Cell was killed Vegeta shrunk but kept the arm length.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Haha, he must have stretched them out with all that buff transing.

Last edited:
Force Pit Member
Best answers
I like where this is going. Tip: Model the entire head first then use the cut tool accordingly to slice the spikes into his hair, it'll save you a lot of trouble.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like where this is going. Tip: Model the entire head first then use the cut tool accordingly to slice the spikes into his hair, it'll save you a lot of trouble.
Finally some faith haha! Cheers man.

I have a different idea for the hair and it's working so far... a little time consuming but I get a good shape from it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom